What's new

India to Supply Bangladesh Railways with 120 LHB Coaches in Indian Railways' Biggest Export Order

BD purchases Bicycle parts from India. So calm down. You are talking as if your is a highly developed country.
We have manufacturing and repair factory for rail body it's not a big deal

so whats the point Bangladesh further proving to be an indian vessel.
that is uncalled for Umair bhai.
Technically world over standard gauge is used and SAARC countries are a handful of nations using Broad gauge. India has pretty big manufacturing base as far as rolling stock is concerned and for countries like Bangladesh and Sri lanka that have relatively smaller Rail networks, it is really cost effective to import from India. India can also help in establishing Coach maintenance depots and loco sheds along with training in operation and maintenance.
this model has worked in several countries and even Malaysia is using refurbished YDM4 class locomotives imported from India on it MG network.
& if i remember correctly, Pakistan too had expressed interest in WDM3A class 3100 HP diesel locos from India.
economic co-operation is one sure way of prosperity among SAARC countries.

Last edited:
that is uncalled for Umair bhai.
Technically world over standard gauge is used and SAARC countries are a handful of nations using Broad gauge. India has pretty big manufacturing base as far as rolling stock is concerned and for countries like Bangladesh and Sri lanka that have relatively smaller Rail networks, it is really cost effective to import from India. India can also help in establishing Coach maintenance depots and loco sheds along with training in operation and maintenance.
this model has worked in several countries and even Malaysia is using refurbished WDM4 class locomotives imported from India on it MG network.
& if i remember correctly, Pakistan too had expressed interest in WDM3A class 3100 HP diesel locos from India.
economic co-operation is one sure way of prosperity among SAARC countries.
Since when did i become yr bhai?
I would rather face a bullet right b/w my eyes then become a brother of yr kind!

@anant_s Any idea of the total locos and coaches produced every year - and their breakdown in LHB / ICF etc.?
Electric Locos
y0y.png

Historical data from 2001
2015.png

This years data
Diesel Locos
Total production is approximately 230-240 range. Out of these DLW is now fully switching over to EMD WDP 4B and WDG 4D along with increased production (in tune of ~10) WDG 5. Rest some ALCO derivatives (WDM 3D including export pieces) come from CRs parel workshops, Diesel Modernization works Patiala. These also manufacture industrial locos for steel and power companies.
Coach Production
LHB_target.png

you can notice the details of pieces set aside for Bangladesh as ,mentioned in your first post.
LHB.png

You tried to prove that BD assembles only, but i proved that BD manufactures too :haha:

so which kind of bicycles do you guys manufacture ?

MTBs, BMXs, Tracks, and how much would a Carbon or an Alloy or a Steel frame would cost ? if you could direct me to web site, I found none.

I think he just being respectful which appears to be one sided.

Why are you guys forever angry ?
there no love lost b/w us. And i would rather appreciate if u guys engage in same way.

Stop this drama now.

When were first LHB design coaches made by ICF?

These will be all metre gauge right? Or does Bangladesh use broad gauge?

Will any of these coaches be used in Maitree express from Bangladesh side?

so which kind of bicycles do you guys manufacture ?

MTBs, BMXs, Tracks, and how much would a Carbon or an Alloy or a Steel frame would cost ? if you could direct me to web site, I found none.
I will give you laterr, now little busy :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom