What's new

India to buy 26 Naval Rafales, 3 Scorpene submarines from France, deals likely to be announced during PM Modi's visit.

You also need to hope as in this France visit there you have signed deal for 3 Submarines, but no deal signed for 26 Rafale M. So, it seems more talks have yet to take place.
Deals happen after negotiations

Thank you and perfectly described as well

IN had the same issue in P75I program, where they wanted a Sub with fuel cell based AIP. Scorpenes that we built here under TOT, seemed to have a AIP (think its called MESMA) but that wasn't fuel cell based. So they took the Scorpenes without the AIP, and wanted a AIP system retrofitted that wasn't even used by Germany and S Korea. Its good that DRDO managed to make a AIP, and it is said to be very quiet because of no moving parts as well (Spain seems to have this too). However this kind of super requirements, again meant that the fleet strength went low and 3 additional Scorpenes are going to be ordered. In contrast Pakistan went for Hangor class, and will soon be inducting 9 or something brand new subs.
Don't get me wrong though...I wish Pakistani R&D and STEM education did follow the same rigid process-driven approach of India. And the starting point of said process would be to put veteran R&D engineers and scientists in charge of projects, not parachuted generals or politicians. If paired with the flexible thought process of the generals (in their capacity as customers), it'd be a pretty good combo. I'd say China embodies this approach quite well (e.g. pushing J-20 into production while also developing it further in parallel and iterating via blocks).

Don't get me wrong though...I wish Pakistani R&D and STEM education did follow the same rigid process-driven approach of India. And the starting point of said process would be to put veteran R&D engineers and scientists in charge of projects, not parachuted generals or politicians. If paired with the flexible thought process of the generals (in their capacity as customers), it'd be a pretty good combo. I'd say China embodies this approach quite well (e.g. pushing J-20 into production while also developing it further in parallel and iterating via blocks).
We all have our strengths and weaknesses I guess

True China has done some amazing work, and it was a source of inspiration for many in India in last decade and two. It showed that Asians can do it too, and while Japanese did it earlier, the generations of last decade or so know more about China due to its phenomenal rise.

I wish someone can teach that to our Armed forces lol

I guess with a security state in place, Army involuntarily gets involved into every phase of life in Pakistan. By now it must be like chicken or egg question, for them to try and change things. One can't do stuff, that is detrimental to oneself for the greater good. I mean it has become institutionalized by now there.

Still some sort of understanding can happen, if there is a will to change things. In the immediate future, given the economical troubles and all.. the immediate concern will be to get back on feet.

Good to know India wasting more money.

Pakistan's J-10C better than Indian Rafales.

Pakistan's agosta submarines better than Indian scorpenes.
How did you came to these conclusions can you care to enlightened us as well please?? This lack of knowledge disease and uneducated assessment guru's which has cost and left us behind in every sphere of life.
If you can't back your above mentioned claims then either own your mistake and apologize otherwise all disillusional characters should be banned.

>> Rafale M's will issues fitting into current Indian aircraft carriers currently, requiring extensive changes to the lifts and surrounding structures..

>> Rafale M's will issues fitting into current Indian aircraft carriers currently, requiring extensive changes to the lifts and surrounding structures..

For the same reason, ndians plan to operate them from the land and not from their aircraft carriers.

FTs6uhRXsAQT-Nr

Lesser wing loading and higher thrust for 2 less pylons for more fuel fraction and marginal payload increase for the TEBDF

INS Vikrant's lifts were designed with Mig-29K in mind. Rafale's footprint is smaller than Mig-29..
Except the Mig-29K folds its wings substantially to reduce that footprint. A Saree while longer has a lower footprint than a gharara.
To make this Gharara work in the lift they either need to dismantle the aircraft partially(love to see the sortie rate with that) or dock the carrier for a 2 year refit for a bigger lift.

Incredible short sightedness by the IN in both aspects of the outcome - design of the carrier and current selection of platform.
The superhornet was just perfect here.

Not true. That issue of the size of the lifts was demonstrated by Dassault to not be an issue during trials in Goa.

You also need to hope as in this France visit there you have signed deal for 3 Submarines, but no deal signed for 26 Rafale M. So, it seems more talks have yet to take place.

The deal will now be negotiated by the Indian MoD and Dassault. If the 36 Rafales for the IAF are anything to go by, expect a contract to be signed in another 8-12 months time.

Lesser wing loading and higher thrust for 2 less pylons for more fuel fraction and marginal payload increase for the TEBDF

Except the Mig-29K folds its wings substantially to reduce that footprint. A Saree while longer has a lower footprint than a gharara.
To make this Gharara work in the lift they either need to dismantle the aircraft partially(love to see the sortie rate with that) or dock the carrier for a 2 year refit for a bigger lift.

Incredible short sightedness by the IN in both aspects of the outcome - design of the carrier and current selection of platform.
The superhornet was just perfect here.

It has demonstrated that with particular angle, Rafale can be fit and will be fine.

But, i believe that Rafale M is the 1ST choice and the lift will be modified during her 1st refits. Mm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom