What's new

India to test fire sub-sonic cruise missile Nirbhay next year

correct me if i am wrong ,

prahaar is a modified AAD missile, which was tested from AAD test launcher.

above ^^^ pic launcher may be the model of intended launcher for prahaar.

since nirbhay dimension (6m*0.52m) is smaller than bhramos (8.4m * 0.6m) , my guess is it will be like bhramos canistered launcher .which should be better for this STEALTH missile..than open one.

btw prahaar dimension is 7.3m * 0.42m
pakistan babur dimension 6.25* 0.52m

Sorry if its off topic, while searching Nirbhay in wiki, i read BrahMos II will a hypersonic cruise missile i had no idea about BrahMos II. Anyway it will be fastest in world and almost impossible for any radar to catch.

I think Israel should buy few dozens, its will be very handy for Israel plus 300 km range is enough for Israel.
But there are 2 questions:
1) Israel may have something close to it with US help, any idea?
2) Will India and Russia sale it to Israel as technology might go to US?

After Agni2P, Agni5 on line then Nirbhay. DRDO is really working hard now a days
At this rate there would be more types of missiles than jawans in the entire 1.2 million strong Army!! WTF is going on? Are we producing different types of missiles for one-up-man-ship or do they conform to any military doctrine?
:undecided:

Sorry if its off topic, while searching Nirbhay in wiki, i read BrahMos II will a hypersonic cruise missile i had no idea about BrahMos II. Anyway it will be fastest in world and almost impossible for any radar to catch.

I think Israel should buy few dozens, its will be very handy for Israel plus 300 km range is enough for Israel.

india wont have any problem,, since india itself is lookiing for high tech items from israel and US.
But it will be Russia s approval that is ?..

At this rate there would be more types of missiles than jawans in the entire 1.2 million strong Army!! WTF is going on? Are we producing different types of missiles for one-up-man-ship or do they conform to any military doctrine?

Well as you see missiles are of cruise and ballistic missiles. where ballistic missiles are the hi-end and cruise missiles are the lo end. Just like the German v-1 rocket and the Buzzbombs during 1940s. Now we have Bhramos which is the costlier hi-tech cruise missile, shaurya is the intermediate missile and Nirbhay will be like what the Tomahawk missile of US. Multiple platform launched long range, terrain hugging cruise missile.

All these missile are needed for Indian security. I dnt thing any how its wrong

I don't think Israel should buy Brhmos2 REASON-its damn expensive and most of your enemies don't have such a capable air defense platforms so why waste money??
But if Israel wants to go for it I think both India and Russia will agree as India(no prob at all) and Russia well their defence market is not in such a great shape and their companies are in search of some buyers secondly if Israel gets a potent platform like Brahmos then countries like Iran will be the first one to run to Russia in need of some SAMs.

I would first like to know which engine will go onboard the Nirbhay.Is it the miniaturised Kaveri turbofan shown on LIVEFIST or the NPO 36Kt turbojet reported by FORCE.Because if the 2nd one is correct,then we can say bye bye to the idea of Nirbhay being a cruise missile due to Russia's commitment to the MTCR.
By the way,I desperately hope that the LIVEFIST being correct this time.

jackhammer2, Well said mate.

correct me if i am wrong ,

prahaar is a modified AAD missile, which was tested from AAD test launcher.

above ^^^ pic launcher may be the model of intended launcher for prahaar.

since nirbhay dimension (6m*0.52m) is smaller than bhramos (8.4m * 0.6m) , my guess is it will be like bhramos canistered launcher .which should be better for this STEALTH missile..than open one.

btw prahaar dimension is 7.3m * 0.42m
pakistan babur dimension 6.25* 0.52m

This is not prahaar launcher beceause paraah's TEL will have 6 missiles while it has 4. the launcher in the pic has canisters.

All the missiles are of new types and different requirements. Tell me one where India is repeating the same type/capability.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I would first like to know which engine will go onboard the Nirbhay.Is it the miniaturised Kaveri turbofan shown on LIVEFIST or the NPO 36Kt turbojet reported by FORCE.Because if the 2nd one is correct,then we can say bye bye to the idea of Nirbhay being a cruise missile due to Russia's commitment to the MTCR.
By the way,I desperately hope that the LIVEFIST being correct this time.

It could be the Laghu Shakti engine as you said. Or may be another new one. Lets forget idiot gupta.

Man I am seriously seriously praying that this shouldn't have any delays. Come on! 1 Project?! Is that too much to ask? I really pray that Nirbhay comes in the right time. We badly need at least 2-3,000 of these cruise missiles at the minimum for both land and sea versions. We should be able to arm the Scorpenes and the follow-on indigenous attack submarines that follow it as well as the Shivalik class frigates. I know they might be better having change of integrating BrahMos-II with it, but let's face it; BrahMos-II would be killer expensive with its hypersonic speed. We cannot afford countless unlike Nirbhay's case.

As for cruise missiles on land, we need them here in NE more than ever. I hope the stupid MOD babus don't first set it up for Pakistani border. That place doesn't even need an additional missile blanket: Prahaar, Prithvi, Dhanush (sea), Shaurya.. how many more are they planning to load to Pakistan side? We need tonnes of missiles here in NE-- oh and of course, the will to use it as well.

jackhammer2, Well said mate.

This is not prahaar launcher beceause paraah's TEL will have 6 missiles while it has 4. the launcher in the pic has canisters.

All the missiles are of new types and different requirements. Tell me one where India is repeating the same type/capability.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

It could be the Laghu Shakti engine as you said. Or may be another new one. Lets forget idiot gupta.

As I said,I desperately hope so buddy.I just don't want any f*c* up at this point of time.

I don't think Israel should buy Brhmos2 REASON-its damn expensive and most of your enemies don't have such a capable air defense platforms so why waste money??
But if Israel wants to go for it I think both India and Russia will agree as India(no prob at all) and Russia well their defence market is not in such a great shape and their companies are in search of some buyers secondly if Israel gets a potent platform like Brahmos then countries like Iran will be the first one to run to Russia in need of some SAMs.

I think the US should one of this missile to study it.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Even though the ESSM is more than capable of handling brahmos though.

Man I am seriously seriously praying that this shouldn't have any delays. Come on! 1 Project?! Is that too much to ask? I really pray that Nirbhay comes in the right time. We badly need at least 2-3,000 of these cruise missiles at the minimum for both land and sea versions. We should be able to arm the Scorpenes and the follow-on indigenous attack submarines that follow it as well as the Shivalik class frigates. I know they might be better having change of integrating BrahMos-II with it, but let's face it; BrahMos-II would be killer expensive with its hypersonic speed. We cannot afford countless unlike Nirbhay's case.

As for cruise missiles on land, we need them here in NE more than ever. I hope the stupid MOD babus don't first set it up for Pakistani border. That place doesn't even need an additional missile blanket: Prahaar, Prithvi, Dhanush (sea), Shaurya.. how many more are they planning to load to Pakistan side? We need tonnes of missiles here in NE-- oh and of course, the will to use it as well.

Well,I don't think any subsonic cruise missile like the Nirbhay will be of much help against an oponent like PRC with thick blanket of SAMs like HQ 9/S 300 PMU1s and HQ 16s.Instead,for PRC conventionally armed Shaurya hypersonic cruise missiles should be procured in larger numbers(like 600-800 under IA missile groups) to break through the SAM blanket.The Nirbhay on the other hand will fair much better on the western front.Just a thought.
By the way,as per recent reports,IA has placed over 2 billion $ worth of order for Brahmos blk2/3.Man........they are satisfied indeed!!How many are they planning to induct??!!

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Even though the ESSM is more than capable of handling brahmos though.

How did you come to this conclution mate??Did the USN tested the ESSM against something like the Bazalt or Yakhont??Can you show us some test data??If yes then bring it on otherwise,all your claims will be called pure BS.

Back
Top Bottom