What's new

India: Treasure unearthed in Kerala temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its sad that there are plenty like you
who sees ancient relics in monetary terms.
If there are politicians thinking back similarly
then by now the treasure is gone. !

I think you misunderstood me.

I was only talking about accounting the wealth not selling it. This way it could be recorded and preserved. The same is happening in this temple under the observation of Supreme court . This could be done to all temples across India so that it could be preserved properly. Otherwise nobody will know what was there and what has been lost. It has been done across Europe and it is good practice. No point in hiding it.

I only want a proper record should be kept for all historical artifacts including temple treasures. Thankfully the same is being in this case.

this is for hindus...

Its for the people of Kerala. I hate how all you other mofos want to claim Kerala's treasure. Our people and Kings were great and powerful. Don;t ever forget that. They accepted all people of different religions to live in peace amongst them. That's why foreigners could not defeat us till the Brits. The people regardless of religion or caste loved their Kings to the point, they would sacrifice their lives.

No maaaan it should not be used so.

They are the culture man, they are religions.

One poster said if Egypt sells everything in the Pyramids it will be the richest nation, but it not sells. Why ? They are history, culture.

These are our history maan, they must not be selled.

Also Govt not uses Mosque property or church property or gurudwara property .....why only Hindu property ?

Get lost man..We are no more the 9th or 10 th century divided Hindus.We will fight against it unitedly.

You took my words by letters. What I said the money held by religious organisations can be well utilised to build up the country. If it is not utilised then why bother if it is there or not. You dont need to sell those items in market. You can very well keep them in a safe vault and issue bonds backed by those treasures. The fund raised such way can be used for improving a infrastructure which in turns provide lot of employment of poors.

There must not be discrimination among Mosque property, Church Property, Temple property etc. There shoul be guide lines how much asset an religious organisation can maintain for smooth running and the charity works it does...rest should go to government.

These wealth were given as offerings to temples....

Yes...May be...because the priests used to make people beleive that God is a crazy kid...if not satisfied with valuable gifts they cant imagine what is awaiting for them........This not only instaces of Hindus, but all religions are affected by this habit....

I wonder if this was stashed away treasure to hide it from the Europeans.

I mean $11 Billion back then was SOOOOO much more then it is today. Shows how rich India was, and Travancore(Kerala) is very small state.

Sorry, Christians, Muslims, etc in Kerala have more of a claim/bragging rights to this then you.[/QUOTE

Travancore may be small but the wealth it accumalted was big due to its trade ties with the rest of the world.

the story you read long ago....was WRONG.

As if you know every pages of history.... Dont forget that Mahmood was guided across the Thar desert to Somnath and he did it 17 times... God knows why they did not learn their lesson from the first attack.

devaswom property belongs to Hindu community ..other communities got no right over it

Get out of here with your BS......money grubbers...I would give to my fellow Malu Christians and Muslims then you other Hindus and such from other states. Bloody bugger...it belongs to the people of Kerala who sacrificed their lives in battles to protect our kingdoms. We don;t run away in the face of war, we march into it prepared to kill as many enemies as we can. The rest of India should learn from us

of course to Kerala Hindus only.:);)

See..you just exposed yourself...A right wing Hindu nutjob......great as if we didn;t need more things to divide India.....You and your type got Gandhi killed....

Get out of here with your BS......money grubbers...I would give to my fellow Malu Christians and Muslims then you other Hindus and such from other states. Bloody bugger...it belongs to the people of Kerala who sacrificed their lives in battles to protect our kingdoms. We don;t run away in the face of war, we march into it prepared to kill as many enemies as we can. The rest of India should learn from us

The money does not belong just to Kerala.It belongs to the whole nation .Period.And FYI i have never heard of a hard core mallu warrior.Warriors like Rajputs,Dogras,Gorkhas are known all over the world.So i suggest you take back your comment that rest of India should learn from you guys.

History tells us that stories of such wealth in temples had attracted invaders/raiders from across the Sulaiman/Hindu Kush ranges. The raids automatically resulted in destruction of the temples - which probably was not the core intention.

^^^^ $ 25 billion!!!!

:smitten:

Govt should search all these historical places specially thousands of old temples. :cheesy: All those folklore and stories that India was the richest in old times is so true.

Dude, who said it wasn;t? Its the Western Media that portrays India in the poorest light. I hope they put the treasure in a high security museum. It will show the world what we were made of and our former glory. Its unbelieveable, it shows how rich the Muslim invaders and British got and why they were so interested in our wealth. Those North Indian temples must made this finding look small, sadly if it existed today. Sad, because even today we kiss the British kundee. Ever notice every now and then, Sotheby's or Christie's auctions India jewels and art. I'm pretty sure they got these pieces from folks who had relatives involved in the occupation and theft of India. Just imagine how much of India's wealth contributed to the wealth of various nations including Britain and Iran, who both have spectacular royal jewelry.

Treasure will be kept in Temple only.

The money does not belong just to Kerala.It belongs to the whole nation .Period.And FYI i have never heard of a hard core mallu warrior.Warriors like Rajputs,Dogras,Gorkhas are known all over the world.So i suggest you take back your comment that rest of India should learn from you guys.

Please I will never ever take my comments back. I dont give 2 cents if you never heard. Maybe you should expand the list of books you read. You f --ing North Indians never know about the south, only call us dark when in fact many are lighter than you. Tamils conquered nations outside of India, throughout Southeast Asia. I only respect Gurkhas, Marathas, Gurkhas and the Ahom. Rajputs have no loyalty, some of them converted and destroyed their own nation, traitors. Whats so brave of fighting to the death while their women burned themselves. Sound like they were weak and could not prepare to win. We in Kerala, defeated Tipu 3x times but your f -ing books don't record that do they? They only talk of the British beating and killing him in battle. Guess what when the world hears Indian martial art.... KALARI IS WHAT COMES TO MIND ALL OVER THE WORLD>PERIOD. This treasure if for Kerala and our ppl. The rest of you can come and visit. Pay admission, take a look, and contribute to our state economy, then fack to wherever you came from. I only got love for my tamil and Northeast Bros' (and some oters but I digress). The point is this is Kerala. You guys should fought harder and smarter. Too bad you guys were too weak and dumb, you guys never learned to change your tactics and fought in environments that gave advantages to the enemy. Morons.

As if you know every pages of history.... Dont forget that Mahmood was guided across the Thar desert to Somnath and he did it 17 times... God knows why they did not learn their lesson from the first attack.

Simple, they were guju. They cant fight much, just good at cut throat business practices. They'll sell their family to make a buck. Remember,during the Mughals, some of these scumbags worked for the invaders. What a disgrace and shame....

See..you just exposed yourself...A right wing Hindu nutjob......great as if we didn;t need more things to divide India.....You and your type got Gandhi killed....

who are you to divide us, just care bout yourself and your 51st state Pakistan who desperately need your intervention in their domestic affairs but refrain yourself from commenting on India's domestic affair as we owe nothing to you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom