What's new

India train fire 'kills 23' in Andhra Pradesh state

telugodu

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
At least 23 people, including two children, have died after a fire broke out on a train in southern India, media reports say.

The blaze engulfed a carriage of the Nanded-Bangalore Express while it was travelling through Andhra Pradesh state, rail officials said.

Police said many of the dead had been suffocated by thick black smoke filling the train.

The reason for the fire, which has been extinguished, is not yet known.

More than 60 passengers are thought to have been on board the train when the fire broke out in an air-conditioned carriage around 03:30 local time (22:00 GMT).

Officials said rescue operations were being hampered by thick fog and smog.

The exact number of injured and missing people remains uncertain.

Accidents are common on India's immense state-owned rail network, which operates 9,000 passenger trains and carries some 18 million passengers every day, connecting every corner of the country.

Last year, 47 people were killed in a fire on a passenger train travelling in Andhra Pradesh.

_71976852_india_andhra_3101.cmp.gif

BBC News - India train fire 'kills 23' in Andhra Pradesh state

RIP. These short circuit fires are becoming common in Indian trains. Merhods should be evolved to avoid these kinda accidents.

ACs are becoming more dangerous than sleepers :undecided:

RIP to the dead .

Railways was surely improving but lately there are many mishaps like these .

At least 23 people, including two children, have died after a fire broke out on a train in southern India, media reports say.

The blaze engulfed a carriage of the Nanded-Bangalore Express while it was travelling through Andhra Pradesh state, rail officials said.

Police said many of the dead had been suffocated by thick black smoke filling the train.

The reason for the fire, which has been extinguished, is not yet known.

More than 60 passengers are thought to have been on board the train when the fire broke out in an air-conditioned carriage around 03:30 local time (22:00 GMT).

Officials said rescue operations were being hampered by thick fog and smog.

The exact number of injured and missing people remains uncertain.

Accidents are common on India's immense state-owned rail network, which operates 9,000 passenger trains and carries some 18 million passengers every day, connecting every corner of the country.

Last year, 47 people were killed in a fire on a passenger train travelling in Andhra Pradesh.

_71976852_india_andhra_3101.cmp.gif

BBC News - India train fire 'kills 23' in Andhra Pradesh state

Trains have become death traps without emergency exits like we see in luxury buses.

Why don't they make trains more safe??

Trains have become death traps without emergency exits like we see in luxury buses.

Why don't they make trains more safe??

Who says train does not have emergency exit but problem is that fires ablaze on running train & its stop after 4 minute of chain pulling. Presence of mind of Train driver saves many life who immediately unlock remaining coaches from burning one.

R.I.P. My deepest condolences to the families.

Who says train does not have emergency exit but problem is that fires ablaze on running train & its stop after 4 minute of chain pulling. Presence of mind of Train driver saves many life who immediately unlock remaining coaches from burning one.

I read the news item that people tried to escape from the main door and it got jammed. Lot of dead bodies were seen near the door. Also why don't they provide fire hydrants in the trains to extinguish the fires? They should change all the old electrical wiring in trains to meet current safety standards.

Why don't they use nonflammable material inside trains?? How about smoke detectors??

In my opinion railways don't do all the measures to prevent fires and we keep seeing these kind of incidents again and again.

If you start firing officials for every death that occurs on trains for their negligence then trust me you see lot of improvement overnight.

I read the news item that people tried to escape from the main door and it got jammed. Lot of dead bodies were seen near the door. Also why don't they provide fire hydrants in the trains to extinguish the fires? They should change all the old electrical wiring in trains to meet current safety standards.

Why don't they use nonflammable material inside trains?? How about smoke detectors??

In my opinion railways don't do all the measures to prevent fires and we keep seeing these kind of incidents again and again.

If you start firing officials for every death that occurs on trains for their negligence then trust me you see lot of improvement overnight.

Where did you read that ?
Some people jump from running train but injured. There are 72 passengers in coach if door jammed then how many people could survived but I am agree with you that Railway should seriously take concern of fire due to short circuit.

Back
Top Bottom