What's new

India to make Bollywood Hitler Movie: "Dear Friend Hitler"

Bottom line, Bollywood is ripping off another movie.

What is the concern here ?

The whole world rips off - someone rips off missile technology , somebody rips of song tunes,someone rips off Nuke technology.. if there are no intellectual rights being violated it ok.If they are being violated there is a recourse to redress.

Hahahah will enjoy the dance sequences

ha ha ha.... yes he will dance with Eva Braun... going around trees in U.S and Russia...

and that too in between the world war... :D

on serious note, I think this film will be made without songs ...

Also interesting is that India's fascination with Hitler does not start with the INA or Gandhi nor does it end with this film. Apparently in 2006 a Mumbai cafe/restaurant by the name of "Hitler's Cross" opened amidst criticism by jewish groups.

IIRC the restaurant had to change name before opening because of public outcry, not only from Jews.

Just one question bugging me....

Why peace loving man like Gandhi addressed mass murderer like Hitler as "Dear Friend"

Well, not to jump to the defense of Gandhi or anything but sometimes things seem different when seen 70 years later. I think Hitler really gained notoriety when the world got to know of holocaust. Before that he was just a madman with a vision to dominate the world.

Cant wait for the dance scenes man :rofl: Hitler aur Braun Switzerland ki pahariyon mein:rofl:

I'm actually rather surprised. This is quiet interesting indeed and this would be one Indian movie that I shall watch. Moreover, to me, apart for the obvious this is a Bollywood take to put itself on an international footing.

Anyhow, since reading the first post I searched the Internet for information pertaining to this.
------------------------------------

Adolf Hitler and the Indian actor, Anupam Kher, below to give a comparison..

How good of an actor is Anupam Kher and has he tackled such controversial roles before? I wonder how the Neo-Nazis will react to Hitler being played by a, dare I say it, untermensch? :P

An older article on the issue that I found...

Bollywood to make "Dear Friend Hitler" movie | DesPardes.com | Breaking News|Latest News|India News |Pakistan News|Politics News |Bollywood News|Cinema News|Hollywood News|Cricket|Business News|Sports News|Health News|Science & Technology News|Stock

Bollywood to Make “Dear Friend Hitler” Movie

MUMBAI : In 2006, a Nazi-themed restaurant called “Hitler’s Cross” opened in Mumbai where India’s film industry Bollywood breathes, but was soon closed after a storm of protest from Jews in India and abroad.

Four years later, the Bollywood film industry, famous for its lip-synched singing, exuberant dancing and wet sari scenes, desi liplocks and bhangras, is set to stray into unfamiliar dark territory with a film on Adolf Hitler.

“The film will recapture the last days of Adolf Hitler, including his life in his Berlin bunker and Germany after his death in 1945,” Rakesh Ranjan Kumar, who is directing the movie, told a magazine this week.

The film will focus on the German dictator’s personality as well as his relationships with his lover and other close associates during the final days of the Nazi regime.

Its makers say the title — “Dear Friend Hitler” — alludes to two letters written to him by India’s most revered independence leader Mahatma Gandhi also called Bapu.

Hitler will be played by veteran Bollywood actor Anupam Kher, who once played Gandhi on television, while former Miss India Neha Dhupia portrays Eva Braun, whom Hitler married hours before they committed suicide in April 1945.

---------------------------

The Indian actress Neha Dupia will be playing Hitler's mistress, Eva Braun. Below is an image of Eva Braun and the Indian actress.

Eva Braun
allies-bomb-northern-nazi-germany-63.jpg

Neha Dhupia

I do wonder how it will turn-out. Hopefully it will be present in other languages as well later on. To date, the only Indian productions I have seen can all be counted on my fingers. I don't know how much the Indian industry has progressed or of their talents. Let's just wait and see...

How good of an actor is Anupam Kher and has he tackled such controversial roles before? I wonder how the Neo-Nazis will react to Hitler being played by a, dare I say it, untermensch? :P

Still they stole the Swastika from India that is the sign of Aryan culture. :woot: After the world war its proved who were 'untermensch' and why! Anyway they must be happy that an 'Aryan' man is playing that role. :P :rolleyes:

Still they stole the Swastika from India that is the sign of Aryan culture. :woot: After the world war its proved who were 'untermensch' and why! Anyway they must be happy that an 'Aryan' man is playing that role. :P :rolleyes:

Well, in Iran (which itself means "... of the Aryans"), the word Aryan generally refers to all Iranic peoples (Azari, Baloch, Kurd, Fars, Tajik, Pashtun, etc..) and speakers of Iranic languages, such as Persian (Farsi), Pashto and etc... The English word Aryan itself comes from Arianus, an old name for Iran. However, Hitler's ludicrous racial Aryan idealism is something very, very different from the Iranian concept of it or even the Indian one for that matter. Nazis were cultural scavengers and adopted whatever as they pleased. We are very off topic here though.

Since I am unaware of the Indian movie industry, my original question was that have these actors played such roles before for they are inherently very controversial ones?

Johny Liver has played Hitler in many Bollywood movies.

He has also played Michael Jackson .

How much controversial can it get?

It is easy to play Hitler but there is nobody in the world who can play Gabbar.

r there going to be love songs between hitler and his girlfriend

Now They are making a spoof on OSAMA named "TERE BIN OSAMA"

Now, a Bollywood spoof on Osama Bin Laden
'People want to see a fun film at the end of the day'
'The film is about a Pakistani journalist Ali Hassan, who wants to go to the US'
'I can't think of anything else before this releases'

Abhishek Sharma of New Delhi is a product of the prestigious National School of Drama, where he did his post-graduation education. He always wanted to become a writer and director.

But with no godfather in the industry, Sharma didn't quite understand how things worked when he came to Mumbai, like so many others, to make a career in Bollywood.

In a great stroke of luck, he ended up working with Manmohan Shetty of Fame Adlabs, and proceeded to learn everything about films -- pre-production, production, post-production and even marketing.

Now he is all set with his directorial debut, Tere Bin Laden. It's a satire on terrorism from Walkwater Productions, starring Pakistani pop star Ali Zafar.

http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/jun/09/slide-show-1-interview-with-abhishek-sharma.htm

Back
Top Bottom