What's new

India welcomes Chinese investments in infrastructure sector

Thanks for the link

I won't 100% this won't work but given the nature of Infra projects in developing countries its an investors worse nightmare. The only investors possible to pull off large infra works are State funds (i.e Temasek Holdings, China investment etc) because they have cash up front and no shareholders to answer too.

Nothing against India, if the government is strap for cash it will try all means to pull it off. If someone asked me today to invest in Infra projects in Indonesia I would also balk at the idea of it.

This article from the economist sums it up nicely, unless clearer directions/red tape are evident from the GOI it would be hard to say how things will pan out for the really big stuff.

Infrastructure in India: RIPPP | The Economist

Actually the techniques and risk allocation methods of project finance have really worked well. Forget India, Investors have got good returns even in war raged countries through PPP.

Chad - Cameroon Pipeline project is one. You will find hundreds of such risky projects being financed through PPP.

Chad–Cameroon Petroleum Development and Pipeline Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PPP is designed to be used to finance very high risk projects. In fact 20% of world's investments are through PPP.

China perhaps is the only large economy that doesn't use PPP, as everything in China is owned by the government hence enjoy considerable cushion. In countries such as India where more than 80% of the country's wealth is owned by private parties, India doesn't enjoy that cushion hence resort to PPP.

Some of the Indians seriously are to hyper. Chinese investment will be good. China is bad is overrated by wrong information fed by media and politicians. China is not that bad, the likelihood of us having a war is close to zero. We are working in that direction Agni V is beginning.

Some of the Indians seriously are to hyper. Chinese investment will be good. China is bad is overrated by wrong information fed by media and politicians. China is not that bad, the likelihood of us having a war is close to zero. We are working in that direction Agni V is beginning.
private businesses go where there is profit. a few indians and chinese taking pot shots at each other will hardly make a difference.

^^^as I said, it is only the insecure chinese and indians who get in to such debates.

i'm sure the level-headed ones are more than happy to make money together.

it is the indians who are INSECURE!

no one in China take you seriously even though most of your "glamourous" and "bad mouthing " efforts which range from commonwealth games, bombay infrastructure, aircraft carrier, supercomputers etc to the missiles are "China Specific"!

You are in deep shiiit! now go asking the imf and loan sharks for money to fill up your S holes!

Stay away from us!

^^^LOL, I find your responses exceedingly amusing. please continue the drivel.
meanwhile the business minded folks can focus on making money. :tup:

Agni 5? :lol: kid any use of military force against the Chinese motherland and we will wipe that brown off your skin permanently.
That's why when we invade your country you are too scared to do a damn thing about it, because you know any military conflict with the PLA will mean the extermination of the Indian civilization.

Agni 5? :lol: kid any use of military force against the Chinese motherland and we will wipe that brown off your skin permanently.
That's why when we invade your country you are too scared to do a damn thing about it, because you know any military conflict with the PLA will mean the extermination of the Indian civilization.

Talk less and do more....(courtesy @by78 :lol:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Even USA does not easily win over smaller nations. You are no where close to US and we are not a minows.

Infact, Indian infrastructure sector is one of the fastest growing in the world. A trillion dollars are at stake, and given Chinese experience in this particular sector, this is the only sector where China has competitive advantage over western counterparts.

India doesn't look to have enough to meet its import and loan obligation in coming days, foreign investors are fleeing. Before you open book on trillion meter long indian fairy tale, please tell investors, Chinese or otherwise, how they will get their money back?

India doesn't look to have enough to meet its import and loan obligation in coming days, foreign investors are fleeing. Before you open book on trillion meter long indian fairy tale, please tell investors, Chinese or otherwise, how they will get their money back?

Who says India doesn't look good enough to meet its import and loan obligation? :lol: Any statistics or just your mental mastuburation? My advice : come out of your India hatred thing.

Have not seen anything to suggest that relationship would improve. Did Modi and his party make any stance regarding china?

Actually not Foreign Policy is not a hot topic during elections actually not even a cold one
But the US is giving him a headache & he has also visited China many times
but sure hell he will be better than this UPA govt under Congress party
It has seriously Facked our relations with Russia,China & Iran

this is what your media would never tell you .but you are able on get some info through overseas medias,isn't it?

Hey i remember you
you were Frenziedly-Neutral on Indian Threads
What happened to you

Did those Crazy China Collapse threads turned you bitter or was it something else

let's admit it we dont get along

indians are not in the same class as other south Asians whom we feel comfortable with

Cheerleaders.

you are a super-powder, "China Killer" icbm and air-craft carrier elite club member, inda 2030 - india shining! You are so untouchable!

It seems Chinese want to like their former colonial master Imperial Japan. :wacko:

No Dogs, But Also No Japanese, Filipinos, Or Vietnamese Allowed? [UPDATE] | Beijing Cream

If it is so stupid in helping Pakistan out, why not India??

You've already hung yourselves by the rope they've given you - Everything is now Chinese in Pakistan, from roads to dams to bridges to ports to missiles to aircraft to ships to infrastructure being built in Pak administered Kashmir, to the opening of land routes through Pakistan for access to their own energy and trade requirements. In other words for their own national interests. In fact Pakistan administered Kashmir is soon turning into another Chinese autonomous region like TAR. It's just the question of time.

There are no free lunches. The Chinese will extract their pound of flesh from Pakistan at an appropriate time. And then you guys will be left holding the candle!

Are you on drugs ? Pakistan is China's ally so helping Pakistan is OK !!!

Hey i remember you
you were Frenziedly-Neutral on Indian Threads
What happened to you
Did those Crazy China Collapse threads turned you bitter or was it something else
haha,i'm serious. you may try to search the news about our engineering machinery industry in India medias.what information can you get?

Back
Top Bottom