What's new

India unilaterally withdraws troops from disputed Himalayan region, defusing tension with China

Forget about what India media reports or even Chinese media. Let's see what BBC has to say.

They said that India got bitch slapped.
BBC isn't CIA that it knows more than Indian and chini media .
BBC is merely reporting official statements of both countries .

Lol, in your wet dreams ye little chicom!!No matter how you spin it or twist it or turn it, the thing is, your dreams of making that road was just burned into ashes and shoved up your filthy arses with a fuckking jackhammer!!Now, if that's the kind of victory you want, then we will be happy to serve you people with such on daily basis from here on now!!Heck, we might even throw in some hakka noodles now and then if you ask for it> :lol:

Yeah yeah, get back to us when you get the road, sucker!! :D

In your wet dreams, Chicom!! :lol:

Oh, they will withdraw their troops from the Dolam plateau, they have no other choice!!I mean where are they gonna station their troops when they don't have any permanent structures built in that region..............in their tents??!!Unless they wanna freeze their troops to death once the winter sets in, they will withdraw!!It's quite clear from chicom statements as well, because you do not patrol an area where you have a permanent presence but chicom monkeys like you do not have the brain power to figure it out.

Do you even know the meaning of this phrase??!!
Abstain from personal attacks. If you cannot reply with facts and figures (frankly they are against you at the moment). Reported.

The BBC report is about what China claims and not what is truth. All I can say is that China lost its face to its overconfidence.

Not when they continue to patrol the area. If the status quo is June, China was about to construct the road. They will build the road as they already claim victory.

Here is the thing, unless China agree to pull out of the disputed area, they win. They have asserted that they will continue to patrol the area while India is withdrawing. That is the beginning of June status quo.

At end of June, China starts road building.

The agreement today is that China will continue to patrol the area. India will withdraw. You and I know that China will now ensure that India will not be able to renter the area. Therefor, China claim victory.

LOL... shashi tharoor is quoting a Chinese source..

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2017-08/28/content_31229892.htm

how come a khangrassi is neutral source.. Cheerleaders and there ringmasters are just trying left and right for face saving...
kuch log is mauke pe kissi ko b baap banalenge... :-)

Let me ask straight.

Does India Forces withdrew only ? Yes/No
Chinese and Indian Force withdrew Together? Yes/No
Chinese are still patrolling the same area? Yes/No
Does Withdrawal Definition is "leave or cause to leave a place or situation". ? Yes/No

That ain't gonna work either!!No matter how you spin it, it's game-over for PRC in Dokalam, they getting their road, not in this century.Everything is going back to status quo, with no permanent structures getting constructed in or anywhere near that disputed land!! :lol:
Let me ask straight.

Does Withdrawal Definition is "leave or cause to leave a place or situation". ? Yes/No

Not when they continue to patrol the area. If the status quo is June, China was about to construct the road. They will build the road as they already claim victory.

Here is the thing, unless China agree to pull out of the disputed area, they win. They have asserted that they will continue to patrol the area while India is withdrawing. That is the beginning of June status quo.

The agreement today is that China will continue to patrol the area. India will withdraw. You and I know that China will now ensure that India will not be able to renter the area. Therefor, China claim victory.

I guess if China builds the road again, India is going to take bulldozers and destroy them.

Abstain from personal attacks. If you cannot reply with facts and figures (frankly they are against you at the moment). Reported.

They are in frenzy as they got owned, again... I ignore rabid responses like this one. Let them stew in their hate.

Chinese are claiming some kind Pyrrhic victory here.

Where as the facts here are -

1. Indians walked into Chinese territory of their own accord and walked out of their own accord. Despite tons of Chinese warnings.

2. Chinese claimed, there will be no talks before Indian troops withdrew, where as Indian troops only withdrew after the talks were held.

3. No where did Chinese spokes person claim, that road construction continue, where as she did agree to "necessary changes." without elaborating any further.

4. The area will continue to patrolled by Chinese and Bhutanese soldiers, just as it was before the standoff begin.

So where is the victory here for Chinese?

Indian came into your country, squatted there for 2.5 months, stopped your road construction, bulldozed your road and left when they were satisfied and all China could do was two warning a day on daily basis.

Let me ask straight.

Let me ask straight.

Hello straight jelebi ...

What was the stand-off for.. ? India entered the disputed territory between Bhutan and China and Bulldozed the under-construction road ...

Issue - Road construction on disputed territory...
India objected - No construction - Status quo to be maintained ---

Current Status -
is China building the road ? Yes or No.. ?

I don't know why it is such a difficult thing for Indians to understand. Or they understand it very well but twisting it, as usual, to get some face saving. But the reality is that there is no face saving for them in this episode.
India stepped in based on the wrong calculation that world will stand by it. It didn't happen. They went everywhere and got the same reply that don't mess with China, we can't help you in that. So after refusal from all, India bent her knee and opted for a unilateral withdrawal.. as simple as that.
China is there and it will make the road.

I guess if China builds the road again, India is going to take bulldozers and destroy them.

I'm sure China learn their lesson of ensuring the security of their road builder. The only way for India to win is for China to either

1) withdraw troops from the region.

2) Claim they will not build the road.

SinceChina didn't agree to any of these two points, they will build the road. That time, they will stop India from Coming in with sufficient force.

So all mighty super power China went back to the status quo, didn't fire a single bullet even though it claimed it would kill all the Indian soldiers at Doklam, is not building a road and all this happened on India's terms-so yeah this must mean China won the war against dirty poor Indians.
You clowns.

Let me ask straight.

Not clear at the moment.
Not clear at the moment but why would you need to patrol a specific area when you already have a permanent presence in there??Doesn't make any sense, does it??So what does it tell you??
Yes, which again would mean that they won't be staying put there for long.Besides, they don't have any permanent settlements in that particular area of dispute, so realistically, they can't maintain a permanent presence, especially in the wake of upcoming winter season!!
And besides, it was never about patrolling rights in the first place, the dispute was solely due to Chinese unilaterally constructing a road through that area which has now been put to rest and won't be completed ever.

What was the stand-off for.. ? India entered the disputed territory between Bhutan and China and Bulldozed the under-construction road ...

Current Status -

Stand off started bec of road but currently the issue was India was in disputed area. So there was no mentioning of the road. It will come on later stages but for now it was more into holding the territory.

Current Status -

China will have the time and option to build the road. The question now is not if, but what could India do once they resume road building.

Back
Top Bottom