What's new

India, US troops take part in simulated military operation

^ keep 'em coming! From Yudh Abyhas '09 there was a wealth of multimedia content accumulated, this year should see even more!!

+ Some of these guys are Ghataks- guys on the fire support platform, Gypsy, look to be Ghataks and those on the ground look to be regular sappers (despite having new helmets, goggles and knee and elbow protection).

No Indian SOFs took place in this particular ex (that is a completly separate joint ex called Veyu Sena, on the whole SOFs only train/exercise with other SOFs and there were no US SOFs taking place in this ex).
Some facts are correct but the main fact, the joint Indo-US exercise in which only SF train is called " Vajra Prahaar ". I don't think there's even an exercise named Vayu Sena.

Some of these guys are Ghataks- guys on the fire support platform, Gypsy, look to be Ghataks and those on the ground look to be regular sappers (despite having new helmets, goggles and knee and elbow protection).
What the hell are Ghataks doing in Rajasthan ? Correct me if i am wrong but Ghataks are the commando units in Rashtriya Rifles and RR is only posted in JnK.

Some facts are correct but the main fact, the joint Indo-US exercise in which only SF train is called " Vajra Prahaar ". I don't think there's even an exercise named Vayu Sena.

What the hell are Ghataks doing in Rajasthan ? Correct me if i am wrong but Ghataks are the commando units in Rashtriya Rifles and RR is only posted in JnK.

Yes Vajra Prahar it is.

Ghataks are strike troops all infantry battalions have ghataks in their ranks these are the blokes from the battalion who did very well i.e probably an Alpha rating in the Commando course at Belgaum.

RR has a commando unit too but most of the blokes in that are from Para or Para(SF).

Looks like all our soldiers are wearing new helmets and visor.
Fire%2Bsupport%2Bbeing%2Bprovided%2Bduring%2Bthe%2Bexercise-759978.JPG

Is it me or is the guy standing on the jeep is an Indian Soldier ?? If yes then it looks like he is wearing a new BP jacket also.

No, you are quite right- "Vajra Pahaar" is the one, sorry about that. But Ghataks are not only part of the RR but are Special Operations Capable infantry platoons attached to EVERY infantry battalion in IA to be used as "shock troops", they are not quite SF but trained VERY hard and close to it (in some cases better than many foreign SOFs).

Ghatak Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like all our soldiers are wearing new helmets and visor.
Fire%2Bsupport%2Bbeing%2Bprovided%2Bduring%2Bthe%2Bexercise-759978.JPG

Is it me or is the guy standing on the jeep is an Indian Soldier ?? If yes then it looks like he is wearing a new BP jacket also.

Ghataks have got A LOT of new kit (BPJs, weapons, comms etc), they are also all meant to get TARs by the end of this year.

Abingdonboy,

Yes indeed they are Ghataks from Jat regtt...they were wearing elbow pads and knee pads which got me confused.But the thing to also see is that the regular troops have not only started using more gears but they have also modified their vehicles like that gypsy with two machine guns.

Ghataks have got A LOT of new kit (BPJs, weapons, comms etc), they are also all meant to get TARs by the end of this year.
Is there any new video of Ghataks other than that Russian video ?? Also is there a video of Vajra Prahar 2011 ??? There were some pretty cool pics from that exercise. Also is there a video of Yudh Abhyas 2012 ?

The Indian army look cool in its new attire except the orange furniture everything is good......just wondering why don they use tavour........i think the new B.P.J,HELMET will look like this,the thing is when whole army is equiped with new bpj,helmet and shin/elbow gaurds........is that daksh or american robot?

Is there any new video of Ghataks other than that Russian video ?? Also is there a video of Vajra Prahar 2011 ??? There were some pretty cool pics from that exercise. Also is there a video of Yudh Abhyas 2012 ?

Unfortunately I don't think so, although I could be wrong. The MOD is VERY wary of allowing any sort of publication of active personal and when it comes to SOFs the chances are next to 0. Most of the pics/vids showing these guys is taken by foreign military/journalists (US/Russian/Chinese etc) and even then MOD controls what they allow to be published involving their personal.

The new kit is nice, is this a part of F-INSAS or is this just regular modernization process?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom