What's new

India to test tactical ballistic missile Prahaar between 14 to 17 June

Almost every news from your side somehow carries the name Nasr. Its our missile so ofcourse we would time and again mention it where required but the way India has given Nasr so much of importance, shows it had worried people out there.

Name any govt official talking about nasr and all. I can see even your NSA is always talking about nuke and nuke. Its like our hydrogen bombs will not be delivered in return!

INDIA MISSILE CHART
Below is a list of India’s major missile systems either in operation or under development.(a)
Last Updated on June 1, 2016

Name Type Range
Stages/Fuel

Payload Capacity Last Reported Test Inducted?
Nuclear-Capable

Prithvi-I Ballistic 150 km Single/Liquid 800 kg* May 2007 Y(b) Y
Prithvi-II Ballistic 350 km Single/Liquid 500-1,000 kg May 2016* Y Y
Dhanush Ballistic 350 km Single/Liquid 500 kg April 2015* Y* Y
Agni-I Ballistic 700 km Single/Solid* 1,000 kg* March 2016* Y Y*
Agni-II Ballistic 2,000 km Two/Solid 1 ton November 2014 Y Y
Agni-III Ballistic 3,500 km Two/Solid 1.5 tons April 2015* Y Y*
Agni-IV Ballistic 4,000 km Two/Solid 1,000 kg* November 2015 Y* Y
Agni-V Ballistic +5,000 km Three/Solid 1,000 kg* February 2015 N Y
Prahaar Ballistic 150 km Single/Solid 200 kg July 2011 N* N*
Pragati Ballistic* 60 km - 170 km* Single/Solid* 200 kg Not Tested N* N*
K-15 (aka B0-5) SLBM(c) 750 km* Two/Solid* 1,000 kg* January 2013 N Y*
K-4 SLBM* 3,500 km* Two/Solid* Unknown March 2016(d)* N* Y*
BrahMos Cruise 290 km Two/Solid and Liquid(e) 200-300 kg May 2016
(f)N-I: Y

B-I: Y

B-II: Y

B-III: Y*

ALCM: Y

SLCM: N*

N
Nirbhay Cruise 1,000 km Two/solid and liquid(g) 450 kg* October 2015(h) N* Y*
a. Due to the secrecy surrounding missile programs, not all the information in this chart is available from official open sources. Some data come from reliable secondary sources. These data are indicated by an asterisk(*).
b. The Prithvi-I will reportedly be withdrawn from service and upgraded.
c. Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile.
d. The K-4 was reportedly tested twice in March 2016. The first test was on March 7, and the second on March 31. The March 31 test was the first conducted from the INS Arihant ballistic missile submarine (SSBN).
e. The boost phase is solid-fueled while the cruise phase is powered by a liquid ramjet engine.
f. The BrahMos is deployed on multiple platforms. Each deployment has its own designation. N-I refers to deployments on surface naval vessels. Blocks (B) I-III refer to deployments with the Indian Army. ALCM refers to Air-Launched Cruise Missiles and SLCM refers to Submarine-Launched Cruise Missiles.
g. The boost phase is solid-fueled while the cruise phase is powered by a liquid turbofan engine.
h. This test was not successful.

http://www.wisconsinproject.org/countries/india/IndiaMissileChart.htm

Name any govt official talking about nasr and all. I can see even your NSA is always talking about nuke and nuke. Its like our hydrogen bombs will not be delivered in return!
Thing is there NSA or for that matter any other govt offical is clue less about startegy and politics and keep on threattning india with so called "jaouhray salahiat" so there incompetence and corruption dosent lets the youth revolt against them but i guess its more of a ignorance problem than anything else cause there youth also buys it ....

why ? cause they have no hope or say ambition other than to take kashmir at any cost and teach hindu india a lesson and full faith in so called "Gazwa tull hind" even when they themselfs know it will be all over for them but then as they saying goes "ek musalaman ek gair musalaman ki kuwwat ko kaise tasleem ker sakta hai" :coffee:

Come on man. The whole BJP election campaign roamed around anti Pakistani sentiments and U are asking me that why our NSA etc are quoting Nasr? What else do U expect that NSA shud say other than matters related to National Security? Nonetheless i was pointing towards news published in Indian media.

Come on man. The whole BJP election campaign roamed around anti Pakistani sentiments and U are asking me that why our NSA etc are quoting Nasr? What else do U expect that NSA shud say other than matters related to National Security? Nonetheless i was pointing towards news published in Indian media.

All this anti-Pakistan rhetoric started only after the elections to garner support from the Hindutva circles in the villages and illiterate parts. No one in India gives a shyte about the foreign policy and all. What we vote for is bijili, sadak paani and freebies. As simple as that. No one even cares what the government thinks about Pakistan except for the people here in PDF and other forums.

thats what is told by your security establishment and its media stooges to you NaMo was elected for his "gujrat model of development and corruption free minnimum goverment maximum governence " as indian publik was fed up with daily corruption scams and deteriating law and order situstaion deu to misgovernnce of so called "champions of sekularism"

as for he saying what i did in gyjrat i will do with pakistan was just one interview before elections you can go thru all his speeches which he maid during his election campain

now as for for owr media barring Zee news and india news network almost all so called "sekular liberal/leftist/communist idiolog and congress party-ghandi family owned corporate media houses/traders " are strictly against RSS , BJP and NaMo cause we can see for owrselfs that from the day NaMo came to power he stopped all the free perks , travel incentives , 5 star hotel stay and other freebies to these media houses

despite that congress in its 2008 menifesto had a clause that they will put NaMo behind bars in a year if they are elected again but why count they put NaMo behind bars even after 12 years of constant media triad against him and more than a dozen CBI+JPC and other independent probes by serving and retired high court and supreme court judges ?

well the biggest problem with pakistanies and even so called sikular liberals is that they dont want to aknoledge the hard truth and junk the balant lies told to them even when they know they are and were wrong all the time

Almost every news from your side somehow carries the name Nasr. Its our missile so ofcourse we would time and again mention it where required but the way India has given Nasr so much of importance, shows it had worried people out there.
Nope! Instead Pakistan has given Cold Start so much of importance, that it has a lot of people worried out there!! :D

More Details About ‘Prahaar’

EXTRA.jpg

EXTRA-1.jpg

Further details are now emerging about the solid-fuelled ‘Prahaar’ surface-to-surface battlefield support missile, which is destined to replace about 350-odd existing Prithvi SS-150 liquid-fuelled battlefield interdiction missiles that are now nearing the end of their service lives. The ‘Prahaar’ will reportedly come packed in a six-unit pod configuration on board a high-mobility BEML-TATRA wheeled vehicle housing both a SATCOM-equipped command-and-control shelter as well as a transporter-erector-launcher mechanism designed by Larsen & Toubro. The ‘Prahaar’ follows a relatively simple three-element design, comprising a warhead in the fore section, propulsion unit, including the solid-fuel rocket motor with a nozzle. The nozzle is encircled by the navigation, flight control and guidance unit, which includes the integrated avionic guidance and flight control section, cruciform tail control surfaces, actuators, related antennas and connectors. The ‘Prahaar’ can be launched within few minutes, from unprepared positions. In fact, any target whose location is known within the range of the missile can be attacked within less than 10 minutes from the launch decision. Each ‘Prahaar’ will be housed within a disposable sealed cannister providing a 10-year service-life and very low maintenance costs.

The EXTRA projectile, which has served as inspiration for the Prahaar, has a range of 150km and carries a 125kg (275lb) warhead. Launch weight is about 430kg (990lb), and CEP is well within 10 metres. Equipped with a fibre-optic gyro-based inertial navigation system combined with a GPS receiver, the EXTRA uses an aft section fitted with stabilising fins and a solid-rocket motor. The warhead section is built as a modular compartment, designed to carry various types of sub-munitions or a unitary warhead. For example, it will be able to carry up to 400 AT/AP bomblets, scatterable mines, anti-runway munitions and similar loads. The fin-mounted control section will store the guidance and control avionics, driving four flight control surfaces for trajectory shaping.

The Prahaar's payload compartment is being developed by the DRDO in cooperation with Israel Aircraft Industries’ (IAI) MLM Systems Integration Division and Israel Military Industries’ (IMI) Rocket Systems Division as a modular kit. By adjusting the ballistic trajectory of the missile to compensate for wind drift and other meteorological effects the EXTRA’s flight control system is claimed to have improved the accuracy of the missile by 4 times the average accuracy of existing unguided MBRL-launched rockets. The EXTRA’s sub-munitions are 30cm in diameter and 3.97 metres (13 feet) in length.

http://trishul-trident.blogspot.in/2011/07/more-details-emerge-about-prahaar.html

CIMG2863.JPG

First unveilled early last year in scale-model form at the booth of Larsen & Toubro during DEFEXPO 2010, the ‘Prahaar’ will be a road-mobile NLOS weapon—similar to the BrahMos supersonic multi-role cruise missile—with each motorised transporter-erector-launcher (TEL) carrying six cannisterised, vertically-launched missiles armed with conventional warheads. A separate wheeled vehicle is being developed to act as a missile resupply station, carrying six cannistered missile rounds.

No mate u are wrong. The mention of Pakistan was limited only to the later phases of the campaign and that too in the eastern parts of the country most probably in Bihar. The rest of it had connotations to India's security apprehensions both on the Eastern and Western front which I guess every political party in the workd does and is rightfully a duty of the political class to keep the people updated on security dynamics. Even Donald Trump mentioned Pak during his speech that doesn't mean the American polpularion obsess over Pakistan. China was mentioned on mire occasions.

Pragati would be one of the most popular BM on marker due to its depressed trajectory characteristics.

Also this missile (and prahar) could also be coverted into SLBM with ease (MTCR restriction are only regarding range and speed) as they are derived from K-15. (Prahaar is practically a land version of K-15 with some reduced range).
It's absolutely not,
K-15 sagarika is a new breed of rocket motor system, it's land variant is Shaurya.

Nope! Instead Pakistan has given Cold Start so much of importance, that it has a lot of people worried out there!! :D

How cud we turn a blind eye to what was meant to subdue us and as we didnt ignore it thats why we got Nasr :)

There was plan to develop
Pinaka short range ballistic version any news about that

http://idrw.org/after-pinaka-mk-ii-next-is-pinaka-short-range-ballistic-missile-drdo/

I dont think there is a pinaka short range ballistic missile. There is a Pinaka 2, with larger rocket with longer range. And regular Pinaka with precision guided rockets.

Do we have any plan to devolop iskander type missile? In my opinion army lacks a missile between brahmos and shourya.

Dont think so.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom