What's new

India to be the largest beef exporter

I don't know about you guys, but it is my personal decision not to respond to any post that uses the term "Bharti."

It has been pointed out by many Indians time and again to Pakistanis here that the term is "Bharatiya" - and the usage is adjectival. Not as a noun per se.

The fact that it is still used to address us and the context is not difficult or terribly subtle to try and fathom the motivation thereof.

Using the corresponding four-letter popular Western acronym for them in retaliation would simply earn Indians bans.

Not the end of the world in itself, but inconvenient if you want to stay around for whatever reason.

Just my personal thoughts which the mods may clean off this generally feel-good thread at their discretion.

In Pakistan it is pronounced Bharti.

In Pakistan it is pronounced Bharti.

We've heard that line and told you it does not work for us.

P**i is the shortened acronym for you as well. We realize it offends you. Hence we do not use it.

You know this is not accepted by EVERY Indian here.

Yet it continues to be used.

And is condoned by the otherwise more often than not fair administration.

So I guess then it is the official line here. One of the sinful pleasures allowed to you.

I personally am ok with that. I just don't have to respond to it.

It would be ridiculously simple to just ****** it out like so many other chosen designated offensive words.

Cheers and lets continue to enjoy the beef. :)

We've heard that line and told you it does not work for us.

P**i is the shortened acronym for you as well. We realize it offends you. Hence we do not use it.

You know this is not accepted by EVERY Indian here.

Yet it continues to be used.

And is condoned by the otherwise more often than not fair administration.

So I guess then it is the official line here.

As otherwise, it would be ridiculously simple to just ****** it out like so many other chosen designated offensive words.

Cheers and lets continue to enjoy the beef. :)
I got it, but even our media anchors are like

Bharti fauj nay aaj .....ect ect.

Indian Hindu's aren't faithful to their religion.

The same can be said about pakistan shia-sunni, sindhi-punjabi, baloch-pathan, help of US against Muslim Afganistan etc. etc. So much for the Islamic brotherhood.

Even a head of state used the term P**i once.. didnt he ?

I don't know nor would that word make sense in urdu/hindi, but you guys can say whatever.

But we just say Bharti when referring to Indians.

Another example: Bharti sadr ney aaj...ect ect

Not all Hindus are vegetarians.

That's 100% true.

Only Brahmins and Baniya don't eat meat as per Hindu religious texts. They constitutes only 6%-8% of Hindus.

But Kshatriyas and low caste Hindus do eat meat. And these constitutes 92% of Hindu population.

So as per Hindu religion 92% of Hindus are allowed to eat meat and most of them do eat.

I got it, but even our media anchors are like

Bharti fauj nay aaj .....ect ect.

Exactly. That's what we are explaining to you.

It is Bharatiya Fauj. It is the modifier for Fauj. Not a noun in its own right.

Bharatiya Nausena (navy).

Bharatiya sanskriti (Indian culture)

Bharatiya sabhyata (Indian civilization)

Bharatiya naari (Indian woman)

Bharatiya purush (Indian man)

Whatever Bharatiya. :lol:

Let it be dude.. The mods have already decided to sneak in this intentional distortion of the term Bhartiya under the disguise of some weird reasoning.. dont waste your breath at it...

Didnt realise Indians felt it was an insult. I do not normally use it any way. But I wont use it if some of you find it offensive.
not at all go on as if we care. bhartiya is our identity we don't care if u shorten it up to bharti. we r proud bhartiya.

Back
Top Bottom