What's new

India to Order 126 Fighter Jets by September

its started in 2001

Ya, but it used to be Mirage 2000, Mig-29, Grigen, and some others, know its

F-18 Super Hornet, F-16 Super Viper, Gripen NG, MIG-35, Eurofighter, and Rafale.. It was a good think India waited, but KNOW is the time to make the choice god damn it!!!!!

If it actually takes to 2012 to make a decision then slow would be a sort of understatement. Delivery and integration is another thing.

I hope India gets the plane too but it is a bit ridiculous.

this is a strong indication that contrary to their over hyped media and think-tank GOI actually doesn't think there will be any war with anybody in the foreseeable future. so why hurry? it's good to delay the process as much as possible so the money can be spent in where it is really needed. good strategy :tup:

well to tell you the truth,

I was a child, perhaps used to go to secondary school when the tender for MMRCA was opened

come on, do whatever you want... seal the deal
I am fed up now ---- i finished my school, college, further education and working since these many years

Just make a deal and finish this so-called 42,000 crore rupees discussion for good

i never know pakistanis grow so fast in 4 years u finished from ur school college UG and PG and working for Many years woooooow.............. Now That's Growth:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was a child, perhaps used to go to secondary school when the tender for MMRCA was opened

I am fed up now ---- i finished my school, college, further education and working since these many years

Just make a deal and finish this so-called 42,000 crore rupees discussion for good

u mean to say that u finished school , college , further education and now doing job
AND U DID ALL THAT IN 4 YRS , THATS GENIUS :woot:
Considering the fact that MMRCA Competition began in 2007 with issue of Tender:laugh:

get your pituitary gland checked

India to start talks on $12 billion fighter jet order

BANGALORE, India — India said Thursday it would begin crucial contract negotiations in the next fortnight for an estimated $12 billion order for 126 fighter jets.
The announcement came a day after Indian Defence Minister A.K. Antony said the long-delayed contract to modernise India's decades-old aircraft fleet would be handed out during the next fiscal year starting April 1.
"The contract negotiation committee will begin discussions in a week or two," Indian Airforce chief P.V. Naik told reporters on the sidelines of South Asia's biggest airshow in Bangalore, the hub of India's aviation industry.
Six global aeronautical companies, which are in a dogfight to grab the deal to sell the 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA), each claimed at the airshow that their products were the world's best.
"The Indian airforce is very pleased with the performance of the F-16 and we are hopeful of being shortlisted," said Orville Prins of U.S-based Lockheed Martin which wants to sell its frontline fighter jet to India.
India, the biggest buyer of military hardware among emerging nations, issued the request for proposals to the six firms in 2007 and the long-awaited trials of the aircraft competing for the deal began a year later.
Industry sources say the F-16 and Seattle-based Boeing, which is offering its F-18 "Superhornet," have emerged as front-runners after the gruelling trials.
The contract includes the outright purchase of 18 combat aircraft by 2012 with another 108 to be built in India. India would also have an option to buy 64 more such jets.
The other companies bidding include France's Dassault Aviation, pan-European manufacturer Eurofighter Typhoon and Sweden's Saab.
Saab will have the "technological lead in five years," said Peter Nilsson, an executive from the Swedish firm.
India also announced Thursday it is set to agree a contract with Dassault for the upgrade of its fleet of Mirage fighter aircraft but would not disclose the value of the deal.
Russia, a longtime military supplier to India, pipped its Western rivals last December when it signed a mammoth agreement with New Delhi to co-produce some 250 stealth fighter jets worth $30 billion by 2017.

AFP: India to start talks on $12 billion fighter jet order

IAF personally like Eurofighter or Rafale..

If mod want low cost plane ,then Gripen..

$35 billion deal with russia
C-17,C-130j,P8i to US
Now
This time Deal will go to Eu:victory:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom