What's new

India to wrap up MMRCA deal in four weeks: IAF Chief

I Dont Think that it is Possible to receive fighters in 2013
You can Blame it on Antony
Had we opened the commercial Bids in April , after announcing the shortlist , then we probably would have received 6-8 Fighters in 2013
However as it stands today , If Rafale wins then we will start getting Fighters in 2014 and First sqd with 18 fighters will be operational in 2015
However if EF wins then we will have to wait till 2015 to receive first Batch coz Euro-fighter T3B that we have been offered would hit production in 2015 , and we will only get IT IN 2015 if other Partner nations allow us to receive EF T3B before them

The comercial bis expired in april, because of delays in the trials, that's why they had to be re-issued/extended till december again.

EF partners don't by T3Bs with AESA radar, they just buy lightly upgraded T3As and will upgrade them with AESA radar during the MLU. They want to sell us their initial T3B orders, that's why they was able to reduce the costs for EF, because they offered their own orders even with a loss, which is still better than paying the penality for cancelling them.

"""By getting the United Arab Emirates to accept a counter offer of the Typhoon aircraft in a bid to purchase 60 fighter jets, the Eurofighter consortium has checkmated Dassault which was thought to be close to selling $10 billion worth Rafale jets to the UAE.

The announcement that the UAE, which is in the final stages of talks with France on the sale of Rafale fighter jets, has invited Eurofighter to make a counter offer, was made by the Eurofighter consortium on Sunday at the Dubai Air Show 2011. The consortium said that the UAE had asked Britain, which leads the Eurofighter sales campaign, to provide it with information about the aircraft capacity, and that a briefing took place on October 17.

"We have subsequently received a request for proposal for the potential supply of Typhoon," Eurofighter said of its fighter jet in a statement, without revealing any details about the deadline for submitting the proposal or for how many aircraft.

French Defence Minister Gerard Longuet had said last month that Dassault was in the final stages of negotiations on the UAE purchasing Rafale fighter jets. Part of the negotiations between Dassault and the UAE involve taking back the Mirage 2000 fighters currently with the UAE Air Force.

The Rafale and the Typhoon were recently involved in combat action over Libya, flown respectively by the French air force and navy and the British Royal Air Force with the former having flown a greater number of combat sorties.

They are among the most prominent attractions at the Dubai Air Show here."""

please any senior member tell me why the price tag is different for UAE and INDIA , as India is going to buy 120+ fighters worth 10Billion$ while UAE will receive 60 only paying the same $$$? and even India will get TOT as well .

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

please any senior member tell me why the price tag is different for UAE and INDIA , as India is going to buy 120+ fighters worth 10Billion$ while UAE will receive 60 only paying the same $$$? and even India will get TOT as well .

another funny thread by indian members...
second MMRCA thread today.

- lower numbers of fighters means higher unit costs
- includes "estimated" costs for further upgrades/customisations the UAE wants
- produced fully in France, with higher production costs per unit
- India is likely to pay more than $10 billions

"""By getting the United Arab Emirates to accept a counter offer of the Typhoon aircraft in a bid to purchase 60 fighter jets, the Eurofighter consortium has checkmated Dassault which was thought to be close to selling $10 billion worth Rafale jets to the UAE.

The announcement that the UAE, which is in the final stages of talks with France on the sale of Rafale fighter jets, has invited Eurofighter to make a counter offer, was made by the Eurofighter consortium on Sunday at the Dubai Air Show 2011. The consortium said that the UAE had asked Britain, which leads the Eurofighter sales campaign, to provide it with information about the aircraft capacity, and that a briefing took place on October 17.

"We have subsequently received a request for proposal for the potential supply of Typhoon," Eurofighter said of its fighter jet in a statement, without revealing any details about the deadline for submitting the proposal or for how many aircraft.

French Defence Minister Gerard Longuet had said last month that Dassault was in the final stages of negotiations on the UAE purchasing Rafale fighter jets. Part of the negotiations between Dassault and the UAE involve taking back the Mirage 2000 fighters currently with the UAE Air Force.

The Rafale and the Typhoon were recently involved in combat action over Libya, flown respectively by the French air force and navy and the British Royal Air Force with the former having flown a greater number of combat sorties.

They are among the most prominent attractions at the Dubai Air Show here."""

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

we will produce them here in HAL through TOT and the deal wont be 10bn$ by a long shot.

[/COLOR]please any senior member tell me why the price tag is different for UAE and INDIA , as India is going to buy 120+ fighters worth 10Billion$ while UAE will receive 60 only paying the same $$$? and even India will get TOT as well .

I don't think its correct 10Billion$ is media figure it will go around 18-20Billion$ excluding weapons cost of around 2-3Billion$.

India's MMRCA may cost double the original budget

The contract to supply the Indian Air Force (IAF) with its new Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) may cost double the planned budget, industry...
18-Nov-2011

India's MMRCA may cost double the original budget

The contract to supply the Indian Air Force (IAF) with its new Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) may cost double the planned budget, industry...
18-Nov-2011

link kahan hai bhai ?

i think Anthony sir want to declare this on 31st december as happy new year gift to the nation ;)

i hope its rafael or my new year is going to a bit dull.. just love that bird :cheers:

antony phone bhi nahi utha raha hai.......hehe looks like he is still busy with paper works..

Back
Top Bottom