What's new

India wants second line of fighter jets: Report

I have feel that it will be a american plane: either F16 or F18.

F-16 started there MLU in 90s? What you talking about?

That not going to happen , if China was interested in resolving those then it already happened by 2013.

Also whoever said this Mk1A not going to be ready by 2024, is moron of highest order. It best ready for induction by 2019.

So do you think MOD is pressurizing HAL/ADA to issue these statements to support the procurement of F-16s?

So do you think MOD is pressurizing HAL/ADA to issue these statements to support the procurement of F-16s?
No, did any official statement coming from MoD about F-16? And CAS last year cleared the IAF stance about LCA, that initially they want to induct 6 squadrons that met IAF standards i.e. MK1A. Where is the ambiguity? Things are clear as hell.

One Line for TEJAS

Second line RAFALE ; that is all

I guess, Rafale are too costly. Hence, I guess GOI will stop at 36. Moreover if it were Rafale this news would not come. I guess the second line will be from Americans. By buying from Americans, Modi is buying geopolitical influence.

No, did any official statement coming from MoD about F-16? And CAS last year cleared the IAF stance about LCA, that initially they want to induct 6 squadrons that met IAF standards i.e. MK1A. Where is the ambiguity? Things are clear as hell.

But statement is about LCA MK2 which requires structural changes. LCA MK1A is marching ahead and on order. There is no ambiguity here.

But statement is about LCA MK2 which requires structural changes. LCA MK1A is marching ahead and on order. There is no ambiguity here.
He said clearly, in IAF sense, there is no Mk.1 and Mk.2.
They want 6 squadrons that is ready now.

Correct. MK1A would make those 6 squadrons.

LCA Mk2 would not see the light.
And why? 6 squadrons are enough to replace MiG-23, MiG-27 & MiG-21?

Correct. MK1A would make those 6 squadrons.

LCA Mk2 would not see the light.
Also for what G414 bought?

You think IAF satisfy without IRST in LCA? No they dont, and there is huge requirement of Mk2 in IAF.

And why? 6 squadrons are enough to replace MiG-23, MiG-27 & MiG-21?

As I said earlier we would have

1st - SU-30 then FGFA (2022 or later)

2nd - LCA MK1A

3rd - RAFALEs

4th - F-16s

5th - AMCA (2030 or later)

LCA MK2 in 2024 or later does not have much significance unless they drastically change the requirements.

As I said earlier we would have

1st - SU-30 then FGFA (2022 or later)

2nd - LCA MK1A

3rd - RAFALEs

4th - F-16s

5th - AMCA (2030 or later)

LCA MK2 in 2024 or later does not have much significance unless they drastically change the requirements.

And why F-16? Why not Gripen NG then? Buy every single engine aircraft in world. And fuk the logistics like India done in 80s.

When there are solutions which are offered by Indian OEM, still we seeing foren? Why?

And why F-16? Why not Gripen NG then? Buy every single engine aircraft in world. And fuk the logistics like India done in 80s.

When there are solutions which are offered by Indian OEM, still we seeing foren? Why?

So you think Gripen would be picked over F-16 because it has commonality with LCA MK1A?

How does Sweden as a country support strategic interests of India? With FGFA, RAFALE & F-16 procurements India would keep Russia, France & US (all UNSC veto members) on it's side. Sweden is a light weight actor in International politics.

So you think Gripen would be picked over F-16 because it has commonality with LCA MK1A?

How does Sweden as a country support strategic interests of India? With FGFA, RAFALE & F-16 procurements India would keep Russia, France & US (all UNSC veto members) on it's side. Sweden is a light weight actor in International politics.
Firstly, you already assumed Mk.2 is dead. Clear that why & how it is dead? And how you assuming F-16 is chosen, any authenticity in this?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom