What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

Yes, enough to scare india.

Indian militarily likes to have force at least 3 times bigger than Pakistan in order to feel safe.
That's not how it works, they have a military that their threat perception and economy dictates. In the past the threat perception was less (China wasn't as omnipresent on the minds of Indian military planners) and the Indian economy couldn't support a particularly impressive military- both of these factors are no longer present and hence a rapidly growing Indian military and this is just the start......

Seems like a knee jerk reaction by India to Pakistan's recent acquisition of 13 F-16s from Jordan.
Of course, ordinarily you would need 3 F-16s to cover 1 Rafale but when you have 1 F-16 in the hands of a PAF pilot you need 3 Rafales piloted by weak Indians, and even that may not be enough :(

haha, well I'm not much of a drinker mate- I guess it has just been a pretty good day, preordered an Apple Watch and the long awaited Rafale and AREVA deals came to India, who can help getting a little cheery? :D

AH!!!! u suck dude, I can't put u on my friends list now. You're a APPLE fan.
U are suppose to be the "know everything guy", how did u screw up on this one :tsk::tsk:
Samsung is way better.

AH!!!! u suck dude, I can't put u on my friends list now. You're a APPLE fan.
U are suppose to be the "know everything guy", how did u screw up on this one :tsk::tsk:
Samsung is way better.
hahaha, sadly you are not the first person to tell this to me I have been on the receiving end of a lot of insults because of my love of all things Apple :p:

hahaha, sadly you are not the first person to tell this to me I have been on the receiving end of a lot of insults because of my love of all things Apple :p:

Im gonna let u off the hook this time, but if i hear u bought an apple product again, Im just gonna have to ban u.

So after 14 years of negotiating how much TOT is forth coming or is this the new strategic "MAKE IN FRANCE" Initiative.

144 units of Rafale is very decent number, It's a great incentives to our Pakistan friend.

while India is building up deals, Pakistan shall do something to respond.

it shall not be only restrained to buy some second handed F16 to cope with Rafale.

@Horus

144 units of Rafale is very decent number, It's a great incentives to our Pakistan friend.

it shall not be only restrained to buy some second handed F16 to cope with Rafale.

@Horus

The Rafale orders can be well above 200 eventually. :D

Hi,

This is far more better option for India as cancelling the deal would mean they would be left with depleting strength of fighters which is way too much to their own standards.

MMRCA was about developing the technology base and infrastructure for hi-tech fighter crafts not about getting merely 60 crafts off the shelf

@Horus

It poses no immediate threat. I'm sure FC-31 will mature right in time for PAF.

Back
Top Bottom