What's new

India: Treasure unearthed in Kerala temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please I will never ever take my comments back. I dont give 2 cents if you never heard. Maybe you should expand the list of books you read. You f --ing North Indians never know about the south, only call us dark when in fact many are lighter than you. Tamils conquered nations outside of India, throughout Southeast Asia. I only respect Gurkhas, Marathas, Gurkhas and the Ahom. Rajputs have no loyalty, some of them converted and destroyed their own nation, traitors. Whats so brave of fighting to the death while their women burned themselves. Sound like they were weak and could not prepare to win. We in Kerala, defeated Tipu 3x times but your f -ing books don't record that do they? They only talk of the British beating and killing him in battle. Guess what when the world hears Indian martial art.... KALARI IS WHAT COMES TO MIND ALL OVER THE WORLD>PERIOD. This treasure if for Kerala and our ppl. The rest of you can come and visit. Pay admission, take a look, and contribute to our state economy, then fack to wherever you came from. I only got love for my tamil and Northeast Bros' (and some oters but I digress). The point is this is Kerala. You guys should fought harder and smarter. Too bad you guys were too weak and dumb, you guys never learned to change your tactics and fought in environments that gave advantages to the enemy. Morons.

OMG..WTF? Get to your senses. Hold your horses. Your hatred and ignorance is seeping through. BTW I'm south Indian too.

Please I will never ever take my comments back. I dont give 2 cents if you never heard. Maybe you should expand the list of books you read. You f --ing North Indians never know about the south, only call us dark when in fact many are lighter than you. Tamils conquered nations outside of India, throughout Southeast Asia. I only respect Gurkhas, Marathas, Gurkhas and the Ahom. Rajputs have no loyalty, some of them converted and destroyed their own nation, traitors. Whats so brave of fighting to the death while their women burned themselves. Sound like they were weak and could not prepare to win. We in Kerala, defeated Tipu 3x times but your f -ing books don't record that do they? They only talk of the British beating and killing him in battle. Guess what when the world hears Indian martial art.... KALARI IS WHAT COMES TO MIND ALL OVER THE WORLD>PERIOD. This treasure if for Kerala and our ppl. The rest of you can come and visit. Pay admission, take a look, and contribute to our state economy, then fack to wherever you came from. I only got love for my tamil and Northeast Bros' (and some oters but I digress). The point is this is Kerala. You guys should fought harder and smarter. Too bad you guys were too weak and dumb, you guys never learned to change your tactics and fought in environments that gave advantages to the enemy. Morons.

First of all i am not a north Indian.I am from Karnataka.And i am ware of all the things you just mentioned including Kalari .What i can gather from your post is that you harbor intense anti north Indian feelings inside you .IMO people like you are a big threat to the unity of the Indian nation .I have seen many like you who consider Kerala to be an independent country (I was born and brought up in the ME).In your post you mention that you have respect for Marathas and in the next post you call Gujaratis traitors because they fought for Mughals.Do you know that even Shivaji fought for Aurangzeb against thee Bijapuri sultanate?I suggest you stop taking a high ground here.You mallus are no better than people of any other state.Every one here is equal.

OMG..WTF? Get to your senses. Hold your horses. Your hatred and ignorance is seeping through. BTW I'm south Indian too.

Leave him alone.His hatred blinds him.

who are you to divide us, just care bout yourself and your 51st state Pakistan who desperately need your intervention in their domestic affairs but refrain yourself from commenting on India's domestic affair as we owe nothing to you !!

Hey dont let the flag confuse...Im Indian like Cuppa and Meen Curry....and you owe America much more than your gov't acknowledges.

First of all i am not a north Indian.I am from Karnataka.And i am ware of all the things you just mentioned including Kalari .What i can gather from your post is that you harbor intense anti north Indian feelings inside you .IMO people like you are a big threat to the unity of the Indian nation .I have seen many like you who consider Kerala to be an independent country (I was born and brought up in the ME).In your post you mention that you have respect for Marathas and in the next post you call Gujaratis traitors because they fought for Mughals.Do you know that even Shivaji fought for Aurangzeb against thee Bijapuri sultanate?I suggest you stop taking a high ground here.You mallus are no better than people of any other state.Every one here is equal.

Maybe you should read your posts carefully. You accuse me of harboring ill feeling when...you and other idiots say Hindu this, Hindu that but fail to bind all religions together. So who is the bigger threat? We malus are way better than you Tipu Harem Children will ever acknowledge. We haved lived in relative peace when compared to other kindgoms. Maratha fought another foreign invader. How can you compare that to Gujus who sold their souls and actively worked to enslave their own ppl? So because you lived in ME and talked to some Malus, you think we are better? Well you are damn right. We learned something valuable....its called peaceful coexistence and patriotism. You Kanndigas are to barinwashed by RSS to see the truth and reality. Wake up. The treasure and Kingdom is something that my ancestors fought to protect. Give us our due in history.

There is no hatred or ignorance. Its simple, I don;t like it when everyone and their mothers tells us Malus what to do. Read the other guys posts saying how it belongs to Hindus only, then when somone noted Malu Hindus he agreed stating Hindus only. The Hindus in Kerala were miles ahead any of the other Hindus in India. Sorry but that is a FACT whether you like it or not. Read up on our Swami's and how they worked hard to get rid of caste and encourage education. In Bihar and UP, you still like in the 10th century with feudal lords. WTF?

how the turks , mugals and british missed this ?

hatsoff to the loyalty of the tample trust...

The money does not belong just to Kerala.It belongs to the whole nation .Period.And FYI i have never heard of a hard core mallu warrior.Warriors like Rajputs,Dogras,Gorkhas are known all over the world.So i suggest you take back your comment that rest of India should learn from you guys.

We didn;t record on stone. We also did our best to get along with everyone, something you and your type could learn from us.

We didn;t record on stone. We also did our best to get along with everyone, something you and your type could learn from us.

Chill out bro!!....Its all in the past...we are one now...everybody are equal now...btw i am a mallu settled in banglore.

i m afraid that after this treasure peoples of Indian will try to search every temple for treasure

WoW- who will keep the treasures- The Muslim Hindu Divide is evident in this thread- when it comes to treasure its for hindus only- for show off hindus Muslims are just indians- Equal- gimme a break-

It belongs to the Palace wise man, dont pull in religious plagiarism inside this

Not true.

National assets means something that is benefiting the country in real sense. gold and diamonds kept in temple ? how these can benefit the country ?

Come on Jana, use your gray matter, these are antiques and it belongs to the Palace and the temple, each temple has its history and is associated with a Palace. Unless you know the history and culture can we step aside your assumptions untill then?

There is no hatred or ignorance. Its simple, I don;t like it when everyone and their mothers tells us Malus what to do. Read the other guys posts saying how it belongs to Hindus only, then when somone noted Malu Hindus he agreed stating Hindus only. The Hindus in Kerala were miles ahead any of the other Hindus in India. Sorry but that is a FACT whether you like it or not. Read up on our Swami's and how they worked hard to get rid of caste and encourage education. In Bihar and UP, you still like in the 10th century with feudal lords. WTF?

This guy gone mad. I am a south Indian from North Karnataka staying in Delhi for years. :wave:

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

This said to be world's largest found treasure ever?

:cheesy:

Buddy, its a temple trust. Its their prerogative on how to use this treasure. Obviously they would use the money to help their faithfuls who frequent that temple which is obviously Hindus. Also the temple got that money through donations from Hindus. Now what right does any other faith has on it. Its not state's money to spend it on public welfare. get it.

Subramanium Swamy is actually my professor. He is a Hindu nationalist. Of course he tried to get rid of caste because he thinks that's the evil in Hinduism. He believes that they are not part of vedic tradition. Now if you ask him whether he would like to spend this money on anyone other than Hindus, I am not sure he would be okay.

Fifth vault E opened yesterday. One more Vault B remained.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2159368.ece
Focus on security for temple treasure
G. Mahadevan

The Hindu ADGP Venugopal K. Nair, who is in charge of Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, leaving the temple after an inspection of the premises on Monday. Photo: C. Ratheesh Kumar

Viewed against the tumult of the last seven days when a vast collection of gold, silver, precious stones and priceless jewellery were discovered in the vaults of the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple here, Monday was a quiet day.

On Monday, Vault E — which is regularly opened by the chief priest of the temple — was opened and inventoried. Golden crowns and ornaments used to adorn the main deity were found in it.

The seven-member Supreme Court-appointed committee, which is inventorying the six vaults of the temple, will meet on July 8 to discuss the modalities of opening Vault B, the only one which remains to be opened. Access beyond a point to this vault is blocked by a thick door resembling that of a strong room. A preliminary inspection of the vault on June 29 revealed numerous silver articles.

The vaults are being inventoried following a Supreme Court order based on a petition filed by a former IPS officer and Supreme Court lawyer, T.P. Sundara Rajan.

June 30, 2011 was, quite literally, a ‘golden day' for the temple. On that day, the panel unearthed a vast collection of idols and artefacts studded with precious stones, including diamonds, rubies and emeralds, in a subterranean chamber of vault A. Golden crowns and staffs and hundreds of kilos of vintage coins were also found.

Though it was widely known that the vaults were a treasure trove, the sheer volume and diversity of the invaluable articles brought to light from Vault A were nothing short of astonishing. However, can a price tag be placed on these riches which have been assiduously built up and zealously guarded over centuries by the kings and queens of erstwhile Travancore? The sovereigns of Travancore ruled their kingdom as ‘Padmanabhadasas,' the servants of the presiding deity.

The media has been awash with reports that the riches of the articles amount to thousands of crores of rupees. However, the Supreme Court panel is only counting and weighing the treasure. Their value, including antique value, is not being assessed. In fact, Mr. Rajan has made a written submission to the committee that without an assessment of the value of the contents, the inventory would not be complete and proper.

Some of the objects found — the idol of Mahavishnu made of gold and studded with ‘navaratnas', for instance — are deemed to be invaluable by a representative of the Department of Archaeology who is a panel member. So, any ‘value' assigned to any article would only be a guesstimate for now. Also, there are those who argue that the ‘value' of religious artefacts would be much more than just the value of the gold they are made of.

Another important aspect is that the temple has suddenly become a “security concern.” The Kerala government has drawn up a special security plan which includes the deployment of armed policemen and round-the-clock mobile police patrolling. Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Sunday reviewed the security arrangements with top police officials.

The Supreme Court has ordered that the contents of vaults A and B should be inventoried and placed back.

Considerable anxiety has arisen, mainly among the devotees, regarding the future of these riches. A dominant opinion appears to be that these should be preserved and protected for posterity. The final word on this may well come from the Supreme Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom