What's new

India to send two astronauts into space in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already 2010, has the world forgot about Shanghai yet? 2010 is also the Shanghai Expo, hope you can make it there! :)

Oh, and I am also waiting patiently for my $10 laptop was supposed to arrive last year.

I am not yet convinced that as of now, we need a manned space flight. Sure it will give us some bragging rights, but does that warrant a whooping $ 2 bil + price tag. I wonder what is the tangible gain out of this. There are many other niche areas that we can spend this money on.

I am sure we are not going to colonize Mars anytime soon.

Yes it worth of every penny spend.

1.) It bring National Glory. Boost the morale and self confidence.
2.) It earns respect in International arena.
3.) More and more countries want to have technology transfer, joint development and cooperation etc.
4.) Brand value as a Nation and its products zooms.
5.) Scientific breakthroughs and discoveries.
6.) These are all duel use technologies we can make ICBMs, cruise missile, engines etc.
7.) Discovery of minirals, gases and elements.
8.) You don't know what the future holds, there can be something (Element or discovery or by product of mission ) that can change the everything.
9.) There can be a moon colony, resources for meeting our energy needs etc.
10.) As a peace loving nation we discarded nuclear weapons and few elite make them and enacted a ban on others, so if we don't want to left behind and our future decided by a group we must enter the group.

Brother, don't forget we are also planning missions to the Sun, Venus and Mars. And the world will see our real capabilities sooner or later.

It enter the atmosphere with rocket and land with parachute in this pic,the sharp as a shuttle is no use,this has high risk landing

They could just be testing how the unmanned vehicle fares in space without landing first.

regards

I am not yet convinced that as of now, we need a manned space flight. Sure it will give us some bragging rights, but does that warrant a whooping $ 2 bil + price tag. I wonder what is the tangible gain out of this. There are many other niche areas that we can spend this money on.

I am sure we are not going to colonize Mars anytime soon.

We already miss the industrial revolution in past,

so we want to make up our people need food/health and others in slow pace @ 1 time we demolish all that problem, but we again miss this kind of space technology revolution then its toughen to get near by there, even now we are well behind few nations by a decade or two. we must act quickly as possible.

Jai Hind:victory:

New Delhi, India (CNN) -- Indian researchers have announced plans to send their astronauts to space in 2016.
The cost of the proposed mission is estimated at $4.8 billion, said S. Satish, spokesman for the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
Studies have begun on the design of the crew capsules that will be used to put a pair of astronauts 300 kilometers aloft for seven days, he said. The project budget has been sent for federal approval, he added.
A training facility for astronauts will also be built in southern India as part of the program, which Satish said would be solely Indian.
In 1984, Rakesh Sharma became the first Indian to explore space in what was a joint mission with the then Soviet Union.
In 2008, India launched its first unmanned mission -- Chandrayaan-1 -- to the moon that dropped a probe onto the lunar surface.
In 312 days, Chandrayaan-1, meaning moon craft, completed more than 3,400 orbits and met most of its scientific objectives before vanishing off the radars abruptly last year, according to the space agency.
The craft carried payloads from the United States, the European Union and Bulgaria. One of its aims was to search for evidence of water or ice and identify the chemical composition of certain lunar rocks.
The Chandrayaan-1 mission came to be seen as the 21st century, Asian version of the space race between the United States and the USSR -- but this time involving India and China.
Satish said the agency was also planning to send a second version of Chandrayaan in 2012.
India held its first rocket launch from a fishing village in southern India in 1963.
Now, the South Asian nation lists more than 60 events as "milestones" in its space program, which includes the successful use of polar and geosynchronous satellite launch vehicles.
Indian scientists say their country has the world's largest constellation of remote-sensing satellites.
These satellites, according to the Vikram Sarabhai Space Center, capture images of the Earth used in a range of applications -- agriculture, water resources, urban development, mineral prospecting, environment, forestry, drought and flood forecasting, ocean resources and disaster management.
Another major system, or INSAT, is used for communication, television and meteorology.
India, however, maintains competition does not drive its space ambitions.

India plans manned space mission in 2016 - CNN.com

Good news

Why India plans to send 2 astronauts instead of 1 as every other country did.

Like sukhoi 30 MKI and FGFA, we are always keen on building two seater variants..lol... probably thats why:partay:

Haha, what a gem! Another “India to” fails to materialize. If you print the list of all India-to’s and India-will’s on a paper slip it’ll be long enough to connect the earth and the moon:laughcry:

Day dreaming must be a national pastime over there.

Haha, what a gem! Another “India to” failed to materialize. If you print the list of all India-to’s and India-will’s on a paper slip it’ll be long enough to connect the earth and the moon:laughcry:

You fail to understand India. India is not China ( read communist) where one party determines future of the entire country. And people become sheep and work. We are a democracy as such priorities of successive governments change when it comes to direction of the country. By making the above comment you look dumb to us, not the other way around.

Day dreaming must be a national pastime over there.

At least we are free to dream. What dream does CCP dreamt for you.?

Sure, I’m the one who looks dumb:azn:

You fail to understand India. India is not China ( read communist) where one party determines future of the entire country. And people become sheep and work. We are a democracy as such priorities of successive governments change when it comes to direction of the country. By making the above comment you look dumb to us, not the other way around.

At least we are free to dream. What dream does CCP dreamt for you.?

Yes you are free if you are a high caste Hindu male.

Just pretend that people don't get lynched for eating beef, by the minions of mass murdering Modi. Who butchers Indians on the streets for not being Hindu.

Yes you are free if you are a high caste Hindu male.

Just pretend that people don't get lynched for eating beef, by the minions of mass murdering Modi. Who butchers Indians on the streets for not being Hindu.

Omg. 1.3 billion people are lynching everyday. And you are one dumb troll. Not even Pakistanis make such dumb statement.

last time i checked US was also a democracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom