What's new

India unilaterally withdraws troops from disputed Himalayan region, defusing tension with China

What about BBC...Do you consider it neutral or not?
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41070767

China can claim whatever it wants. The news is about Chinese claims.

There is no unilateral withdrawal. Both sides will withdraw, and road will not be built. The only thing China claims that it has the right to patrol Doklam on which India didn't comment. I am not sure about the veracity of that claim.

Lol..
At least read through the article before making a mockery of yourself......

China claims victory over India in Himalayan border row

The foreign ministry in Beijing said it was pleased that "trespassing Indian personnel have all pulled back to the Indian side of the boundary".

I'm ok if you have a comprehension problem.
LOL since we all agree Indian soldiers are gone while Chinese soldiers are still there explain to me why Modi did not claim road building canceled? Is it because he was too humiliated from Pangong Lake skirmish and afraid of thermonuclear decapitation?

There is no unilateral withdrawal. Both sides will withdraw, and road will not be built. The only thing China claims that it has the right to patrol Doklam on which India didn't comment. I am not sure about the veracity of that claim.

Nope, China only claim that it continues with the patrol. Unless BBC is reporting erroneously, or it's a mouth piece of CCP, India just got bitch slapped by China. There is no way for India to spin out of this one.

China claims victory over India in Himalayan border row
_96794415_gettyimages-82077249.jpg

China says India has withdrawn troops from a disputed Himalayan border area, ending a tense stand-off lasting weeks.

The foreign ministry in Beijing said it was pleased that "trespassing Indian personnel have all pulled back to the Indian side of the boundary".

India's foreign ministry confirmed troops were "disengaging" at Doklam after agreement between the countries.

The row began in mid-June when India said it opposed a Chinese attempt to extend a border road on the plateau.

The area is known as Doklam in India and Donglang in China.

The news comes a week before a visit to China by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

The plateau, which lies at a junction between China, the north-eastern Indian state of Sikkim and the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan, is disputed between Beijing and Bhutan. India supports Bhutan's claim over it.

Earlier on Monday China made clear it would "continue its sovereignty rights" in the area.

Foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said Chinese troops had verified on ground that Indian personnel had withdrawn in the morning.

In the weeks since the row broke out in June, both countries increased troop numbers and even engaged in several minor confrontations in the area.

Both countries also called on each other to back down, with China in particular warning of "serious consequences".

Atul Bhardwaj, adjunct fellow at the Institute of Chinese Studies in Delhi, told BBC News that an agreement was the "only alternative" since a confrontation between the two Asian giants "could not have gone on".

He added that the resolution showed "India had initially given primacy to its relationship and commitments to Bhutan" but officials had clearly changed their mind.

"India needs Chinese markets and Chinese investments," he said, adding it would be interesting to see the political fallout of the decision in India, given that Delhi had said it would not back down.

India and China fought a war over the 3,500km (2,174-mile) shared border in 1962, and disputes remain unresolved in several areas, causing tensions to rise from time to time.

@nair
If you guys are happy..... Why not.... We are happy btw....

And you think that Indian pdf members claims are more reliable than the official Chinese stance?

LOL since we all agree Indian soldiers are gone while Chinese soldiers are still there explain to me why Modi did not claim road building canceled? Is it because he was too humiliated from Pangong Lake skirmish and afraid of thermonuclear decapitation?

Thermonuclear... :rofl:.. oooo my my... ringmasters are leaking like cheerleaders... :toast_sign:

Where did XI said he will go ahead and make the road.. ? Stand-off was for road construction.. mighty dragon sealed it's tongue on construction... isn't it ?

I agree with you except nuclear decapitation part. That is not necessary.

And you think that Indian pdf members claims are more reliable than the official Chinese stance?

The most important piece of news is from BBC. It's either BBC become a mouth piece of CCP or India got bitch slapped. I would go with the whacks across the Indian face.

LOL, India just unilaterally withdrawn. Chinese troops are still there. That is the status quo.
Lol, in your wet dreams ye little chicom!!No matter how you spin it or twist it or turn it, the thing is, your dreams of making that road was just burned into ashes and shoved up your filthy arses with a fuckking jackhammer!!Now, if that's the kind of victory you want, then we will be happy to serve you people with such on daily basis from here on now!!Heck, we might even throw in some hakka noodles now and then if you ask for it> :lol:

Or the status quo is that India is again humiliated but its media is putting in another spin.
Yeah yeah, get back to us when you get the road, sucker!! :D
As for the road, it will be build after the summit
In your wet dreams, Chicom!! :lol:
as China does not withdraw troops according to this agreement.
Oh, they will withdraw their troops from the Dolam plateau, they have no other choice!!I mean where are they gonna station their troops when they don't have any permanent structures built in that region..............in their tents??!!Unless they wanna freeze their troops to death once the winter sets in, they will withdraw!!It's quite clear from chicom statements as well, because you do not patrol an area where you have a permanent presence but chicom monkeys like you do not have the brain power to figure it out.

You Indian got owned again.
Do you even know the meaning of this phrase??!!

Nope, China only claim that it continues with the patrol. Unless BBC is reporting erroneously, or it's a mouth piece of CCP, India just got bitch slapped by China. There is no way for India to spin out of this one.

The BBC report is about what China claims and not what is truth. All I can say is that China lost its face to its overconfidence.

China and India agreed to go back to pre June status quo . period .

If you guys are happy..... Why not.... We are happy btw....

Forget about what India media reports or even Chinese media. Let's see what BBC has to say.

They said that India got bitch slapped.

Things have gone back to the way they were before, before Chinese started road constructing .

1. Both Indian and chinese troops have withdrawn from the stand off.
2. Chinese and Bhutanese troops will continue to patrol the area, just as before.
3. China has not resumed building the road.

Back
Top Bottom