What's new

India to Deploy active Nuclear Defence within 2 years.

Nuclear weapons are the ultimate deterrence, and all this talk of India having the biggest and most sophisticated anti missile defence in 2020 of whatever year is all BIG talk from people who live in a nation that has yet to fullfill it's expectations, please, spare me the jingoism and don't get too excited.

The only reason this was developed was so that nuclear weapons donot pose as the ultimate deterrance. .

BIG talk from people who live in a nation that has yet to fullfill it's expectations

Every nations is yet to fullfill its expectations that is what drives them. I wonder if Pakistan has fullfilled its expectations by becoming the international ridicule it is now.

God I try to get so much facts for u guys n all that I get in return are such nationalistic reply....phew

Don't waste your time, your posts are as nationalistic as mine, I mean, especially when you defend India's "nuclear defence" especially within 2 years. :rofl:

The only reason this was developed was so that nuclear weapons donot pose as the ultimate deterrance. .

Every nations is yet to fullfill its expectations that is what drives them. I wonder if Pakistan has fullfilled its expectations by becoming the international ridicule it is now.

LOL, all i'm saying is, don't get too excited, you might be dissapointed once you see Delhi full with nuclear radiation. :lol:

Also, I wonder why you bring Pakistan's expectations into this, our expectations are that your "nuclear defence" will only be able to intercept rocks thrown from one side of the border to the other, spare me your indian jingoism.

Don't waste your time, your posts are as nationalistic as mine, I mean, especially when you defend India's "nuclear defence" especially within 2 years. :rofl:

LOL read my post carefully...as per my calculations 2015 or 2020 wont come in 2 yrs

LOL read my post carefully...as per my calculations 2015 or 2020 wont come in 2 yrs

We shall see by then, but don't take anything for granted, things are publicized or said out in the open to boost a nations morale and confidence, now that's all great and well, but reality always points out otherwise, and i'm interested that by 2015 or 2020 if we will hear anything of this project.

We shall see by then, but don't take anything for granted, things are publicized or said out in the open to boost a nations morale and confidence, now that's all great and well, but reality always points out otherwise, and i'm interested that by 2015 or 2020 if we will hear anything of this project.

Yes I agree with u completely that some times things are hyped up....mostly due to the overenthusiastic media...but I for one have very strong reasons to beleive that this is not "just another project"...All the parties involved with this project are in full support of this project and they will go to any lengths to achieve the required objectives....we have the same determination that Pakistan once had to go "nuclear".

Nuclear threat in India is perceived far more seriously than one can even imagine...that s y u l notice that this project was kicked off immedietly after Pakistan tested Nukes...it was a super top secretive project till the first interceptor was tested by DRDO...now they have had three concecutive successful interceptor tests....DRDO is even colaborating with Israel on their Arrow systems

I have never seen such single minded determination to achieve something even within DRDO....I am saying this because I am quite close to a lot of scientists working on this project....to top it all all the politacal parties that have a chance of coming to power have pledged full support to the project at any given point of time

I have listed more reasons in my previous posts...the plan atleatst looks foolproof...if they achieve the desired results or not only time will tell...but as I said even if the whole system just manages to intercept the first strike from any country it gives India a solid excuse to use its own Nukes and that is a big defense in itself

It was due to software error,basically a timing error which go on increasing as the system was active for more than 100 hours and that did it.However it was rectified and corrected.

whatever. Do you think, Americans will tell you truth. I don't think so. Because if they got the truth, then how americans sell this system to other countries. it is even not difficult for the missile to doge ABM.

whatever. Do you think, Americans will tell you truth. I don't think so. Because if they got the truth, then how americans sell this system to other countries. it is even not difficult for the missile to doge ABM.

Official response
U.S. GAO - Patriot Missile Defense: Software Problem Led to System Failure at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

EXPLANATION

Further inquiries cleared up the mystery. It turns out that the hypothesis concerning the truncated binary representation of 0.1 was essentially correct. A 24-bit representation of 0.1 was used to multiply the clock-time, yielding a result in a pair of 24-bit registers. This was transformed into a 48-bit floating-point number. The software used had been written in assembly language 20 years ago. When Patriot systems were brought into the Gulf conflict, the software was modified (several times) to cope with the high speed of ballistic missiles, for which the system was not originally designed.

Roundoff Error and the Patriot Missile

Official response
U.S. GAO - Patriot Missile Defense: Software Problem Led to System Failure at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

EXPLANATION

Further inquiries cleared up the mystery. It turns out that the hypothesis concerning the truncated binary representation of 0.1 was essentially correct. A 24-bit representation of 0.1 was used to multiply the clock-time, yielding a result in a pair of 24-bit registers. This was transformed into a 48-bit floating-point number. The software used had been written in assembly language 20 years ago. When Patriot systems were brought into the Gulf conflict, the software was modified (several times) to cope with the high speed of ballistic missiles, for which the system was not originally designed.

Roundoff Error and the Patriot Missile

Whatever be the reasons the fact is that India finds the entire Patriot program suspect. That s y India keeps refusing to accept these systems despite continuous pressure from US to abandon our indigenous missile defense program in return for the Patriot systems.

The Israeli Arrow systems are far more capable and potent than the Patriot system. India is even considering joint development with the Israelis.

Seriously US has a long way to go before they can master the Patriot systems...dat s y u see DRDO regularly claiming superior performance of the indigenous systems over the Patriot

Back
Top Bottom