What's new

India VS Australia - Abandoned?

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Heavy rain. Pools of water all around. Looks awful. Unlikely play will resume any time soon. I will say it again - there is no reserve day. Even for the final. India and Australia will just share points. So that means for India to go on they will have to beat West Indies, Pakistan will have to beat Australia, and even then India's net run rate will have to be good for them. For Australia, a win or a split point will take them through. Even if they lose they can make it on net run rate.

This means...may be the first time in their lives..Indians will be praying for the Pakistan victory against Australia..or they are out.:partay:

:lol: and what should we do? its hard to miss the semis just for ousting bhartyas

This means...may be the first time in their lives..Indians will be praying for the Pakistan victory against Australia..or they are out.:partay:

I do not agree with your logic, If Australia win their next game, India are virtually out.

What has this to do with Pakistan. India would be much worried about their matches. If it does not perform against their opponents they will be out.

I do not see hatred for Pakistan in India in cricket. This indian team seems not strong enough.

:lol: and what should we do? its hard to miss the semis just for ousting bhartyas

This could be the scenario after Today.

Australia will have 3 points
India will have 1 point (1 for the tie)
Pakistan will have 4 points.

Say Australia beats Pakistan..then they have 5 points.
India beats West Indies.. they will have 3 points.

In the end..the table could be

Australia 5 points
Pakistan 4 points
India 3 points
West Indies 0 points.

India and West Indies will be out.

Australia plays against the top team in the other group.
Pakistan plays the second top team in the other group.

So pretty much it is an easy road.. but any collapse would mean the end for Pakistan CT.

This is with reference to my earlier comment: "So that means for India to go on they will have to beat West Indies, Pakistan will have to beat Australia, and even then India's net run rate will have to be good for them."

Many fans appear to have misread this statement, it clearly states For India to go on. The criteria listed out in that comment purely applies to India and what they need to do to go through to the next stage if this match gets abandoned.

Lets get this clear - Pakistan are currently on 4 points, Australia on 2 and India nil. Now lets consider the situation if this match gets abandoned and the two teams split points. India will have one point, and Australia 3.

In the next game, if Australia beat Pakistan, then the situation is straightforward. Australia will move to 5, Pakistan will stay on 4 and India will be knocked out, because even if they beat West Indies, they'll only remain on 3.

If Australia lose to Pakistan, and India beat West Indies, then it's a fight between India and Australia to go through to the semis. Australia will then remain on 3 points, India will also have 3 and the team with the better net run-rate goes through.

My explanation posted on Cricinfo.

i was about to post the same thing :bounce:

anyways it would be interesting to see which ankaray indian media shows this time around

but certainly i would like pakistan to win its next match.it would give our players alot of confidence.

:pakistan:

update:
match called off

pakistan is through :pakistan::yahoo:

Last edited:
Good work. We are now in the semis... Time to unleash Asif..and Aamer against a good opposition.

indian future to come back in game is depended on pakistan if pakistan beat australia and india beat westindies by hi margen then india come back in game so what is you feeling dear indian's mates

but there is a chance actully i want to know about the view of indian's always they try to damge our team contry and internationaly our image
indian's wher you lost come here we are ready to help you just say pakistan zindabad

Team India was not good enough to progress into next round.

I predict Australia and Pakistan in finals.

^ Lol, yeah, mate!

Let's see Net Run Rate for Australia and India if three points each

Australia= +1.000
India = -1.080

if Pakistan beat Australia, still Australia will go to semis with little better Net RR than India (-1.080) ....

:pakistan:

well at this point it isn't very conclusive cause these NRR would change after the pak vs aus and ind vs wi game.and it only takes one big loss to take your NRR from +ve to -ve.

but a good thing for india is that they will pretty much know the outcome of pak vs aus match cause pak-aus match is a day game while ind vs. wi is D/N game.

Well, if Pakistan beats Australia then India has the chance to beat West Indies.. real bad.. to help the RR. However, as bad as the Indian bowling is.. i see a close match between West Indies and India...where RR will not help much.

Webby if Australia gets 5 points and Pak gets 4 points, then Australia will play second top team and Pak will play top team of the other group

I want Pak to play NZ our record is very good against them, their batsmen cannot handle our bowling and their bowlers are nothing great either. I like their captain though, hes a real fighter, maybe its the glasses, he looks like hes always up to something. But the stats speak for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom