What's new

India to Borrow and Spend More in 2010-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The definition of aid is the same for all nations, including India and Pakistan. AID INCLUDES GRANTS AND SOFT LOANS.

Grants

A grant is a sum of money which is awarded to your business or organisation. Grants are often referred to as "free" money, although in reality, while you don't pay interest on a grant and as long as you meet the terms of the grant you don't have to return the money, the application process still takes considerable time and effort. In that respect, there is an impact on your business and so they are not really "free".

Grants are issued by central and local governments, the EU and other organisations.

Soft Loans
What are soft loans?

Soft Loans are loans which are available without the normal security demands placed on borrowers by commercial lenders. They usually allow concessions to the borrower in terms of security requirements or interest rates. Payment of little or no interest can be a condition of the loan. Sometimes, payment holidays can be arranged.

Japan to provide $400m aid

TOKYO: Japan has resumed its Official Development Assistance (ODA) programme for Pakistan as four projects of the energy and infrastructure sectors are being processed on an urgent basis which will be provided around $400 million.

Earlier, the Japan International Cooperation Agency had stopped assistance for these projects after the donor’s conference as Tokyo included annual allocations under the ODA in the amount pledged by it at the moot.

Japan provided around $500 million annually for Pakistan under the ODA. In April 2009 at the Friends of Democratic Pakistan (FoDP) conference in Tokyo, it announced an assistance of $1 billion for Pakistan, but transferred ODA funds to that account.

In order to press the Japanese government to resume the ODA, Pakistan embassy officials held a series of meetings with the Japanese ministries of finance and foreign affairs.

Pakistan insisted that Japan should resume the ODA programme immediately which could make available funds for a large number of development projects, which were suffering badly due to unexpected break in funding. After much lobbying, Japanese officials agreed to resume the ODA programme and four projects in energy and infrastructure are being processed involving funding of approximately $400m. It is expected that a note of exchange would be signed by March 31, subject to meeting of all formalities by Pakistan and necessary approval from the Japanese government.

The four projects are National Transmission Lines and Grid Stations Strengthening Project; Rural Roads Construction Project (II) (Punjab); Rural Roads Construction Project (II) (NWFP) and GEPCO’s Transmission and Distribution System Improvement Project.

Japan to provide $400m aid :toast_sign::pakistan:

I am not sure what you are arguing. We all know and acknowledge that Pakistan receives forieign aid and loans.

On the other hand, Indians quietly seek and accept massive foreign aid and loans and many, like the Indian posters on this forum, deny it.

Please learn to publicly acknowledge the truth, and have the decency to be grateful to those who help you.

I am not sure what you are arguing. We all know and acknowledge that Pakistan receives forieign aid and loans.

On the other hand, Indians quietly seek and accept massive foreign aid and loans and many, like the Indian posters on this forum, deny it.

Please learn to publicly acknowledge the truth, and have the decency to be grateful to those who help you.

what we are trying to emphasize is India is not a GRANT based economy as Pakistan today is unfortunately. As per loan is concerned every country does that for one reason or other and we being a developing country provide a good opportunity of investment for developed countries. you know the prime rate of interest of loan's in India. For grant we say thanks and for loans we are best investment destination .

Thank you

Last edited:
This thread is completely become a joke..the thread starter is miserably trying to twist India taking loans to India is accepting AID in order to proove that India is geting more AID than Pakistan?and mods made it sticky..Any one who read the link he posted in the blog clearly knows its loan..The thread starter is misleading members here and advertising his blog...Why is this allowed here?

This thread is compleely become a joke..the thread starter is miserably trying to twist India taking loans to India is accepting AID in order to proove that India is geting more AID than Pakistan?and mods made it sticky..Any one who read the link he posted in the blog clearly knows its loan..The thread starter is misleading members here and advertising his blog...Why is this allowed here?

This guy is pushing a lazy person like me to do some research, Ordinarily i don't do that unless I show that on my time sheet :frown:

what we are trying to emphasize is India is not a GRANT based economy as Pakistan today is unfortunately. As per loan is concerned every country does that for one reason or other and we being a developing country provide a good opportunity of investment for developed countries. you know the prime rate of interest of loan's in India. For grant we say thanks and for loans we are best investment destination .

Thank you

A grant based economy? Let's get our facts straight.

Do you know that total aid to Pakistan, including grants AND soft loans, has dramatically declined as percent of its economy? It used to be around 8-10% in 1960s when Pak was a member of CENTO-SEATO. Now it's no more than 2-3%, in spite of all the noise to the contrary. Much of it has been replaced by FDI, trade and remittances etc.

Impact of Foreign Aid on Economic Development in Pakistan [1960-2002] - Munich RePEc Personal Archive

This guy is pushing a lazy person like me to do some research, Ordinarily i don't do that unless I show that on my time sheet :frown:

Basically the objective is to show 1) Pak = India 2) Pak is better than India 3) India is inherently bad.

Im tired of this.

friends.. There is no point in arguing with this guy. Just agree india survives on foreign aid and pakistan is the world's second fastest growing economy.

friends.. There is no point in arguing with this guy. Just agree india survives on foreign aid and pakistan is the world's second fastest growing economy.

It's interesting how you concede by making false claims about what I have been saying. You are just too obsessed with your own "India shining" boasts to care for the reality on the ground.

It's a crying shame that more than 50 million malnourished Indian children have to rely on foreign charity to rescue them in a country with a trillion dollar economy.

Haq's Musings: Malnutrition Challenge in India, Pakistan

It's interesting how you concede by making false claims about what I have been saying. You are just too obsessed with your own "India shining" boasts to care for the reality on the ground.

It's a crying shame that more than 50 million malnourished Indian children have to rely on foreign charity to rescue them in a country with a trillion dollar economy.

Haq's Musings: Malnutrition Challenge in India, Pakistan

listen matey..we acknowledge that we have problems and we will improve it..if ur pakistan had no poverty and everything was hunky dory i can understand ur ramblings abt india's poor.. all we r saying is that u get foreign aid and we get aid and loan which is a lot less than urs... there is a saying in our place.."SOMEONE WITHOUT A THUMB IS TEASING A PERSON WITHOUT A LITTLE FINGER"...if there is anyone in this world who connects to that saying is u. let us worry abt our 50 million malnourished children..in the meantime why dont u stop writing ur india bashing BS and write something positive abt ur pakistan..maybe abt ur brave soldiers fighting a dangerous war in difficult conditions and giving up their lives for the country..or abt ur people who has to endure almost daily bombings and their reselience...i know if i was in ur place i would be doing that..

listen matey..we acknowledge that we have problems and we will improve it..if ur pakistan had no poverty and everything was hunky dory i can understand ur ramblings abt india's poor.. all we r saying is that u get foreign aid and we get aid and loan which is a lot less than urs... there is a saying in our

Are you sure about this riju? India has received less aid than Pakistan on a cumulative basis? Please check your facts again.

Its not important who got more aid (even if you discount the size difference of the countries).. whats important is that who did what with the aid. Despite all the hoo ha about poverty, mal nutrition and so on, we are still growing and are on course, with every year being better than the previous. Wish I could say the same about our western neighbour, but if I do, everyone will know i am lying..

Its not important who got more aid (even if you discount the size difference of the countries).. whats important is that who did what with the aid. Despite all the hoo ha about poverty, mal nutrition and so on, we are still growing and are on course, with every year being better than the previous. Wish I could say the same about our western neighbour, but if I do, everyone will know i am lying..

But if you had said that, at least we would have known that you are not myopic, focusing only on the last decade+ and ignoring the previous 50+ years. Yes, Pakistan has not grown as fast as India during the last decade or so, however for about 50 years prior to that, Pakistan's growth, per capita income etc. outpaced and overshadowed India.

What the future holds, we all just have to wait and see...

who did what with the aid?

Do you really want to know?

In spite of massive aid, India has a far worse record on basics hunger, poverty and malnutrition than Pakistan. Is that what you claim as your accomplishment in the last 62 years?

who did what with the aid?

Do you really want to know?

In spite of massive aid, India has a far worse record on basics hunger, poverty and malnutrition than Pakistan. Is that what you claim as your accomplishment in the last 62 years?

Yes sir.. please let us poor, hungry and under nourished Indians be..Thank you for your concern.. :azn:

About accomplishments, are these yours??

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Pakistan is a ‘failed state’, says US Congressman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom