What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

So even govt confused abt mmrca.wow
Nothing to get confused . He just made his point on why 36 rafl needed . He dint talk on MMRCA because negotiations are already on. We need to put pressure on French to get a good dealdeal . Even if we buy Su35S it will be for Jags replacement . Rafale has its own place. As of now IN , Nuclear force will go for Rafale no matter what. So its wise for IAF to get Rafael to replace Mig27 . Mig21 will be replaced with Tejas. We need 180+ rafale

Dassault is planning to increase the production capabilities to 30 in coming years... So i'd say its possible to add 36 in 2 years.. but not right now... most probably first batch would arrive in india by 2017

Buy Su 35 MKI out of saved money with the condition that Russia will not sell that to china. Nothing morden than Su 30 MKK to be sold to china.

Buy Su 35 MKI out of saved money with the condition that Russia will not sell that to china. Nothing morden than Su 30 MKK to be sold to china.

it takes 8 years for India to get only 36 units Rafales and it only takes less than one year for China to produce same amount of J10b. you guys shall try harder to catch up. we are waiting for you at the finishing line.
You'e the same guy who was claiming it would take until 2019 for India to get the BARAK-8 and deliveries are baing made this year, now you are saying it will take EIGHT years to get 36 Rafales?

Sorry but the Defence Minister of India doesn't agree with you- it will take 2 years.

Nothing to get confused . He just made his point on why 36 rafl needed . He dint talk on MMRCA because negotiations are already on. We need to put pressure on French to get a good dealdeal . Even if we buy Su35S it will be for Jags replacement . Rafale has its own place. As of now IN , Nuclear force will go for Rafale no matter what. So its wise for IAF to get Rafael to replace Mig27 . Mig21 will be replaced with Tejas. We need 180+ rafale

Just hope so. But something big going to happen with tejas next month:yahoo::yahoo:

ASMP-A air-launched nuclear missiles is irrelevant to export customers like India and Egypt and that capability will be taken off the fighters for India.

Whatttt !!!!! Is this a mistake ? For Egypt nuclear delivery system will be taken off ... why for India ?

And as per this article F3. R won't be able to fire Meteor Missiles ? Only upgraded F4 can fire them ?

wow, just went thru the thread and I'm......... still confused :sick:

so 36 French produced Rafales confirmed, what about the rest of the 90 ?.. a mix of Indian made Rafales and/or Russian fighters ? :what:

The right decission which I had been advocating for long time. Except spectra, there is nothing in Rafale which we can not buy very cheaply from other sources. MKI TOT, we are manufacturing almost 80% more powerful engine. We are soon going to have AESA Uttam. We have made very nice progress in EW too. So there is no need to spend additional 8 to 10 Bn USD for such shitty TOT. Buy that in fly away condition.

I will forward your suggesions.to PM & DM. :D

The right decission which I had been advocating for long time. Except spectra, there is nothing in Rafale which we can not buy very cheaply from other sources. MKI TOT, we are manufacturing almost 80% more powerful engine. We are soon going to have AESA Uttam. We have made very nice progress in EW too. So there is no need to spend additional 8 to 10 Bn USD for such shitty TOT. Buy that in fly away condition.

Remaining birds will be bought. B)

Back
Top Bottom