What's new

India to give free medicine to hundreds of millions

Is this another idea mooted by the NAC?How is the government even going to fund this when our fiscal deficit is already too much.Borrow more money?These large scale welfare schemes are not efficient at all and like others this too is bound to fail.We need to stop being a welfare state.

Is this another idea mooted by the NAC?How is the government even going to fund this when our fiscal deficit is already too much.Borrow more money?These large scale welfare schemes are not efficient at all and like others this too is bound to fail.We need to stop being a welfare state.

There is difference between Investment on soco economical dev programs and wasteful spending.

IF money given produces returns it does not become a loss but a performing asset.

The Asset(Human assets) that get saved ,end up as tax payers giving there dues via indirect taxes on unsubsidized commodities in the long run.

Money spent inside the country isn't actually lost,but it rather goes into the pockets of the suppliers distributer etc and also in the pockets of the poor,in the form of Savings . In other words this is where the money gains value, by being withing the market.

Now only if we have enough doctors to go around. If it was me I would take a portion of this money and start Medical Colleges like crazy and saturate the market with doctors.

Now only if we have enough doctors to go around. If it was me I would take a portion of this money and start Medical Colleges like crazy and saturate the market with doctors.

Making a new doctor would take 5 and half years just for the UnderGraduates
While medicines subsidy can start from tomorrow itself

And government is investing a lot in medical colleges too .
My college has 100 seats , now they are increased by 50 from next year

Making a new doctor would take 5 and half years just for the UnderGraduates
While medicines subsidy can start from tomorrow itself

And government is investing a lot in medical colleges too .
My college has 100 seats , now they are increased by 50 from next year

These are not my words but by Dr. Shetty, the famous heart surgeon from Banglore. According to him the reason we don't have enough doctors in rural areas is bcs doctors like any professionals like to work in urban areas and still urban areas in India have a lot of openings for doctors. So produce enough doctors , saturate the urban market, so that doctors will be forced to move to urban areas for work. Also according to him, what makes medical education in India expensive is the archaic laws that has to be followed while building a Medical College . Yes it takes 5 1/2 years to educate a doctor, but honestly I believe currently care of a doctor is more needed in India than free medicine. We have only 1 doctor for every 2000 people and many of the doctors leave for foreign countries and people in rural areas die even from a fever and child birth. So lets stabilize this situation first.

How much do you think the Indian Health Minister will take in black money over this big money decision?

My brother did his MBBS from JIPMER. If i am not wrong, there was a super specialty ward coming up and all the diagnosis were free.. It always used to be filled up with so many people from villages... Even the medicines were free there..

SO i think such provisions which have no0w been proposed were already there in many states.

My brother did his MBBS from JIPMER. If i am not wrong, there was a super specialty ward coming up and all the diagnosis were free.. It always used to be filled up with so many people from villages... Even the medicines were free there..

SO i think such provisions which have no0w been proposed were already there in many states.

In Kerala we have something called Neethi Medical Stores that gives medicine at a price lower than the market price.

Medical facility in India is better than many places in the world. Google world class.

It's not difficult to be better than many places of the world if those places are Somalia, Congo or Mali.

I'm sure India has a few excellent facilities as well, but the question is whether the slum dwellers have access to these few facilities or they are reserved forvery rich Indians and foreigners who are not rich enough for five stars medical treatments in private hospitals in Switzerland or Germany but affordable in India.

I know what world-class means, I have it here 24/7 in all aspects.

India should consider to expand this service to SAARC also.

Some other South Asian countries already have this facility... including universal free healthcare (includes dental care).

Back
Top Bottom