What's new

India to integrate K-15 missiles into nuclear submarine soon

Karachi to Lahore=1000 km.
it can strike min 500 km within Pakistan from 200km away from pakistan or may be 600 km from 100km away .

It is as a matter of fact enough for Pakistan. Unfortunately for us Pakistan is not the reason for this boomer. China is.
So development is on for the next variant.
exactly....
may be a test bed for longer range...heavier missiles...

exactly....
may be a test bed for longer range...heavier missiles...

No, because India don't need SSBNs for nuclear strikes in such close distances. SSBNs are meant to project power to longer distances and as most of Indias developments / procurements, it is aimed on countering China.

not really..
think again

The effectiveness of a SLBM is not based on its range but on the enemy nations' defences.

What is pakistan's state of detection equipment to detect sea-launched ballistic missiles some
650km out at sea?

The missile has speeds of Mach 7+ and is quasi-ballsitic maneuverable missile with possible 2 MIRVs in future,
is pakistan's defences against such an incoming SLBM? You'll need something like THAAD to take it out.

Karachi to Lahore=1000 km.
it can strike min 500 km within Pakistan from 200km away from pakistan or may be 600 km from 100km away .

The K-15 is more than enough to destroy Karachi & Gwadar. We dont need SLBM to take out Islamabad
becasue even a BrahMos Block-2 LACM deployed on roadmobile trucks in Kashmir can hit Islamabad.

If Arihant fires off 6 x K15s at Karachi and another 6 x K15s at Gwadar, it'll be overwhelming for any possible
missile defence system that pakistan could use.

REMEBER When I launch a Projectile with Full Load it Goes 700Km

When I launch with Half Load 500Kg or Miniaturised Nukes I cross 1000KM

Dont think- Islamabad is impregnable.

K15 has a range of 700km with 1000Kg payload
This Goes up to 1900KM if we use a 180kg payload , which is the weight of a 15kt fission device

Dude we have started getting better with sea based missiles. Looking at what we did with Agni series, I feel next 2 years will be interesting.

And when was the last time K15 was tested ?

The K-15 has been tested couple of times, the first test was in 2008 it also goes by the name of Sagarika. It has been tested using pontoons from 100-200 ft under water. There was test of the missile this year also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom