What's new

India Wants New Defence Ties with Sri Lanka

Last edited by a moderator:
Then What do you cal, this sir??? Sri Lankan former PM Ranil Wikramasinghe has said that India has actively helped the Lankan army in its fight against the LTTE.

YouTube - India helped SL army fight LTTE: Ranil

I think you misunderstood the post.

We did support them i.e diplomatically,intelligence inputs,training soldiers etc

But India refused Sri Lanka military equipment(probably because of local protest and human rights violations).

So they obvious turned to China,Pakistan & Israel.

Besides NDTV is our national news channel.

Sri Lanka Navy interested in The Shivalik class frigates or Project 17 class frigates are multi-role frigates with stealth features being built for the Indian Navy.

The Shivalik class will be the main frigates of the Indian Navy in the first half of the 21st century.

Let’s see if India sells them to Sri Lanka

Shivalik_Maiden_Sortie.jpg

We (India) are interested in this. - Nimitz class carriers.Lets see if US sells us these in light of the recent Indo-US Defence co-op.

gounder-albums-my-general-use-picture3397-nimitz-class.jpg

What crap is this.? :hitwall:

I think you misunderstood the post.

India refused Sri Lanka military equipment(probably because of local protest and human rights violations)

So they obvious turned to China,Pakistan & Israel.

Besides NDTV is our national news channel.

Dint You witness what happened to Indian army truck carrying weapons to Sri lankan military in Coimbatore?? There were Destrotyed by the Protesters, even then We Provided Radars , Pinaka Launchers , Indira Radars etc

We (India) are interested in this. - Nimitz class carriers.Lets see if US sells us these in light of the recent Indo-US Defence co-op.

gounder-albums-my-general-use-picture3397-nimitz-class.jpg

What crap is this.? :hitwall:

India could bend over and say please and the US still wouldn't sell a Nimitz class carrier. Don't be naive.

And also why isn't anyone talking about the obvious ethnic angle in this issue.

WTH would India want to buy a Nimitz class carrier? It's an overkill.

IIFA Awards 2010 – Colombo, Sri Lanka

Let’s Do Business Friends

Last edited by a moderator:
Its better if India support's ltte even after rajiv ghandhi's dead. India(mainly northern Babus-no offence please) supports lankan military and block all aids going to tamil people in lanka:angry: and now more than 5 lak tamil's dead:cry:

Its better if India support's ltte even after rajiv ghandhi's dead. India(mainly northern Babus-no offence please) supports lankan military and block all aids going to tamil people in lanka:angry: and now more than 5 lak tamil's dead:cry:

So you would openly support a civil war in another sovereign country? How hypocritical would it be if you condemn terrorism and support the organization that first invented suicide bombing?

India could bend over and say please and the US still wouldn't sell a Nimitz class carrier. Don't be naive.

And also why isn't anyone talking about the obvious ethnic angle in this issue.

U didn get my obvious sarcasm at srilankan...

Which country would export a stealth frigate that will be the mainstay of its navy in the near future and what threat perception SL has to warrant a 6000 ton stealth frigate..?

I just extrapolated it to show how its a crazy news just like Indian Navy wanting the Nimitz.

U didn get my obvious sarcasm at srilankan...

Which country would export a stealth frigate that will be the mainstay of its navy in the near future and what threat perception SL has to warrant a 6000 ton stealth frigate..?

I just extrapolated it to show how its a crazy news just like Indian Navy wanting the Nimitz.

Fair enough point taken. I'll read carefully nexttime.

So you would openly support a civil war in another sovereign country? How hypocritical would it be if you condemn terrorism and support the organization that first invented suicide bombing?

We Tamils have no problem if the GoI remains neutral,but this stupid GoI supported the genocidal SL govt which gave a free run to its soldiers to shoot and kill anything Tamil.

Thats what we condemn.

Dude do u know why LTTE came into existence.?so dont shift all blame on LTTE because the Sinhalese were no angels.they were equal murderers

We Tamils have no problem if the GoI remains neutral,but this stupid GoI supported the genocidal SL govt which gave a free run to its soldiers to shoot and kill anything Tamil.

Thats what we condemn.

Dude do u know why LTTE came into existence.?so dont shift all blame on LTTE because the Sinhalese were no angels.they were equal murderers

If not for the British would there have been Tamils there in the first place? I'm sorry but my sympathies lie strictly with the Sinhalese in this case.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom