What's new

India to increase troops along China border

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score

* Arunachal Pradesh governor says two army divisions comprising 25,000 to 30,000 soldiers each will be deployed along the state border​

GUWAHATI: India will deploy thousands of additional troops and build airstrips along its remote northeastern border with China, in a sign of persisting wariness between the two countries despite growing business ties.

India and China fought a brief war over their 3,500-kilometre Himalayan border in 1962, and both sides claim the other is occupying big but largely uninhabited chunks of their territory.

Although India and China have signed a treaty to maintain “peace and tranquility” along the disputed frontier and agreed to find a political solution to the row, talks have made little progress.

Last year, the army said Chinese soldiers had crossed the border in Arunachal Pradesh state illegally and entered their territory, urging the government to deploy more troops.

Deployment: “Two army divisions comprising 25,000 to 30,000 soldiers each will be deployed along the border in Arunachal,” said JJ Singh, the governor of the remote state.

“It (deployment) was part of the planned augmentation of our capabilities to defend the country ... The increase in force strength is to meet the future national security challenge,” Singh said in Itanagar, capital of Arunachal Pradesh.

Other than troops, India will add more firepower in the disputed zone with light 155mm guns, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles to strengthen its defences, officials said. They will also build airstrips close to the border.

The state shares a more than 1,000 km long disputed border with China.

Last month, India's air force chief said the country faces a greater threat from China than Pakistan because New Delhi knows little about Beijing's combat capabilities. reuters

Kalimpong-based Army's 27 Mountain Division is moving to its original base in sikkim [ close to tri-junction of India ], about seven years after it was deployed under the Northern Command.

the Dolam Valley — a largely-barren 20sqkm plateau has become the venue of frequent Chinese patrols.

From the Bangladesh border, there are three points where the Bhutan border is at a distance of approximately 60 kilometres.

27 Mth Div was never based in Sikkim.

The Dolam Plateau is a part of Bhutan and grazers indeed have strayed into it,

What is the implication of BD border being 60 kms from Bhutan?

* Arunachal Pradesh governor says two army divisions comprising 25,000 to 30,000 soldiers each will be deployed along the state border​

20090609_f02.jpg

GUWAHATI: India will deploy thousands of additional troops and build airstrips along its remote northeastern border with China, in a sign of persisting wariness between the two countries despite growing business ties.

India and China fought a brief war over their 3,500-kilometre Himalayan border in 1962, and both sides claim the other is occupying big but largely uninhabited chunks of their territory.

Although India and China have signed a treaty to maintain “peace and tranquility” along the disputed frontier and agreed to find a political solution to the row, talks have made little progress.

Last year, the army said Chinese soldiers had crossed the border in Arunachal Pradesh state illegally and entered their territory, urging the government to deploy more troops.

Deployment: “Two army divisions comprising 25,000 to 30,000 soldiers each will be deployed along the border in Arunachal,” said JJ Singh, the governor of the remote state.

“It (deployment) was part of the planned augmentation of our capabilities to defend the country ... The increase in force strength is to meet the future national security challenge,” Singh said in Itanagar, capital of Arunachal Pradesh.

Other than troops, India will add more firepower in the disputed zone with light 155mm guns, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles to strengthen its defences, officials said. They will also build airstrips close to the border.

The state shares a more than 1,000 km long disputed border with China.

Last month, India's air force chief said the country faces a greater threat from China than Pakistan because New Delhi knows little about Beijing's combat capabilities. reuters

china should be on high alert, india is planing the repeat of 1962

a should be on high alert, india is planing the repeat of 1962
Repeat of 1962? Trololol bah u wish.
THis was already done in 2009.
This thread is a Zombie!

:lol:

What made u think we will fight China which as of now has better military than us

we all know that the inflation in india is high. we also know the regime is facing another election soon.
if compare the regime's achievement in the past 10 years with our Hu & Wen administration, it did basically nothing.

what is the best way to fool its own citizens? fuel some nationalism. how? start a border conflict with China.

dude, let me assure you one thing: should such conflict happen again between us, we won't be as nice as we did in 1962. we will divide india into multiple piece.

we all know that the inflation in india is high. we also know the regime is facing another election soon.
if compare the regime's achievement in the past 10 years with our Hu & Wen administration, it did basically nothing.

what is the best way to fool its own citizens? fuel some nationalism. how? start a border conflict with China.

dude, let me assure you one thing: should such conflict happen again between us, we won't be as nice as we did in 1962. we will divide india into multiple piece.

again you are talking like an a$$ if you would have stayed fore some more time then you would have got your kicked now figure out why if you cant then let me know i will give you the reason for it

hint cuban missile crysis

again you are talking like an a$$ if you would have stayed fore some more time then you would have got your kicked now figure out why if you cant then let me know i will give you the reason for it

hint cuban missile crysis

I don't see your point.

indians need to understand that if China is going to have a battle or war with india, our short range missiles are enough to hit new delhi and mumbai.
yet india needs to fire much more expensive long range missiles to hit our population centers, such as Beijing.

plus, our economy is 4 times as big as yours, and we build the vast majority of our weapons, india needs to import most of its weapons.

india is no longer a qualified enemy, but it is still an interesting training mate.

I don't see your point.

indians need to understand that if China is going to have a battle or war with india, our short range missiles are enough to hit new delhi and mumbai.
yet india needs to fire much more expensive long range missiles to hit our population centers, such as Beijing.

plus, our economy is 4 times as big as yours, and we build the vast majority of our weapons, india needs to import most of its weapons.

india is no longer a qualified enemy, but it is still an interesting training mate.

4 times bigger economy when did chinas economy reached around about 8 trillion dollars well you are not getting my point because you dont know much history first learn history from some senior members well to answer my question in 1962 china culd not have made any advances because the cuban missile crysis was over and america was ready to help india to fight you guys

4 times bigger economy when did chinas economy reached around about 8 trillion dollars well you are not getting my point because you dont know much history first learn history from some senior members well to answer my question in 1962 china culd not have made any advances because the cuban missile crysis was over and america was ready to help india to fight you guys

america always remain ready but never involves to others war, as they promised pakistan in 1971 war but seven fleet kept a safe distance due to russia,s threat.

america always remain ready but never involves to others war, as they promised pakistan in 1971 war but seven fleet kept a safe distance due to russia,s threat.

The US fleet was steaming towards the Bay of Bengal.

The US never realised that the Pakistani Army would capitulate that fast.

The US involves itself in everyone's war, with arms and then if required through troops.

These days, they 'encourage' others to fight amongst themselves and then 'intervenes' directly for 'humanitarian reasons'.

I don't see your point.

What one must understand is that the Tibetan Plateau is in the High Altitude and so anything that has to fly will have to have a lower 'effective' payload.

Missiles alone cannot win wars.

Boots on the ground wins war.

And boots on the ground have to be supported by an air effort.

In comparison, Indian airfields are at sea level and hence can carry a greater payload.

And then there are the Tibetans in Tibet.

They will love the opportunity!!

Recall Bangladesh.

It was not merely an Indian war, it was a war that was won because of a great effort of the East Pakistanis who are now Bangladeshis.

One should never forget the immense contribution of the population of East Pakistan towards the 1971 War.

And then, must we forget the Uyghurs?

It will be a God sent opportunity for them too!

So, where will China look?

To the front or all over?

Why India to increase troops along China border?
We should be wary of the Indian military. They want to break the military balance, that is not friendly.

Back
Top Bottom