What's new

India to interfere in South China Sea issue to check China: Source: Indian Media

challenger

BANNED
Reaction score
ASEAN invites India, US to keep China in check
Rahul Singh, Hindustan Times
Email Author
New Delhi, September 22, 2010First Published: 23:56 IST(22/9/2010)
Last Updated: 00:11 IST(23/9/2010)

The presence of India and the United States at a meeting on the Asia-Pacific region’s security architecture, being organised by the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) for the first time next month, is likely to make China uncomfortable. China has long-standing sovereignty disputes over sections of the South China Sea — which contain valuable reserves of oil and natural gas — with four ASEAN members: Vietnam, Philippines, Brunei and Malaysia. It has repeatedly stressed that it wants to resolve its differences without any external interference.

Beijing has been increas ingly belligerent in stressing its claims with these much smaller countries. It may well perceive India and the US’s participation in the meet being held in Vietnam — Defence Minister A.K. Antony will travel to Hanoi on October 11 — as the first step towards just the kind of power balancing it wants to avoid.

Apart from Asean members, eight more countries have been invited: the six neighbour countries that are already associated with Asean without being members (India, Australia, China, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea), along with two newcomers: the US and Russia.

“China will find itself in a spot at the meeting. The US, Russia and India add to the forum’s influence. These countries will read the riot act to China for its growing assertiveness,” said Air Vice Marshal Kapil Kak (retd), strategic affairs expert.

ASEAN invites India, US to keep China in check - Hindustan Times

Where are the Chinese members who think india is not China's enemy?

Now, I want to see your reaction.... :sick:

Whats the matter with you brother ??? are you eager to see a Sino-Indian war start in the next hour or something ???

this is the third or fourth war drums beating thread you started in the last 2 days.......India is not and never will be China's enemy .....is that so hard to grasp ? our aim is to cooperate not confront !
we just act cautious when it comes to national interests and defence....otherwise we are quite happy to economically co operate for a better Asia...:cheers:

^^^ u ppl are dragging us to do all this...

@ topic : India is just counter striking.. moreover UNWILLINGLY imo.

peace

Where are the Chinese members who think india is not China's enemy?

Now, I want to see your reaction.... :sick:

What??? How is being invited to ASEAN suggest that India is China's enemy??? You might wanna read this

http://www.saarc-sec.org/Cooperation-with-Observers/13/

I am sure China being an observer in SAARC does not mean china is a enemy....why you think differently???

Yes, both the giants will do some balancing of influence, which is expected....However both knows that a conflict will take away all the hardwork in a whisker of a second, so the way things are unfolding i see more balancing of each other's influence as well as improvement in relations....

Whats the matter with you brother ??? are you eager to see a Sino-Indian war start in the next hour or something ???

this is the third or fourth war drums beating thread you started in the last 2 days.......India is not and never will be China's enemy .....is that so hard to grasp ? our aim is to cooperate not confront !
we just act cautious when it comes to national interests and defence....otherwise we are quite happy to economically co operate for a better Asia...:cheers:

Your own media has admitted that your country will interfere in South China Sea issue. You should know how sensitive that issue is.

A war is inevitable, if India interferes in South China Sea issue. I think, your foreign policy makers want a war. Now, its time for China to prepare.

Your own media has admitted that your country will interfere in South China Sea issue. You should know how sensitive that issue is.

A war is inevitable, if India interferes in South China Sea issue. I think, your foreign policy makers want a war. Now, its time for China to prepare.

all that I see mentioned in the article is that India is attending as an observer....so are the US and Russians....

there is no mention of India interfering in any Chinese dispute with any Asean country....in any case that would be radically against the Indian stated principle of not interfering in the bilateral disputes of two sovereign nations.....

India going there as an observer is because of the Look east policy aiming at closer economic ties and Integration with advanced East asian economies .....if the eastern markets are opened up to India and free trade agreements signed then it would be of India's interest to engage with them economically.....

Asean is an economic forum.....the member countries do not form any sort of joint military bloc .....going to the forum as an observer is different from a bilateral visit of a defense minister/bilateral exercise.....hope this point is clarified and

please change the title of the thread to reflect the article.....it is an unnecessary red flag ......regards.....

don't worry there will be no war b/w India and China,chinese govt will not go to war with india,they know Russia,US,taiwan,Japan,soth korea are pearl of strings of india around china as china's pearl of strings Pakistan,sri lanka,bhutan,bangladesh etc..
So no WAR be happy Challenger,enjoy ur life,2012 is coming near.....

As if attending a meeting is a declaration of war. China has been scr$wing around in the Indian Ocean, India is bound to do so in the South China Sea.

I think they want their aircraft carrier to have a permenant dive to ocean floor!

Indian members,

India has no say in South China sea. How hard is it to understand from politics and geographical point of view?

The way i look at it, Indians should be careful about this so-called invitation from ASEAN, its sounds like more a plot to make India as an expendable cannon......may be something like this;:D
images

Don't think that i'm here to troll you, you can judge whether its true by how they treat Indians in their countries. Be aware Indians.:whistle:

The way i look at it, Indians should be careful about this so-called invitation from ASEAN, its sounds like more a plot to make India as an expendable cannon......may be something like this;:D
images

Don't think that i'm here to troll you, you can judge whether its true by how they treat Indians in their countries. Be aware Indians.:whistle:

Hi do you have any advises for US and Russia too or is it just for India, Molawchaiiii..........

Back
Top Bottom