What's new

India tests underwater BrahMos missile, but has no submarine to fire it

Or we can think about something like this.

2cy33on.jpg

seriously not a viable idea..

territorial waters def..
12 nautical miles (22 km; 14 mi) from the baseline (usually the mean low-water mark) of a coastal state

NOw plz google as to the depth of water at the edge of territorial waters. At that depth it is simply not possible to launch cruise missiles due to the tremendous water pressure.

But we can station batteries near Andaman islands etc.. ! ;)

Its a reality as a shopping list only. If your mom put down the shopping list on a piece of paper that you are going to the store and buy some groceries. But you still park your buns in the chair chugging beer and watch TV, would you mom be ok with you comes dinner time and you still have not moved?

For goodness sake, India is just buying subs, not even building it. So at least go out and do some diligent shopping.

who told u that india is not building submarines??not just nuclear..diesel too
India to launch its first home-built nuclear submarine - Telegraph

for gods sake guys we dont even need to buy one to have this capability..whats the purpose of this thread??
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/india-considering-lease-of-second-russian-nuclear-submarine/1/183012.html
http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/india-in-talks-with-russia-on-lease-of-second-nuclear-submarine/article4505333.ece

Brahmos is an "export" version of their missile. Indians here are all hyped up about Brahmos and brag about this is the world's first and that. But do you see Russia even wanting to use this world beater missile? Is it Russia not advance enough for this technology? Or Is this a down graded version of something so they won't need to use it? You tell me.

thanks for your ignorant post..Brahmos is export version of Oinks,not "Export Version",which is Yakhont..and oinks is much slower and it is just an anti ship missile,where Brahmos is launched from every platform to any target.too hard to understand??if it was an export version,then there is no need of years of testing and wasting billions of dollars..is it??and Russia can't deploy Bhramos for current gen Frigates as it is too heavy for it.but next gen ships and subs will use it.and purchasing missiles is not equal to purchasing candies,they have enough amount of missiles already.why buy missiles when I have no ships to deploy it??Until there is any new platform,they will not buy it.and they aren't bound to buy this missile as Bhramos is available to any export customer as well.but they have to wait until India acquire enough amount of missiles for themselves(over 1000,total turnover is expected over $13 billion..also it is expected that Brahmos will make over 2000 missiles and around 50% is going to be exported to some of our friends).also,
Brahmos 2 is coming up next and it'll be world's first hypersonic missile.if trollings the purpose,then you'll again fail to understand this simple points..

by the way..read this..they clearly stated the reason here..

New Russian frigate may be fitted with BrahMos cruise missiles | Russia | RIA Novosti

Russia dont have that money to buy expensive missile, ONly few on world can buy Royals Roy and sell only a few thousands wold wide , it dosent mean it is a failed car ? or dose it?

PLAFF also didnt use JF-17 , but PAF boast about it , So as per China this plane is downgraded version then MIG-21 which still used by China in large numbers?

Russia only provided Engine , while other things developed by India, Especially its electronics and guidance system. B-2 is More of an indian kind.

Indian Shipyards running full capacity and India needs more ships what we order to other shipyard.

If you dont know Nuclear Sub is made in Indian shipyard. and current French Sub also being build in Indian shipyards.

Sorry about that I stated. I mean India is not making the P-75I indigenously, but purchasing it from abroad. I don't meant that India is not capable of building any subs at all. I was in a hurry earlier.

RFI has been issued and RFP will be issued in a short while which will give enough idea to people with some brain that we are going to buy it but not you.

We already built the U209 in India , we are building the scorpenes in India and the Arihant class nuclear sub designed and built in India is already in sea trials.

And no more replies to chinese trolls like you...........:wave:

I didn't meant subs in general, but P75I. Corrections made.

Sorry about that I stated. I mean India is not making the P-75I indigenously, but purchasing it from abroad. I don't meant that India is not capable of building any subs at all. I was in a hurry earlier.

I didn't meant subs in general, but P75I. Corrections made.

P 75I will be made in India under ToT

seriously not a viable idea..

territorial waters def..

NOw plz google as to the depth of water at the edge of territorial waters. At that depth it is simply not possible to launch cruise missiles due to the tremendous water pressure.

But we can station batteries near Andaman islands etc.. ! ;)

Well we doesnot have to go the edge of our territorial waters .Area close to coastline where depth is within the limit can be selected.

These are not for cruise missiles but for ballistic missiles.In this setup , nuclear capable BM will be able to escape a first strike and unlike SSBN's this will be very difficult to locate.This will give a second strike capability .

NEW DELHI: The utter lack of long-term strategic planning in the Indian defence establishment was once again evident on Wednesday when the country for the first time tested the 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from underwater.

The submarine-launched version of the missile was "successfully" tested from an underwater pontoon off Visakhapatnam around 2.10pm. BrahMos chief A Sivathanu Pillai promptly declared, "The missile is fully ready for fitment in the 'Project-75 India' submarines of the Indian Navy in vertical launch configuration, which will make the platform (submarine) one of the most powerful weapon platform in the world."

Defence minister A K Antony also chipped in soon after by saying, "It's a wonderful achievement and proud moment for India." DRDO chief V K Saraswat said it was "a significant step towards boosting India's military strength". Other defence scientists proclaimed this was "first time any supersonic cruise missile has been launched vertically from a submerged platform".

Amid all these gushing accolades, they however forgot to mention one critical fact: the Project-75 India submarines are nothing but a mere pipedream at present. With even the initial global tender or RFP (request for proposal) for them yet to be floated, the Navy will not get the first such submarine anytime before 2023.

"What's the use of having bullets but no gun to fire them from? Even if the defence ministry gets cracking immediately on the long-delayed P-75I, it will take three to four years to select the foreign submarine-manufacturer for technological collaboration. Thereafter, it will take another seven to eight years for the first submarine to roll out," said a senior official.

The BrahMos missile cannot be fitted on the Navy's existing fleet of 10 ageing Russian Kilo-class and four German HDW submarines, half of them in any case are fully operational at any given time. Nor can it be deployed on the six French Scorpene submarines being constructed in the Rs 23,562-crore Project-75 underway at Mazagon Docks (MDL) in Mumbai, under which the vessels will now be delivered in the 2015-2020 timeframe three years behind schedule.

Project-75 India, in turn, has failed to take off after going around in circles for several years now. The Cabinet committee on security will have to clear the RFP before it is issued because two of the submarines have to imported from the foreign vendor finally selected. Three will subsequently be built at MDL, and the last at Hindustan Shipyard at Visakhapatnam, after transfer of technology.

All this of course does not detract from the utility of the air-breathing BrahMos, which flies at the speed of Mach 2.8, as a "precision strike weapon". It has been inducted by some artillery regiments in the Army as well as a few naval warships.

The Army is moving ahead to induct three versions of the multi-role BrahMos, having already placed orders worth Rs 9,484 crore, over the next two-three years. Navy and IAF, in turn, have ordered BrahMos missiles worth Rs 3,568 crore and Rs 1,295 crore, respectively, as of now.
India tests underwater BrahMos missile, but has no submarine to fire it - The Times of India

well looks like rajat pandit knows more than what heads in MOD and IN have in store for owr so called second strike capabillity

looks like just another ploy by the MOD to get more funds than anything else for the new subs but thing is why was Arihant made , why was kilo subs upgraded why are scorpenes takin more time to come owt than required i guess , why did india lease russian neul sub and is asking for more ????? there are too many ifs and whys here

dont worry Indians we do have Subs be rest assured every thing is not as it seems :cheers:

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But what is P75I? Just curious because I do not know what it look like. Is it a particular sub or that is not decided yet.

next lot of 6 stealth diesel electric subs with AIP and Land Attack Capability(for which Brahmos comes into play)..
strong chances on Amur-1650,Upgraded Scorpene/Marlin,Type-214 and S-80(maybe)..

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But what is P75I? Just curious because I do not know what it look like. Is it a particular sub or that is not decided yet.

Project 75I refers to set of New hunter killer submarines that the Navy is planning to buy.Request for Information for 6 submarines has been issued to DCNS, Navantia, Rubin Design Bureau and Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft.

Project 75I refers to set of New hunter killer submarines that the Navy is planning to buy.Request for Information for 6 submarines has been issued to DCNS, Navantia, Rubin Design Bureau and Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft.

So India will not see this sub after 2020 at earliest, giving the pace of project 75. A more likely scenario is around 2025-2030.

2cy33on.jpg

Hahahaha man I like your idea. But I don't think it will be possible.

Construction and tunnelling so near to water always cause seepage and water lodging problem. Secondly the soil won't be good enogh to dig and build. It will just collapse.
The depth of water is not that much near coast. You have to do further inside. That make it further impossible.

Once the location is known, this stationary (non moving) Pon-toon becomes a sitting duck against this:

images
what type of missile is that ? can you give its details and does Pakistan and China has such capabilities ? If you are speaking about a normal torpedo or short range missile , remember its almost impossible to cruise in the mountain ranges of Himalayas and hit the target successfully .

2cy33on.jpg
That looks cool :cool:

Back
Top Bottom