What's new

India to Cut Stealth Fighter Order by Third

AMCA will remain plane of indian fantasy as LCA will remain plane for indian museum. .As for india cutting down on numbers of T-50 is due to economic reason.india is in decline and it will cut on many defence expenditure programs in coming future.

amca being fantsay is bull....Its ecstacy...:yahoo:

LCA will join the IAF soon.....Indian musuem yu gotta be kidding.....

Economic downturn ...yes we are going through a bad phase.....but so are the rest of economies..remember the T 50 payment is spread over the years so budgetary allocation aint a problem....with all the news of black money etc i dont think we are short of money..:cheesy:

may be the order revision is the balancing act of a unease over russian project management...le .gorshkov affaire...

but over all capital costs are going to come under scrutiny as all three forces are on a whirl wind modernization and rationalization of spendinng will become the focus of MOD.....economy is gonna be a mjor factor on how and where do we reach post modernisation phase......or it mayy be the just right spur for enhanced domestic production of development R&D and co production....remember the offsets gonna give a huge impetus to our industry...whoc have been left out of the share of pie till late.....

hope this satisfies yur pangs of economic gloom for India.....

FGFA is not stealth :P Even PAKFA has 0.5 rcs , it may have final rcs of 1m2 , so FGFA will have more signature . Eurofighter would have better rcs than FGFA . India knew that hence decrease in orders .

I think the research organizations around the world instead of developing radar chambers should employ few chinese for the job.

Most of them are capable of determining RCS figures using their eyes.

FGFA is not stealth :P Even PAKFA has 0.5 rcs , it may have final rcs of 1m2 , so FGFA will have more signature . Eurofighter would have better rcs than FGFA . India knew that hence decrease in orders .

I think you need to research.. At worst rcs of PAKFA will be 0.17 m^2.. I hope u didn't read that full guide of pakfa written by David markov and Andrew Hull..
Better read it.. very useful for naive members and other chikni chamelis..:agree:

Wonder if 3 Sqns are based in Bagdogra - What will be BAFs reaction ?

What do you expect? BAF will deploy 8th generation UCAV, to crush Indian hegemony flown by few PDF members from their playstation joystick. Rest of the Bangladesh is happy to have friendly relation with India. :smokin:

What do you expect? BAF will deploy 8th generation UCAV, to crush Indian hegemony flown by few PDF members from their playstation joystick. Rest of the Bangladesh is happy to have friendly relation with India. :smokin:

oh..sh!tt that was funny :pop::pop:

good that we have reduced the initial numbers, it will give us more clear idea about the per unit cost which usually involves R&D, Design and Development cost/number of units produced..when its a greenfield project!

If it is too high, then better we look around for better/alternate options or invest in our own product!

Truth survive in a painful way for ya.

Before consider AMCA, remove LCA from development hell. It keeps on getting more delays.

All in good time my man.Our adversaries can hardly match what we have already operational.I agree though, that there is slight cause of concern but nothing huge.

So DRDO and HAL can afford Some more Lab(Testing and Development) time and come up with a product more in sync with the times and not some "on the brink of being obsolete" tech and then hoping for stealthy upgrades and integrating UFO tech while trying to sleep at night.:no:

Keep the criticism up.Keeps us on the toes.

P.S.-I hope I dint get too obvious with the second paragraph.

I think the research organizations around the world instead of developing radar chambers should employ few chinese for the job.

Most of them are capable of determining RCS figures using their eyes.

What are u talking abt ? By looking at the pic, they even determine what kind of radars and avionics used by merely looking at the blur pic of a plane.

Ah Munshi achieved what he intended to do...... Posting threads which is already discussed to core. Any way these are not the final numbers. I am glad that the IAF is going for single seat version instead of the two seat version. Good move nevertheless.

I think you need to research.. At worst rcs of PAKFA will be 0.17 m^2.. I hope u didn't read that full guide of pakfa written by David markov and Andrew Hull..
Better read it.. very useful for naive members and other chikni chamelis..:agree:
Its you who should do some research , there are many articles saying the rcs of PAKFA , when you add missiles and pods it becomes more , when you add extra dimension it worsens .

If the news is correct, it can mean one of two things:
1. Somethings superior is in offing/development.
2. The threat perception that IAF foresees has changed.
As for the economic reasons behind the reduction, India doesnot have to make the entire payment at one go. The whole cost is spread over the years (10-15), and this should give exchequer some breathing space even with the high costs.
And does anyone see FGFA meeting Eurofighter in combat in near future :what:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom