What's new

India vs West Indies

Gandhi G in da house

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
If India wins this one , india plays Australia in the QF and if India loses this game India plays Sri Lanka in the QF .

what si the desirable result for India .

The final match of the 2011 world cup League stage which will decide the fate of all the quarter finals .

I declare the Thread open ...

Let the discussion begin ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA :taz:

Army, Coast Guard called in to fortify Chennai for World Cup match tomorrow

CHENNAI: The city is getting fortified like never before on the eve of the India-West Indies World Cup match on Sunday.

In the wake of intelligence reports suggesting possible threat to the World Cup venue, the state police have recommended the Army to deploy anti-aircraft arms at strategic places. The DGP has also asked the Indian Coast Guard to step up surveillance along the Chennai coast. The Coast Guard will deploy two of its vessels along the Chennai coast to monitor movements in the sea. More than 2,000 police personnel will be on vigil in and around the MAC Stadium at Chepauk.

"We are taking the help of Army and Coast Guard to provide strategic support," Chennai police commissioner T Rajendran told reporters. The stadium and its periphery will be cordoned off and traffic would be diverted around the area. Only people with valid passes will be allowed near the stadium.

Fishermen along the Chennai coast have been asked to report any suspicious movement to the police. The intelligence wings have been asked to activate the coastal village committees for intelligence gathering.

The police have installed 180 CCTV cameras in and around the stadium and have set up a control room to monitor feeds from each of them. In addition to the city police, two Swift Action Groups of 100 personnel each and two Quick Reaction Teams of an equal number will take positions in the stadium. These teams will be armed with assault rifles like AK-47s and AK-56s Plainclothes policemen will mingle with the crowd.

Army, Coast Guard called in to fortify Chennai for World Cup match tomorrow - The Times of India

Army, Coast Guard called in to fortify Chennai for World Cup match tomorrow

CHENNAI: The city is getting fortified like never before on the eve of the India-West Indies World Cup match on Sunday.

In the wake of intelligence reports suggesting possible threat to the World Cup venue, the state police have recommended the Army to deploy anti-aircraft arms at strategic places. The DGP has also asked the Indian Coast Guard to step up surveillance along the Chennai coast. The Coast Guard will deploy two of its vessels along the Chennai coast to monitor movements in the sea. More than 2,000 police personnel will be on vigil in and around the MAC Stadium at Chepauk.

"We are taking the help of Army and Coast Guard to provide strategic support," Chennai police commissioner T Rajendran told reporters. The stadium and its periphery will be cordoned off and traffic would be diverted around the area. Only people with valid passes will be allowed near the stadium.

Fishermen along the Chennai coast have been asked to report any suspicious movement to the police. The intelligence wings have been asked to activate the coastal village committees for intelligence gathering.

The police have installed 180 CCTV cameras in and around the stadium and have set up a control room to monitor feeds from each of them. In addition to the city police, two Swift Action Groups of 100 personnel each and two Quick Reaction Teams of an equal number will take positions in the stadium. These teams will be armed with assault rifles like AK-47s and AK-56s Plainclothes policemen will mingle with the crowd.

Army, Coast Guard called in to fortify Chennai for World Cup match tomorrow - The Times of India

Thank you for posting brother . I thought this thread was going to go postless . Thank you . LOL

The match is 70:30 in favor of India. But anything can happen. Its better we win and face Australia. Their team not looking good.

Sehwag is doubtful for India's final group match of the World Cup against the West Indies on Sunday as he has a knee injury.

Sehwag has got an allergic reaction in his right knee, so we will take that call (about whether to play him) either in the evening or on the morning of the game," India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said at the Chidambaram Stadium on Saturday.

If the dashing strokemaker is ruled out, Test opener Gautam Gambhir would most likely partner Sachin Tendulkar at the top of the order.

We already reached the next round…so I think we can afford the risk but Winning the final Group B encounter is important for India to regain the confidence that was dented by the narrow loss to South Africa

Chummi Baba may give you guys honor by telling the result of this match before the start of the match! :coffee:

^^^
dont worry, thread will come alive tomorrow lol

to bol dijiye naa!!! :taz:

abhi aik hi innings daikhi hai advance mein! Poora match daikh kay bataon go :lol:

On serious note I will ask my friend about the match tomorrow, then I will be able to post something here.

abhi aik hi innings daikhi hai advance mein! Poora match daikh kay bataon go :lol:

On serious note I will ask my friend about the match tomorrow, then I will be able to post something here.
I will surly post what he says before the match.

Match khatam ho ne ke baad mein hi bol dunga!!!! No need of Chummi baba..... :hitwall:

BTW my prediction India will win. :azn:

I think India should look for victory. Aus too are not looking very good, their batting has been exposed. I think India has a good chance against Australia cause they have also defeated Aussies during warm ups. There is a serious question mark on their spin attack.

Back
Top Bottom