What's new

India, US set to ink $1.4bn deal for 22 Apache helicopters

And don;t forget guys this is the Apache Block III as well with a fully integrated digital cockpit, one of these beast can take down 5 tanks from distance and destroy any terrorist crawlers with the cannons, have a look on you tube to see what these beast have done on the Afghan-Pakistan border.

The scary thing is that the Block 3 can control 4 drones at the same time as well, giving it greater kill range, while keeping it safely hidden, I can't believe India and the USA are forging such a strong friendship, trust me Indians you guys are not going to be disappointed, no wonder Pakistanis and Chinese on here are pissing in their pants.

trust me Indians you guys are not going to be disappointed, no wonder Pakistanis and Chinese on here are pissing in their pants.

Nobody's pissing their pants you French pos, you're acting as if the Apache is an indestructible machine.

Not at all. we are happy for Indians. In the final analysis, its the men behind machines that matter. And we know we have more capable men!

Yes personnel training and capability is a factor but the technological capability of the hardware also highly matters, it's not just one factor that determines it as you think.

Nobody's pissing their pants you French pos, you're acting as if the Apache is an indestructible machine.

Yes personnel training and capability is a factor but the technological capability of the hardware also highly matters, it's not just one factor that determines it as you think.

Can you list paramters in your training which negate Tech Advacement ??

I think India should have minimum 50/60 Apache. 20/25 for Indian Air Force and 30/35 for Indian Army.

If you look at Indian military purchase habits... they always buys in small orders and follow on is bigger. I wish Indian Army should also get hand on Apache.

I think India should have minimum 50/60 Apache. 20/25 for Indian Air Force and 30/35 for Indian Army.

If you look at Indian military purchase habits... they always buys in small orders and follow on is bigger. I wish Indian Army should also get hand on Apache.

Army is happy with LCH, they'll infact order more than one hundred of it. Apache's is mainly for IAF, replacing Mi-35 Hinds. Though i agree, order should be more than 50, and i hope they'll order more in near future.

India buys arms in increments like it bought those heavy lift planes 6+6 ....I think IA will buy more of these choppers in coming years.

Army is happy with LCH, they'll infact order more than one hundred of it. Apache's is mainly for IAF, replacing Mi-35 Hinds. Though i agree, order should be more than 50, and i hope they'll order more in near future.

Sir - have reitrated sevral times Akbars (Mi 25/35) will not be replaced before 2020.
Midlife UpGade was completed by IAI 3 years ago.

Longbows will be Based in Arunchal Pradesh. Akbars have 10 more Years.

Army Aviation Corps is setting Air Cavalry LongBows wil be with them. Not IAF

Can you list paramters in your training which negate Tech Advacement ??

Apparently having technology is obsolete, you know since the US and USSR lost in afghanistan, and Israel was defeated by hezbollah.

Again that is the popular belief on this forum.

What will a attack helicopter do with surface-to-air missile?

It's an air to air version, to fight other helicopters, drones or even fighters at close ranges.

Sir - have reitrated sevral times Akbars (Mi 25/35) will not be replaced before 2020.

No, they are meant as the replacement of the Mi 35s, that is widely known and that's why IAF, not IA holds the competition and made the evaluation. The only way to get Apaches for IA, is to get these Apaches, since they will get the Mi 35s now, with the recent policy change of MoD.

One Apache on its own can take out about 10 tanks and do serious damage as well with its cannons, now multiply that with 1 Apache and 4 predator drones that it can control and you will see why this beast is one of the most feared on the battle field.

Now this beast does not just destroy armored columns but it can also wipe out troop formations as well, and with the added support of it controlling 4 - 5 unmanned drones just imagine what it can do to a army.

This is why the Chinese, Pakistanis etc are running **** scared, the Apache is also very stealthy and can hide almost anywhere and pop up and destroy armor and then disappear again, trust me India has made a great decision here, and the USA are known from their high tech and on time delivery as well.

It's amazing and about time the two largest democracy in the world lead the way in every area, the world will only be a safer place and with Israel standing side by side with the Indians as well they are going to lead us into the new age.

It's an air to air version, to fight other helicopters, drones or even fighters at close ranges.

No, they are meant as the replacement of the Mi 35s, that is widely known and that's why IAF, not IA holds the competition and made the evaluation. The only way to get Apaches for IA, is to get these Apaches, since they will get the Mi 35s now, with the recent policy change of MoD.

Please check my Profile....then Challenge my statements.

Any idea then why IAF is spearheading this instead of the AAC?

Any idea then why IAF is spearheading this instead of the AAC?

Prior to 1986 Air Operations Used to manage Heptrs -Cheeta/ Cheetak. In 1986 as part of Revised Orbat by General Sunderjee it was decided to set up air assault team for Coverage for Armoured Corps. Consequently, the best available Option at that time was Mi 24. By 1986 the LTTE conflict was also on rise it was clear IPKF would be landing in Jaffana by 87.

Air Op in 1986 did not have capability to Manage a Complex air assault Chopper. Cost was picked by IA for 10 Mi 24s Initially later on 12 more Mi35s more were procured.

As AIr Op was not having experience of Managing Combat Heptrs thus it was evident IAF will manage - service and train IAF officers from Mi8/Mi 17 HSQs. Post Kargil AAC starting sending Pilots to run the 2 HSQs (No104 & No.125) on 3 year rotation Basis.

As AAC came in formation in 1987 and over the years earned experience to Manage Combat Hepts still IAF was not keen to give Combat Air Control to Army, as per ASRs Army will be provided with CAS, TARCAP and Interdiction missions by IAF, apart from which SAR/Op/MedVAC were pure responsibilities of AAC.

ACM Browne has conceded with much difficulty AAC to Operate Comhptrs which was strongly supported by Raksha Mantri Shi Antony General Bikram Singh. This was also supported by the new Strategy Cold Strat.

For a civilian above is more than enough to understand the Pandora's Box

Prior to 1986 Air Operations Used to manage Heptrs -Cheeta/ Cheetak. In 1986 as part of Revised Orbat by General Sunderjee it was decided to set up air assault team for Coverage for Armoured Corps. Consequently, the best available Option at that time was Mi 24. By 1986 the LTTE conflict was also on rise it was clear IPKF would be landing in Jaffana by 87.

Air Op in 1986 did not have capability to Manage a Complex air assault Chopper. Cost was picked by IA for 10 Mi 24s Initially later on 12 more Mi35s more were procured.

As AIr Op was not having experience of Managing Combat Heptrs thus it was evident IAF will manage - service and train IAF officers from Mi8/Mi 17 HSQs. Post Kargil AAC starting sending Pilots to run the 2 HSQs (No104 & No.125) on 3 year rotation Basis.

As AAC came in formation in 1987 and over the years earned experience to Manage Combat Hepts still IAF was not keen to give Combat Air Control to Army, as per ASRs Army will be provided with CAS, TARCAP and Interdiction missions by IAF, apart from which SAR/Op/MedVAC were pure responsibilities of AAC.

ACM Browne has conceded with much difficulty AAC to Operate Comhptrs which was strongly supported by Raksha Mantri Shi Antony General Bikram Singh. This was also supported by the new Strategy Cold Strat.

For a civilian above is more than enough to understand the Pandora's Box

Nice information but it still didn't clear why IAF is running this tender and not AAC of IA
If you really think these Apaches are going to IA ( which I doubt though ) why not tender by IA. and tender isn't that old its pretty fresh.

Nice information but it still didn't clear why IAF is running this tender and not AAC of IA
If you really think these Apaches are going to IA ( which I doubt though ) why not tender by IA. and tender isn't that old its pretty fresh.

Because the tender was started some years ago and the Apaches are intended to replce the Mi-35/24 in IAF service that are under IA control. These Hinds still have the IAF livery, are still flown by IAF pilots and maintained by IAF technicians.

Back
Top Bottom