What's new

India to name and shame rapists on official websites, govt says

Have they been arrested?

Yes and have been produced in front of courts for preliminary proceedings.

@thread

An excellent idea, these people should be known as rapists before being sentenced to life in prison.

I agree, in part, with @Mani2020 that this could cause significant collateral damage wrt the perpetrator's families but then the criminals did the crime and this is part of the penalty so they have no right to complain. Additionally this could act as another deterrent for any would be SCUMBAGS. The names and faces of these a-holes should be plastered on the front page of all major newspapers,tv shows and all over the internet. I think once members of FB get hold of the pics they are going to go everywhere! I hope these SCUM don't have another day of peace for their rest of their meaningless lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol wht an idiotic move.......:Don website? lol & how many indians hav access to internet? hardly 10%.......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Start Hanging them I say.

Judiciary is strong but its too slow like a snail.

Since the social issues are increasing at an alarming rate, a separate fast track court which is independent of other civil cases should be established where crimes in the society gets swift punishments.

Opening websites with pics, removing sun control films , closing pubs early wont have any effect on crime rates, esp in metros.

Just smuggle some ropes in that prison. They already said hang them. At least they will commit suicide and save a lot of money and time of our courts.

lol wht an idiotic move.......:Don website? lol & how many indians hav access to internet? hardly 10%.......

A small start, but a start nonetheless..

Idea of Pakistan started as a small thing too btw..

I think posting the address is taking it to far. These rapists have innocent family members who will become victims of taunts and possibly violence as well. Shame the perpetrators of the crime but not other innocents who were just accidentally born as sisters or aunts of that criminal.

Stupid eye wash facepalm plan.

So this means people will log on to some website to see hundreds of passport size photos of rapists??:what:

Stupid government needs to do something REAL.

Sir, this isn't the only thing the GoI has done/will do there is also new fast track courts being raised to begin next year to exclusively for sexual assualt cases, new phone numbers for such attacks, increase in police patrolling at night and in certain risky areas etc etc

Of course there will ALWAYS be room for improvment and some will always say it is not enough but anything moving in the right direction is a good thing.

I bet they will c0ck this one up too. You never know.. they might end up posting some innocents pics instead, just like how NIA site cocked up when it came to terrorists & their whereabouts!!

Judiciary is strong but its too slow like a snail.

Since the social issues are increasing at an alarming rate, a separate fast track court which is independent of other civil cases should be established where crimes in the society gets swift punishments.

Opening websites with pics, removing sun control films , closing pubs early wont have any effect on crime rates, esp in metros.

It is definitely slow.

But once the government hangs few of them, it is bound to deter others.

We need will in the government to reduce the crime rate, without the will, nothing is going to happen.

I wont be surprised if this stupid Congress government gives rapists reservation in Parliament. Coz biggest criminals are sitting there.

Hope that site doesn't get hacked & name,address & pics of completely innocent persons doesn't start showing all over the net.

BTW a good idea for PDF also we should "name & shame" the trollers here.......:D

Back
Top Bottom