What's new

India to give free medicine to hundreds of millions

Götterdämmerung;3150413 said:
It's not difficult to be better than many places of the world if those places are Somalia, Congo or Mali.

I'm sure India has a few excellent facilities as well, but the question is whether the slum dwellers have access to these few facilities or they are reserved forvery rich Indians and foreigners who are not rich enough for five stars medical treatments in private hospitals in Switzerland or Germany but affordable in India.

I know what world-class means, I have it here 24/7 in all aspects.

India has medical facilities as good as the western world ..
Almost all the major operations are done in India but the problem is the cost of these hospitals is so high that only handful of people could afford it ..
The cost of these multi speciality hospitals is still way lesser than the western world
There are many foreigners who come to these hospitals

For the free treatment we have Government hospitals which are sub standard except some hospitals and for the middle class there are non multispeciality private hospitals

I say the regular drug of Cipla Pansec IV (Pantaprozole) will come from company to Company stockists is 11.36, from there to Pvt Stokists are 12.80, from there to Hospital or Medicals are 16.40...but to people the MRP is 61.00... Why this kolaveri.???

Götterdämmerung;3150413 said:
It's not difficult to be better than many places of the world if those places are Somalia, Congo or Mali.

I'm sure India has a few excellent facilities as well, but the question is whether the slum dwellers have access to these few facilities or they are reserved forvery rich Indians and foreigners who are not rich enough for five stars medical treatments in private hospitals in Switzerland or Germany but affordable in India.

I know what world-class means, I have it here 24/7 in all aspects.

Guess what, Ive got it here 24/7 too..........
You cant apply everything you here to all Indian states, at least do some research before posting such nonsense. But I never expected anything else from a ignorant westerner

Guess what, Ive got it here 24/7 too..........
You cant apply everything you here to all Indian states, at least do some research before posting such nonsense. But I never expected anything else from a ignorant westerner

He is just a Chinese staying in Germany

His job is to troll in every Indian thread

Free medicine to all Indian is a very very good move by the govt. of India :tup:

The generic drugs are not illegal. They are legally made after patents expire or after you can find loophole in the patent. Generic drugs are manufactured by companies in Europe, US, Israel China and India and are sold at almost 10th price of innovator company.

@The move by GOI is very good. The common public will get free medicines while Pharma companies will get a sure market in form of government.

Almost all the major operations are done in India but the problem is the cost of these hospitals is so high that only handful of people could afford it ..
The cost of these multi speciality hospitals is still way lesser than the western world

For the free treatment we have Government hospitals which are sub standard except some hospitals and for the middle class there are non multispeciality private hospitals

Sure, India has medical facilities as good as ours, but how many of them have reached our standard and how many people have access to them? That is the most important question! What's the use of having good hospitals when the majority doesn't have access to them? Just look at the chart of life expectancy by country!

Medical tourism is nothing to be proud of when the majority of Indians still have sub-standard medical treatment and the best you have are either reserved to the richest of India or middle class foreigners who want fast access to organ transplants.

The distribution of these medicines must be strictly regulated otherwise you will have a growing population of people addicted to OTC drugs. A lot of people will also abuse and misuse these drugs or resell at higher value to people who in spite of recent efforts still don't have access to these medicines. Some people will even try to repeatedly get drugs may even lie about their identity, a lot can go wrong here. This is why in modern countries you must have a prescription from a Doctor stating you are eligible to take this medicine and have a medical reason to do so... I understand the medicines being distributed freely here are likely to be OTC medicine and may be less potent but nonetheless the same problems can occur.

Giving out free medicine sounds like a benevolent thing but it has too many negative consequence if not regulated properly.

There is a saying too much of a good thing is bad.

For the free treatment we have Government hospitals which are sub standard except some hospitals and for the middle class there are non multispeciality private hospitals[/QUOTE

Yeah right, you must have exempted the US and Canada when making that statement. The world's most advance and capable hospitals are in the US, many hospitals in Europe can't even match the quality of US hospitals, let alone a few relatively modern Indian hospitals.

@A1kaid
Are you a doctor ??
If no , then STFU
Having LCD TVs , fancy lighting , glass structures doesn't make a hospital world class
It's the medical equipments and doctors which make a hospital world class

I hope you know even basic transplant operations can't be done in your country
Pakistanis form a major part of medical tourists to India
If Pakistanis didn't exist we Indian doctors would have died of hunger :lol:

Götterdämmerung;3152209 said:
Sure, India has medical facilities as good as ours, but how many of them have reached our standard and how many people have access to them? That is the most important question! What's the use of having good hospitals when the majority doesn't have access to them? Just look at the chart of life expectancy by country!

Medical tourism is nothing to be proud of when the majority of Indians still have sub-standard medical treatment and the best you have are either reserved to the richest of India or middle class foreigners who want fast access to organ transplants.

I said the same thing in my post ..
You repeated the same thing in your post

And why shouldn't I be proud of Medical tourism ??
It helps us doctors to relocate the money earned by foreign patients to the Indian patients
For e.g. My dad gives free medicines and discounts to poor people

This is the thing I admire about India, even though they are still a poor country, they are trying so hard to improve the life of all it's people. The Indian people are on the right tack, and it's amazing to me how much effort they are making to try and stamp out poverty, I wish Indian and it's people all the love, and best wishes, walk tall India and you will get there.

Sorry but India does not have world class heath care, a small percentage of hospitals who cater to the rich and the foreign tourist are world class, but have a look around India you will see that about 90% of the Indian health care system is bettered compared to Africa.

I admire India, but I think seriously some Indians really need a reality check, I have lived in many countries and trust me the public health care system in Australia alone would put Indian public health care to shame.

Sorry but India does not have world class heath care, a small percentage of hospitals who cater to the rich and the foreign tourist are world class, but have a look around India you will see that about 90% of the Indian health care system is bettered compared to Africa.

I admire India, but I think seriously some Indians really need a reality check, I have lived in many countries and trust me the public health care system in Australia alone would put Indian public health care to shame.

Dude ..
Did U read my previous post ??
I said few hospitals are world class which cater to higher class and medical tourists ..
We have medical tourists even coming from Middle East and whole of South Asia
No where did I claim we have the best healthcare in the world
Infact our government hospitals are one of the worst coz of low health budget by government

In other countries doctors prefer working in gov hospitals .. Here in India docs don't even touch gov hospitals by a 15 feet pole :lol:

D
In other countries doctors prefer working in gov hospitals .. Here in India docs don't even touch gov hospitals by a 15 feet pole :lol:

According to you ,how much salary would it take for an Indian doctor to work in a Govt hospital..if money is the case that is.

Götterdämmerung;3146186 said:
What does world class-mean? Is it going to be like the one we have in Germany or France or is it going to be a new Indian definition like how your politicians were propagating the world-class facilities before the CWG?

But it's nonetheless a good step.
World class means something that works for us.. enough?

According to you ,how much salary would it take for an Indian doctor to work in a Govt hospital..if money is the case that is.

which can make sense of endless night outs in their 10 years of study ( MBBS + specialization ).

Back
Top Bottom