What's new

India to Retire Indigenously Built INSAS Rifle; Imported ones to Take its Place

Okay let's say we agree on that..but why did india not develop another indigenous rifle to replace it?
I mean Pakistan is also doing the same and they will produce two different foreign rifles (Beretta and the other) locally but india always makes tall claims about its technology being indigenous..
Trillion dollar question,you will not going to get a prop reply.

Okay let's say we agree on that..but why did india not develop another indigenous rifle to replace it?
I mean Pakistan is also doing the same and they will produce two different foreign rifles (Beretta and the other) locally but india always makes tall claims about its technology being indigenous..

I've already explained this in another post above you.

The user launched a RFI for a certain type of rifle. A rifle platform that can accommodate 3 types of small arms ammo. This requirement is already pretty funny, but sure.

NbOvaDw.jpg

proxy.php

MCIWS-11-489x660.jpg

MCIWS-3.jpg

The developer produces several prototypes, trials it all over India, then they get the news they dont want a multi caliber rifle anymore, even funnier, they dont want any of the original 3 ammo types.

i agree India should use its own indigenous riffles , but manufacturing 3 million new guns will just cause the INSAS scenario to repeat again , insas was mass produced during military emergency , causing a lot of faulty design & confusion .

Its for the best if we buy /replace it with new weapons, instead of mass manufacturing it again . Maybe after that we can replace it with our own in a slow stable process .

Its corruption, they cant make money from local producers but they can with Foreigner.

I've already explained this in another post above you.

The user launched a RFI for a certain type of rifle. A rifle platform that can accommodate 3 types of small arms ammo. This requirement is already pretty funny, but sure.

NbOvaDw.jpg

proxy.php

MCIWS-11-489x660.jpg

MCIWS-3.jpg

The developer produces several prototypes, trials it all over India, then they get the news they dont want a multi caliber rifle anymore, even funnier, they dont want any of the original 3 ammo types.

The RFI was issued specifically to slow down and provide a mechanism for kickbacks, thinking that such BS would take forever to be designed and brought to production. The Army has shown quite a few instances of corruption. Time to cut the heads off.

There are many pressing issues that need to be addressed.

Its corruption, they cant make money from local producers but they can with Foreigner.

I used to think otherwise as much as possible, but after hear news like how the IA officials didnt give L&T a tank to fit into their FCS for trials, news of Arjun trials intentionally being being rigged against it, etc. shows the tip of the iceberg. Not saying all of the IA have this intention, but it exists there.

It's a matter of research topic. Back then India made its own super computer, designed almost completely a Cryogenics rocket engine etc in middle of Uncle Sam's wrath,but now we have accessibility to most of the modern technology from market and we are ignoring desi products where ever it's possible. Too bad...
WHAT WAS so desi about INSAS .. a poor reverse engineered copy of AK with shoddy workmanship.
if Pvt players are involved we can have reliable and much better guns.

I used to think otherwise as much as possible, but after hear news like how the IA officials didnt give L&T a tank to fit into their FCS for trials, news of Arjun trials intentionally being being rigged against it, etc. shows the tip of the iceberg.
Its the same policy in Iraq they buy everything from abroad to the limit where we have half of the nation out of jobs.

Procurement should be done by the Central government. The military is either incompetent, corrupt, or a combination of the two.
and central bureaucracy is competent and non corrupt !! thanks for the comic relief !

If they just picked one of the three rounds, no big deal, but they went ahead and picked a round completely outside of what they wanted in the first place. MoD even mentioned their comic book requirements, and constant changing for requirements.

It's like asking ISRO to make an SLV, but their user changes the requirement mid way into trials, all of a sudden they want something like a PSLV. What? Would ISRO even be ISRO today?
what if ISRO had taken 30 years to make SLV ?

Its the same policy in Iraq they buy everything from abroad to the limit where we have half of the nation out of jobs.
the guns will be made in India.. so this analogy is not applicable.

This was the first batch, the latest models dont have a problem. It's just not a modern rifle that needs to be replaced.

Dude, there are small private firms in India supplying and meeting NATO requirements, but no orders from the IA. Things work funny in India, with Indian users.

They originally had a RFI for a completely different type of rifle that can handle 3 ammo---------

qOAuMhE.jpg

Wt2pItP.jpg

Prototyping done, trials all over India, then they dont want ANY of those ammo. Who does that?
ok

what if ISRO had taken 30 years to make SLV ?

Who the hell knows how long it would've taken if they didnt have a import alterative, or a user the changes the requirement, there would be no ISRO with an space launchers, period. The beginning SLVs failed several times, but there wasnt any import option for India, was there? Would there be a GSLV Mark 3 if India had the same options? No.

This particular rifle by DRDO have been prototyped very fast, and trialing all over India, why change the requirement when 80% of the project was complete?

Please do tell me companies like Tonbo, MKU, etc. supplying NATO countries, why is the IA so much better? There are finished and developed products in India, by Indian companies, supplying western countries not being ordered by IA. Some of which are much needed bullet proof jackets, which btw they are painfully slow on ordering in mass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom