What's new

India to buy 60-63 Rafales jets off the shelf from France; MMRCA deal off:

@Abingdonboy

AB, You are fu(king pumped up today dude, either that or you've cracked a few bottles today. Wuzup with that?
haha, well I'm not much of a drinker mate- I guess it has just been a pretty good day, preordered an Apple Watch and the long awaited Rafale and AREVA deals came to India, who can help getting a little cheery? :D

if your bravado makes you feel happy, then be it, but that is not how long term strategic decisions are made. IAF will buy what meets its doctrinal needs in the backdrop of perceived threats. not what Pak or China can afford or not. It's never about the money, but somehow you guys can never come out of it.

Ones you commit for the 36, you will not go for any new platform, you may however limit it to 36 and acquire more SU30's, but it will not be anything else. It's neither easy nor tactically sound to go for two new similar platforms simultaneously. Setting up maintenance infrastructure, spares, armament would become a nightmare.

From our PIOV, we would love if you get 3 new platforms. get my point.

Mate you took it seriously and to be honest you should have taken it seriously because whatever I wrote was meant to be taken up seriously.

I can't see the pic you posted ?

It works for me. All you need to know is it is another bombshell. We have had so much news/bombshells regarding the Rafale deal lately that its hard to keep up with or differentiate what is real and what is not.

It works for me. All you need to know is it is another bombshell. We have had so much news/bombshells regarding the Rafale deal lately that its hard to keep up with or differentiate what is real and what is not.

(To keep in mind) Actually the official news is that Modi has asked us to provide them 36 Rafale (though the deal needs to be finalized).
Let's wait and see for the rest.

Just woke up mere bhai. Took a eatrly night hoping to wake up just in time for Modiji's historic press conferrence. But thanks to my lazy a$$ attitude , woke up just now.

anyways, :partay: :cheers: :dance3:
Congratulations. :)

:lol:

And looks like we are going for 180+ rafale for IAF alone :flame:

(To keep in mind) Actually the official news is 36 Rafale (though the deal needs to be finalized).
Let's wait and see for the rest.
MMRCA is on !!!! 36 rafale won't solve anything for IAF. These are assurance for our commitment to buy 124 MMRCA . As our Navy will also need at least 40 Rafale M for INS Vishal . In a decade .

if your bravado makes you feel happy, then be it, but that is not how long term strategic decisions are made. IAF will buy what meets its doctrinal needs in the backdrop of perceived threats. not what Pak or China can afford or not. It's never about the money, but somehow you guys can never come out of it.

Ones you commit for the 36, you will not go for any new platform, you may however limit it to 36 and acquire more SU30's, but it will not be anything else. It's neither easy nor tactically sound to go for two new similar platforms simultaneously. Setting up maintenance infrastructure, spares, armament would become a nightmare.

From our PIOV, we would love if you get 3 new platforms. get my point.

I don't understand this point made by our neighbours. Two new platform will create logistic trouble. We already use many different platforms for over 3-4 decades now. And Rafale is not for air superiority as per our doctrine (it's has equal capabilities of air superiority) . Air dominance is usually carried out by MKI at present and in future by Super sukoi , FGFA .

Why this deal is important for us ? Because with this jet we are planned to replace our Migs from 2017 . It's very clear that at least 36 mig 21 will be replaced with this fighter . And 124 MMRCA is still on as per many different sources . This 36 is made to give assurance and our commitment on MMRCA . As anyways our IN will need 40-50 rafaleM for Ins Vishal in 10 years time frame . Our Nuclear forces looking to buy 40+ Rafale . And for IAF we need 124 + 64 was already planned for followOn in MMRCA deal guidelines.

So its not just for IAF but for 2 other forces. Navy and Nuclear task forces . And that's the reason we are willing to pay huge amount for TOT . Or else India will have to develop new platform in short time . Better to get on safe side than putting our eggs in one basket.

Note : IAF already operates Mig 21 , 27, 29, Jags , mirages , MKI and whole lots of Helicopters and transport aircraft In very large numbers so logistics won't be a problem

Modi is doing the right thing by getting it off the shelf. India desperately need these planes and getting them off the shelf is the quickest way.

Why won't India buy all 126 off the shelf and save the TOT money on developing AMCA or buy PAKFA

Modi is doing the right thing by getting it off the shelf. India desperately need these planes and getting them off the shelf is the quickest way.

Why won't India buy all 126 off the shelf and save the TOT money on developing AMCA or buy PAKFA
Because we need more than 124 rafale and we are not some banana Republic to spend all these money on imports. We can afford to build it at Home . Ins Vishal will have RafaleM and Rafale is also preferred for Nuclear delivery 40+40 at least

Seems like a knee jerk reaction by India to Pakistan's recent acquisition of 13 F-16s from Jordan.

Because we need more than 124 rafale and we are not some banana Republic to spend all these money on imports. We can afford to build it at Home . Ins Vishal will have RafaleM and Rafale is also preferred for Nuclear delivery 40+40 at least

Well. It's worse to spend on TOT than import existing planes and spend the money on developing domestic tech.

Yes, enough to scare india.

Indian militarily likes to have force at least 3 times bigger than Pakistan in order to feel safe.
Lol
tapatalk_1412871863582.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom