What's new

India to buy NASAMS-2 missiles from USA

NASAMS are more focused towards aircraft. Id love to see them work against a volley of some 30 warheads where only 2 are enough to do the damage.

Keep buying, still will have irradiated and roasted Indian flesh when all is done.

NASAMS are more focused towards aircraft. Id love to see them work against a volley of some 30 warheads where only 2 are enough to do the damage.

Keep buying, still will have irradiated and roasted Indian flesh when all is done.
I assume pakistani flesh will be immune to radiation and roasting .

DjPp2ugU0AEgQm-
Good, next will be David's Sling. Then India will have all system except Chinese for their Museum.

Kid, he was here since you were not born and Oscar is backbone and highly respected in both side of border. Try to learn and earn respect.

I assume pakistani flesh will be immune to radiation and roasting .
Oh no. But in the end, its 100-200 million versus 5 times that?

Nuclear roasting makes you question moderation? Which isnt even in question here
Typical call center trash.

Wait , are you a moderator?? Geez the bar has surely fallen drastically.
Wait, you're an Indian? No, actually you are by the quality of your posts elsewhere.

Sir ji,
Just relax. I have seen his posts for long time and he's a knowledgeable guy. Its just that he's trolling here
PDF mei serious nahi hona
Shush, please let the mystery remain to these new bhaktis.

Oh no. But in the end, its 100-200 million versus 5 times that?

Nuclear roasting makes you question moderation? Which isnt even in question here
Typical call center trash.

Wait, you're an Indian? No, actually you are by the quality of your posts elsewhere.

Shush, please let the mystery remain to these new bhaktis.
Dear sir... Once you are dead .. it's over . Does it matter 5 x enemies were killed or not .
And if every thing has to come down to nuclear roasting why invest in anything else like JF 17/ al khalid/ submarines etc etc.

i dont think india can afford both s400 n this system.

it certainly has to be one of them.

i dont think india can afford both s400 n this system.

it certainly has to be one of them.

The SAMs that we are currently purchasing or in the process of purchasing.

Akash
Barak 8, Barak 8ER
SPYDER
QRSAM
Shtil
Indian BMD
S-400
NASAMS
MANPADS
AAA

Out of all these, NASAMS is the smallest deal.

And there are a few more in the works apart from all the above.

The SAMs that we are currently purchasing or in the process of purchasing.

Akash
Barak 8, Barak 8ER
SPYDER
QRSAM
Shtil
Indian BMD
S-400
NASAMS
MANPADS
AAA

Out of all these, NASAMS is the smallest deal.

And there are a few more in the works apart from all the above.
that just proves my point.

Dear sir... Once you are dead .. it's over . Does it matter 5 x enemies were killed or not .
And if every thing has to come down to nuclear roasting why invest in anything else like JF 17/ al khalid/ submarines etc etc.

It's all green, brah, everything's green.

51057J%2BJIzL.jpg

that just proves my point.

The point is our appetite is really big for SAMs right now.

To put it into perspective, the MANPADS deal is expected to be above $5B. And the Akash is already above $5B and is expected to cross $10B over time. Whereas, the NASAMS is less than $1B.

It's all green, brah, everything's green.

51057J%2BJIzL.jpg

The point is our appetite is really big for SAMs right now.

To put it into perspective, the MANPADS deal is expected to be above $5B. And the Akash is already above $5B and is expected to cross $10B over time. Whereas, the NASAMS is less than $1B.
u do realize that S400 is also somewhere in 8 billion mark?

No matter what, any one of the systems in the list will be cancelled, if not s400 or this system then something else!

But it will be, u cant have this much money that yr entire Def. Budget is going to be spend on SAMs.

That detective, is the right question.
It is the very core business question that the global arms industry aims to address.
If we all have nuclear weapons and in the case of India and Pakistan a 10-15 minute warning at best since we all have IRBM’s; we have no chance even if both sides had current anti ballistic missile systems.. yet.. we buy them.

u do realize that S400 is also somewhere in 8 billion mark?

No matter what, any one of the systems in the list will be cancelled, if not s400 or this system then something else!

But it will be, u cant have this much money that yr entire Def. Budget is going to be spend on SAMs.

The S-400 is between 5 and 6B.

We wouldn't be approving projects that we can't afford. The intention is to buy the stuff anyway. If there is no money, then the project will get delayed to when money becomes available again.

These are all mid to long term projects that will take at least 5 years. So that's 5 years's worth of defence spending.

Out of the 9 missile systems I have named, 5 are already being delivered, and out of the remaining 4, 2 will be signed within the year and 2 after a year. Apart from these 9 projects, there are many other projects coming up. So buying the NASAMS is not such a significant decision financially.

Back
Top Bottom