What's new

India unveils $30 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
its funny how you are protraying that 1500 rupess is soo little and how it is going to help all thoes children but the reality is its not going to do anything why or how.... beacuse thoes kids families dont make an eazy 1500 rupees like our families make get the picture,,,, or you need it much more clearer beaucse i can give you a link of all sorts of pictures that proves my pont on how can this so called affordabel make a difference

Oh Now I get it, Your Concern is Genuine..... but sir, India has Something call, Mid day meals, free education, Right to education....

now let me tell you how these work.... A parent who cannot afford to give his child Food would defenetly send him/her to school as meals are provided, along with Cloths to each and every student...

And This laptop is for students, designed by student's and developed by scientists,for Specific purpose and Just for The cause of Learning... And 1500
10px-Indian_Rupee_symbol.svg.png
is Not portrayed small, But its the cheapest available in market, and will get to 10$ that is 500
10px-Indian_Rupee_symbol.svg.png
after companies start manufacturing it....and This would be distributed to poor Children who have shown Interest In Studies at free of Cost.... Now the Govt gives Costly laptops to such Students, Now as this has Come, govt can widen its arm

Last edited:
You may not have heard of them coz this is their first product. They're actually a bunch 20-21 yr old kids, college kids who came together with VC.

I will like to give Notion Ink Adam a try if it comes out as I am not an Apple fan. Besides , Android is going very well as embedded OS.

It'll be interesting to see a breakdown of assemble list of the computer and source of manufacture because I'm amazed they manage to get the cost so low. Especially after factoring the touch screen and battery unit.

It'll be interesting to see a breakdown of assemble list of the computer and source of manufacture because I'm amazed they manage to get the cost so low. Especially after factoring the touch screen and battery unit.

Thats because govt has 50% subsidy sir:cheers:

Notion Ink Adam is a great product, i had the opportunity to play with it at CES 2010!
it has 256MB ROM memory where the OS and applications reside, the storage memory can be expanded upto 32GB using SD card. Currently it is running Android 1.6 which is very capable OS for browsing and office productivity. Anyone who has used Android or Goggle phones can vouch for this OS.
Adam has built in wifi and 3G support so if you a mobile user you can insert your data sim and off you go.

To drive all this it uses Tegra 2 processor which can play 1080p video files without any sweat.

the model i saw at CES was a prototype and according to the booth crew final model will be much sleeker and will have web cam built in as well.

Notion-Ink-Adam-tablet-1.jpg

Ah Gotcha, its a good progress and congrats to India, who knows maybe one day the whole world will be running around with touch screen laptops. :partay:

Hopefully yes, and after the companies take up the contract, the price will come down to 10-20$ aswell....:D

What :blink:??? May be i am missing something however i have never seen you trolling...so would you mind sharing the part that i am missing which is how do you conclude that it is

- Crappy
- Copy of iPaad

B/W shall we compare the prices of these two units and now imagine if succesful how much useful it would be especially for children of South Asia???

Why are you feeling so insulted?

It is crap. I dont need to show anything to prove that.

Notion Ink Adam is a great product, i had the opportunity to play with it at CES 2010!
it has 256MB ROM memory where the OS and applications reside, the storage memory can be expanded upto 32GB using SD card. Currently it is running Android 1.6 which is very capable OS for browsing and office productivity. Anyone who has used Android or Goggle phones can vouch for this OS.
Adam has built in wifi and 3G support so if you a mobile user you can insert your data sim and off you go.

To drive all this it uses Tegra 2 processor which can play 1080p video files without any sweat.

the model i saw at CES was a prototype and according to the booth crew final model will be much sleeker and will have web cam built in as well.

Notion-Ink-Adam-tablet-1.jpg

iPad is built around the applications, and so does the iPhone. Otherwise, there is no reason why any developer (Nexus) cannot succeed.

iPad is built around the applications, and so does the iPhone. Otherwise, there is no reason why any developer (Nexus) cannot succeed.

I don't know why you are comparing it to iPAD! Adam is low cost tablet using open source Android so the general public in India can afford it.
iPAD is built for people with heavy wallets, no doubt the experience on iPhone/iPad is much better/smoother but both are targeted at different markets. iPad cost around $899 here compared to Adam which will be $30-$45.

Currently i am using iPad at work and Dell streak (running Android) at home, Anroid beats IOS hands down. Android's memory management is far superior to IOS and Android can truly multi task unlike IOS. I must admit that iPad truly shines when it comes to feel and GUI experience of applications.

When you say iPad is built around applications, same is the case with Android! it's apps based and there are thousands of apps available at Google apps.

Last edited:
I don't know why you are comparing it to iPAD! Adam is low cost tablet using open source Android so the general public in India can afford it.
iPAD is built for people with heavy wallets, no doubt the experience on iPhone/iPad is much better/smoother but both are targeted at different markets. iPad cost around $899 here compared to Adam which will be $30-$45.

Currently i am using iPad at work and Dell streak (running Android) at home, Anroid beats IOS hands down. Android's memory management is far superior to IOS and Android can truly multi task unlike IOS. I must admit that iPad truly shines when it comes to feel and GUI experience of applications.

When you say iPad is built around applications, same is the case with Android! it's apps based and there are thousands of apps available at Google apps.

Just cut the crap, i dont know why the people dont know Sh!t and they act as super duper market experts.
Dont post any post again on this section, go and do some homework.
The launch price of adam is going to be around 300 $ not 30-45$:hitwall::hitwall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom