What's new

India unveils $30 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll believe it when i see it.

so share a pic plz.

Here YOU GO WITH THE PIC

rs1500_tablet_210710.jpg

Its a single unit system with a touch screen and a built in key board along with a 2 GB RAM memory, wi-fi connectivity, USB port and powered by a 2-watt system to suit poor power supply areas.

Open Office, SciLab and internet browsing with flash plug-in, JavaScript. It also has wireless communication for Audio/Video, Cloud computing option, remote device management capability, multi-media input output interface option.
“Since there is no hard disc, the computers have lesser memory, but one can use add-on memories. There are solar panels also with the computers

And all these for Just 30-35$

Last edited:
lol it looks nice but i know for a facts it going to be crappy and hobo thangs soo i would not buy it rather just keep my money

lol it looks nice but i know for a facts it going to be crappy and hobo thangs soo i would not buy it rather just keep my money

It will not be available in the commercial market for You to buy it aswell, unless the big Companies take up the contract.... this has been designed by the Students and Scientists from various IIT's across the country and Will be Available only through educational Institutions... This is a New Initiative by the Govt of India to promote E-Education at a Very low cost

So you may Not get a Chance to buy it either, your Money is safe:pop:

awwwww how cute give kids a crappy laptop while pandup jee spends billion upon billion IN DEFENCE SPENDINGS on the bad enemies lol reminds me of MOTHER INDIA

awwwww how cute give kids a crappy laptop while pandup jee spends billion upon billion IN DEFENCE SPENDINGS on the bad enemies lol reminds me of MOTHER INDIA

A laptop with a touch screen and a built in key board along with a 2 GB RAM memory, wi-fi connectivity, USB port and powered by a 2-watt system,Open Office, SciLab and internet browsing with flash plug-in, JavaScript,wireless communication for Audio/Video, Cloud computing option, remote device management capability, multi-media input output interface option,add-on memories option,Solar Panels

With all these features, and For Just 1500
10px-Indian_Rupee_symbol.svg.png
, Sounds Crappy to you???

And even if we spend billion in defense, we are not compromising our education atleast, Doing something instead of Nothing

can afford that fat albert with that radio!!! hahaha

most indians live with $30 income an year, u gonna snatch their anual income lol

This is not the place to discuss about it, if you are so interested, go to relevant threads, and there is Nothing to lol about, Indian education system is the Most acknowledged one... And this laptop is gonna stay..

honestely 1500 rupees LOOOOOL AHHAHAHAHAAH OMGGGG that like saying here you made less than 5 dollars a day soo why dont you buy some thing that is equal to a week of your payment... would i do that NO beaucse have food on the table is better than have a TV infornt of me plus there the old saying if you want something right ...WRITE IT DOWN AND DO IT .....

whats wrong with making a 30$ laptop with all the bare essentials? That is not to play high graphic games, neither is it being used to store movies or pictures.
It is just to watch streaming educational videos and teach computer literacy.
Mind you they are atleast offering all these technologies. And appreciate the effort to get all these technologies to the reach of common man.

Did you know the story of the Model-T?

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

why are we always of the mentality that anything cheap is not good?

honestely 1500 rupees LOOOOOL AHHAHAHAHAAH OMGGGG that like saying here you made less than 5 dollars a day soo why dont you buy some thing that is equal to a week of your payment... would i do that NO beaucse have food on the table is better than have a TV infornt of me plus there the old saying if you want something right ...WRITE IT DOWN AND DO IT .....

well, this laptop is not for High class people Like you, But for very Low class people Like Me and My countrymen Who can Only Afford to make there day with Govt subsidy...... This is not the first time my Country is making laptops..

And whats there to laugh so Much For 1500
10px-Indian_Rupee_symbol.svg.png

could the people laughing abt it please explain what is funny?

the laptop got
-touchscreen
-wifi
-jvm(java virtual machine -it can run a host of java apps ) for educational apps
- 2GB RAM (a decent 2GB ram itself costs much more than 30$ so some manufacturer in India has made a RAM for much lower costs)

it was made for a specific purpose. It looks like the configuration would suit those needs. For anyone wanting a super computer, India has got those too.

its funny how you are protraying that 1500 rupess is soo little and how it is going to help all thoes children but the reality is its not going to do anything why or how.... beacuse thoes kids families dont make an eazy 1500 rupees like our families make get the picture,,,, or you need it much more clearer beaucse i can give you a link of all sorts of pictures that proves my pont on how can this so called affordabel make a difference

whats wrong with making a 30$ laptop with all the bare essentials? That is not to play high graphic games, neither is it being used to store movies or pictures.
It is just to watch streaming educational videos and teach computer literacy.
Mind you they are atleast offering all these technologies. And appreciate the effort to get all these technologies to the reach of common man.

Did you know the story of the Model-T?

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

why are we always of the mentality that anything cheap is not good?
I don't think 'cheap' is the problem here, 'Indian' is. They just want to troll. If it was a $1000 laptop, they'll troll on that calling it too expensive.

Good Initiative by GOI to provide basic facilities to poor Kids... Don't know what haters finding so funny in this? Instead of laughing at others acheivements they should focus on creating one themselves. So all the rich residents of the richest country of the world give us a chance to talk about your own achievements and till then give us a Break..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom