What's new

India to Deploy active Nuclear Defence within 2 years.

oh i see. i have some questions for you. how can a balistic missile from a bilistic missile. Pirthavi is a bilistic missile. If a bilistic missile change its course then what can you do? because all other nations ABM systems are also SAMs. E.g. Patriot and Arrow.
Secondly. Did you tested on Pakistani or chinese missile.?
and last thing about Americans sir. Yes an Indian made the Pentium chip. can you tell me who made the Intel chips before and after the Pentium and what about the Intel Xeon, Atom and Itanium processors. Tell me about the AMD processors. Sir, making a Pentium CHip with a floating point bug (It cost Intel $500 million in 1994). does not mean that you become the master of making processor. you could not make your Tank, Aircraft and Agni missile system properly and telling the world about th success of the indian ABM system.
Remember ABM system is just a waste of money. Which indian DRDO is known for it. Wasting tax payers money.

Pirthavi is a bilistic missile. If a bilistic missile change its course then what can you do? because all other nations ABM systems are also SAMs. E.g. Patriot and Arrow

I have said explained how zig-zag motion of missiles can be counterd by multi-launch above. Read it.

Secondly. Did you tested on Pakistani or chinese missile.?

Lol. If these are the sort of arguments I have to face, I would probably would rather choose to leave this foum. Did we have to test the nukes on Pakistan to tell us they work? Pakistan/Chinese Missiles are not made of any alien technology. Just because they have the word "Pakistan" written on them doesnt mean they would start performing unknown acrobatics in the air. This system can counter everything from African Missiles to Russian missiles.

Yes an Indian made the Pentium chip. can you tell me who made the Intel chips before and after the Pentium and what about the Intel Xeon, Atom and Itanium processors. Tell me about the AMD processors. Sir, making a Pentium CHip with a floating point bug (It cost Intel $500 million in 1994). does not mean that you become the master of making processor.

Well apart from making the pentium chip. Indians are also responsibke for development AMDx86 chips and Intel Quad-Core chips. All teams who developed a chip in the past had atleast 1 Indian member on board Its a well known fact.

Remember ABM system is just a waste of money. Which indian DRDO is known for it. Wasting tax payers money

Its my money. And I love the way it is being used.

I have said explained how zig-zag motion of missiles can be counterd by multi-launch above. Read it.

Lol. If these are the sort of arguments I have to face, I would probably would rather choose to leave this foum. Did we have to test the nukes on Pakistan to tell us they work? Pakistan/Chinese Missiles are not made of any alien technology. Just because they have the word "Pakistan" written on them doesnt mean they would start performing unknown acrobatics in the air. This system can counter everything from African Missiles to Russian missiles.

Well apart from making the pentium chip. Indians are also responsibke for development AMDx86 chips and Intel Quad-Core chips. All teams who developed a chip in the past had atleast 1 Indian member on board Its a well known fact.

And for your knowledge pakistani also work there. So, if you were there then atleast one pakistani is also there in development team. ;)

I fully agree on the later part of your comment but where are the generals working in the big ???????????????.

:rofl: Do you honestly think your "shield" will stop incoming Pakistani nukes?
What's all the excitement about. :rofl:

There s more to the Indian missile defense shield than just PAD n AAD. Read on.

The DRDO system is a two pahse one. Once the first phase is ready it will be installed to protect most sensitive installations in India like Nuke reactors, major cities, major defense industries. DRDO believes that they can achieve more than 99% efficiency if they protect limited targets.

The phase two project will take the system one step further n will encompass very very sophisticated radars n detection systems built ingeniously or with whatever foreign help available. The second phase may even include laser powered defensive systems. India will settle only for the very best. MOD is ready to invest anything into the project if DRDO promises a fool proof system. Since, DRDO has got a head start in the project with all successful tests, the MOD is positive about the outcome and the time frame suggested by DRDO.

A complete Indian ballistic missile defense strategy would have been drawn by the time the second phase is ready. This will include ariel surveillance using UAVs, spy sattelites, AWACS etc. HUMINT will also be involved to a large extent. ISRO s also cooperating in building some of the meanest spy satellites ever built by India. ISRO already has the capability to to build satellites with 1m resolution (CARTOSAT). Future spy satellites will have less than 10cm resolution. (btw an Israeli spy satellite with 12cm res was launched by ISRO PSLV recently). With this it is believed that India will be able to detect any nuclear activity in any suspect neighboring countries well before the launch of any missile.

Once everything is in place a command centre will be set up for 24/7/365 monitoring. If everything goes according to plan the missile defense shield is expected to cover the entire country from threats from IRBMS, ICBMS, cruise missiles and even aircrafts. The basic defense will start from long range SAMs, PAD, AAD n whatever will come out of the 2nd phase.

India plans to have the most comprehensive missile defense shield in the world by 2020 incorporating all that I have mentioned above. The PAD n AAD will be in place in limited nums to protect sensitive targets by 2011-2012. The second phase will be in place by 2015-2016 and the entire shield completed by 2020. 2020 will be the magic number for Indian military.

ABM is a joke. Americans could not able to built it. how did you able to built?

America's threat emanates from thousands of miles across its borders from Russia, Iran, North Korea, Libya etc. whereas India's emanates from China n Pakistan. USA for fool proof protection needs to install missile defense systems throughout the suspected trajectories of the missiles in various countries (remember Poland issue with Russia?).

On the other hand India for the time being only needs to bother bout its immediate neighbors. USA also has to deal with a vastly superior Russian technology like TOPOL which can pierce any missile defense.

So this logic of US couldn't so you can't doesn't apply here buddy. Anyway India is not giving up its offensive capabilities for a missile defense system. These are parallel projects undertaken for different purpose by different scientists. So if this missile defense is capable of intercepting the first strike from Pakistan it gives India an excuse to use its own nukes as we have a no first use policy like China's.

Guys quad core s a passe. Check this out....

India's pride: The world's first six-core microchip!

This is a bunch of crap...

"He said the new guidance system in the missile allowed it to tackle the maneuvers of enemy's incoming missile and could be used against the Russian Topol M class of missiles, which move in a zig-zag manner."

it's impossible to hit a missile armed with a warhead that maneuvers, let alone the Russian Topol M class ICBM's. hitting any ballistic missile is nearly impossible, even for all the computing power and radar/satellite tracking power of the US. again, we have to listen to this DRDO crap, let's just wait and see what happens.

the only practical and viable option is to hit a missile in its launch/boost phase. there were two plans to do this, one was the Reagan era's Star Wars "brilliant pebbles" and the other is or was the recent ABL or Air borne laser. Both of these plans have turned out to be wet dreams.

these guys are dreaming if they think that they can hit a two-stage (soon to be three) missile with a maneuverable warhead. you can't compute and predict its trajectory if it keeps on changing its flight path, direction and speed. it's said that hitting a missile can be compared to hitting a bullet with a bullet. even Shaheen 1 is more than enough.

I suggest people take this with a pinch of salt.

Nuclear threat to India is vastly different from that to USA. Read my posts above. All the computing power of USA??????? If you haven't realized India regularly features in the top 10 of world's fastest super computers.

30th Edition of TOP500 List of World’s Fastest Supercomputers

This was in 2007. Now I think the same system is ranked or so I guess. CDAC, Pune, TATA's Computational Research Laboratories and Prof. Karmarkar's Lab in pune are independently working on some high tech. architectures to build the world's fastest supercomps.

One more thing, the existing supercomps in India are more than enough to predict the trajectories of any missile however complicated and time dependent it be. It is possible!!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing that lacks is the Radar system which will be developed well before 2012.

Nuclear threat to India is vastly different from that to USA. Read my posts above. All the computing power of USA??????? If you haven't realized India regularly features in the top 10 of world's fastest super computers.

30th Edition of TOP500 List of World’s Fastest Supercomputers

This was in 2007. Now I think the same system is ranked or so I guess. CDAC, Pune, TATA's Computational Research Laboratories and Prof. Karmarkar's Lab in pune are independently working on some high tech. architectures to build the world's fastest supercomps.

One more thing, the existing supercomps in India are more than enough to predict the trajectories of any missile however complicated and time dependent it be. It is possible!!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing that lacks is the Radar system which will be developed well before 2012.

Eka is now on number 13. secondly you did not make it. TATA bought HP servers, which is an American Company. You just connected them. using Intel Processors, which are made in China ;). I believe your ABM is similar to the Arjun Tank and $10 Laptop ( Which turns out a massive USB Stick sorry a USB Brick).
can You develop radar? buying radar for Tejas from russia. Which radar have you made sir?

Last edited:
It would be a sad day for Pakistan if it doesnt turn out that way.

As an Indian, it bugs many to see arms being given by US on soft loans ,military aid and whatnot being given to Pakistan. But what the hell, you cant have everything your way right?
Chill Jihad, life's just cool the way it is!

Oh no, I'm not losing any sleep over it, i'm just talking on a nationalistic level, ofcourse it bugs me as a Pakistani to see India get acces to high tech Israeli hardware while Pakistan barely gets its hands on new technology due to Uncle Sam's sanctions, I mean, it's natural right?
And ofcourse it bugs you and your whole country when Pakistan gets it's hands on something, even if it was a toy from toys-r-us for the GoP, your media and your nation would be crying and doing everything in order to prevent any deal to happen, you know that it's true and that India continues to whine about anything that Pakistan may get while India itself gets it's hands on almost everything it wants to acquire.

Anyways,

Nuclear weapons are the ultimate deterrence, and all this talk of India having the biggest and most sophisticated anti missile defence in 2020 of whatever year is all BIG talk from people who live in a nation that has yet to fullfill it's expectations, please, spare me the jingoism and don't get too excited.

Eka is now on number 13. secondly you did not make it. TATA bought HP servers, which is an American Company. You just connected them. using Intel Processors, which are made in China ;). I believe your ABM is similar to the Arjun Tank and $10 Laptop ( Which turns out a massive USB Stick sorry a USB Brick).
You will develop. buying radar for Tejas from russia. Which radar have you made sir?

u still dont get it do u? In India we have a slightly different understanding of indigenous tech...correct me if I am wrong but any tech that can be used to develop a certain product at any given point of time without external interference is indigenous tech...now if dat comes frm US or Russia or anywhere it does'nt matter....one neednt reinvent the wheel all the time u see...eka is a tata product...he holds the IP for it and he can use it for any purpose he wants...whether it is 100% Indian or not is totally irrelevant.

n as far as China making Intel chips is concerned they only manufacture them...all the rnd happens in India n US. Intel has its biggest rnd outside US in India. Probably u didnt read my post on 6 core Microprocessor.

So dont talk about national pride here....Eka was literally made single handedly by Prof. Karmarkar. Now he does nt work for Tata anymore. He s currently working on a revolutionary vertical architecture for MPs using principles of Nanotechnolgy and is on the brink of developing the world's fastest super computer. In fact Tata n Prof. Karmarkar split over the IP issues for this very computer. TATA, CDAC n Karmarkar r in the race for the fastest super comp.

and anyway these r too high end for measuring the trajectories of missiles. ISRO has several telemetry n tracking station around India that are enuf to measure the trajectories of any missiles (btw they tracked Chandrayaan's progress to the moon using these). Anyway DRDO n ISRO r two diff organizations. DRDO wont even ask for ISRO's help. they will come up with their own Radars for specific requirements.

Oh no, I'm not losing any sleep over it, i'm just talking on a nationalistic level, ofcourse it bugs me as a Pakistani to see India get acces to high tech Israeli hardware while Pakistan barely gets its hands on new technology due to Uncle Sam's sanctions, I mean, it's natural right?
And ofcourse it bugs you and your whole country when Pakistan gets it's hands on something, even if it was a toy from toys-r-us for the GoP, your media and your nation would be crying and doing everything in order to prevent any deal to happen, you know that it's true and that India continues to whine about anything that Pakistan may get while India itself gets it's hands on almost everything it wants to acquire.

Anyways,

Nuclear weapons are the ultimate deterrence, and all this talk of India having the biggest and most sophisticated anti missile defence in 2020 of whatever year is all BIG talk from people who live in a nation that has yet to fullfill it's expectations, please, spare me the jingoism and don't get too excited.

God I try to get so much facts for u guys n all that I get in return are such nationalistic reply....phew

Whose 'expectations'? Pakistan's? I thot it was ur gov n Army's responsibility. As far as Indian expectations are considered I dont think any Indian is loosing his sleep over it...so chill man

how many. in reality they say they didi not intercept even one missile.

Please check this

The Patriot Missile. Performance in the Gulf War Reviewed
During the Gulf War, the Patriot was assigned to shoot down incoming Iraqi Scud or Al-Hussein Missiles launched at Israel and Saudi Arabia. The U.S. Army which was in charge of the Patriots claimed an initial success rate of 80% in Saudi Arabia and 50% in Israel. Those claims were scaled back to 70 and 40 percent. (See Frontline, WGBH Educational Foundation: "The Gulf War" and "Gulf War-A comprehensive guide to people, places and weapons" by Boyne, Walter Colonel U.S.A.F. (Ret), Signet 1991) (Part of the reason the success rate was 30% higher in Saudi Arabia than is Israel is that in Saudi Arabia the Patriots merely had to push the incoming Scud missiles away from military targets in the desert or disable the Scud's warhead in order to avoid casualties, while in Israel the Scuds were aimed directly at cities and civilian populations.The Saudi Government also censored any reporting of Scud damage by the Saudi press. The Israeli Government did not institute the same type of censorship. Furthermore, the Patriot's success rate in Israel was examined by the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) who did not have a political reason to play up the Patriots success rate and even had reasons to downplay the Patriot's success rate. The IDF counted any Scud that exploded on the ground (regardless of whether or not it was diverted) as a failure for the Patriot. Meanwhile the U.S. Army who had many reasons to support a high success rate for the Patriots, examined the performance of the Patriots in Saudi Arabia.)

Back
Top Bottom