What's new

India to Send Second Kilo Class Submarine to Russia for Refit in May

DrPuff

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
1050778342.jpg

NEW DELHI (Sputnik) — After waiting for years, Indian Navy has started the process to refit its Kilo-class submarine Sindhuraj at a cost of $ 208 million. Indian Navy has issued tender for sea transportation of a Kilo class Submarine from Visakhapatnam (India) to Severodvinsk in Russia on a transport dock ship during the time period 01 May to 15 June 2017. Indian Navy expects that refit will extend the life of the submarine for another decade.

“It is intended to commence loading of the submarine at Visakhapatnam, India between 01 May 17 and 15 Jun 17. The estimated transit time, via the Cape of Good Hope, weather permitting, under normal weather and sea state conditions, should not exceed 45 days,” reads Indian Navy document.

India has contracted Russia for refitting four of its nine kilo class submarines at cost worth approximately $800 million. Another Kilo class INS Sindhukesari is undergoing a similar refit process since last year. According to the agreement with Russian shipyard, Indian Navy will offload another two kilo-class submarine to L&T Katupalli shipyard in Tamil Nadu next month.

Indian Navy needs at least 24 submarines to maintain a Minimum Force Level but it has only about 13 boats. This year Indian navy expects two of its long-awaited Scorpene class submarine to be commissioned. Out of 13, half of the boats are used in restricted manner or not at optimum level and are kept as war reserves.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201702171050778247-india-submarine-russia-navy/

There is no point upgrading Kilos, it's an outdated ship. Better concentrate on the Scorpenes.

So when are you putting your 12 on sale?
You can contact my secretary and ask for a quote bhai. I am sure we can upgrade it for you cheaper than the Russians, heck we can even throw in some free umbrellas.

You can contact my secretary and ask for a quote bhai. I am sure we can upgrade it for you cheaper than the Russians, heck we can even throw in some free umbrellas.
We need better quality umbrell(***)...I dont think u can deliver.. we will stick with the Russians until then :P... spin on this :P

We need better quality umbrell(***)...I dont think u can deliver.. we will stick with the Russians until then :P... spin on this :P
I think even the Russians buy Chinese umbrellas, well if you prefer a Russian name sticker on the umbrella sold at a higher price, be my guest. The last time the Russians upgraded your Kilos, something blew up, the worse that could happen to a Chinese refit is also the same, just a blow up.

I think even the Russians buy Chinese umbrellas, well if you prefer a Russian name sticker on the umbrella sold at a higher price, be my guest. The last time the Russians upgraded your Kilos, something blew up, the worse that could happen to a Chinese refit is also the same, just a blow up.
you are noob troller... i fed a troller.. my mistake :D

Has China the licence from the OEM to offer this service ?

It is important. Because without it, the OEM guarantees nullifies.And spares for the submarine would stop.

Its not being naive. Its being logical.
When the batteries exploded, did you see any Russian guarantees? It's a 20 year old vessel for gods sake. Don't be so naive.

When the batteries exploded, did you see any Russian guarantees? It's a 20 year old vessel for gods sake. Don't be so naive.

There is no product warranty certificate for warfare machines like submarines or fighter planes when imported from foreign vendors. Its all about implied warranty of merchantability with a disclaimer attached.

However these conditions do apply nationally when the USG orders product from any contractor and its found to be defective at its arrival.

Some people are simply too naive by thinking it is just the same as buying white goods.

Some small fire arms may have some limited warranty.

There is no product warranty certificate for warfare machines like submarines or fighter planes when imported from foreign vendors. Its all about implied warranty of merchantability with a disclaimer attached.

However these conditions do apply nationally when the USG orders product from any contractor and its found to be defective at its arrival.

Some people are simply too naive by thinking it is just the same as buying white goods.

Some small fire arms may have some limited warranty.
That's what I have been trying to tell the geniuses here.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom