What's new

India tests underwater BrahMos missile, but has no submarine to fire it

@faithfulguy

India became first country that tested world's first supersonic SLCM.though there is delay in India's P-75I project,we can always go for Indigenous subs(SSGN) and equip them with these missiles.so,please don't jump before understanding the matter.and another thing,It is not like a single test would clear it for Induction.we'll see many more tests before inducting into service.so,whats wrong to build a weapon in advance??and Brahmos-II will be tested within few years.so if needed,we can built a SLCM vrsion of that missiles to.this test is only preparing grounds for it.and even Russia can choose BRAHMOS for their Amur class subs as their launch platform for BRAHMOS..too hard to understand??though I can understand your frustration..

Last edited by a moderator:
The Talwar frigates have 3R-14UKSK Universal VLS modules (like the one shown below), it can carry & launch both Klub and BrahMos types of missiles.

I do not think the Scorpenes or P-75I are meant to carry BrahMos-1, Scorpenes come with EXOCET advanced models and the time period when the first P-75I comes shows that it would be equipped with BrahMos-1 only as an interim solution. The hypersonic BrahMos-II would be the norm for IN by that time.

Now that India has tested BrahMos SLCM it can only mean that the Kilo-class SSKs are equipped with Universal launchers and can carry both the Novator 3M-14E terrain-hugging land-attack missile and BrahMos-1 SLCM supersonic anti-ship missiles. Such Universal VLMs are present on Russian frigates since long and the Kilo SSKs that have been outfitted with Klub missile variants recently are also probably capable of launching BrahMos SLCM as well.

@faithfulguy

India became first country that tested world's first supersonic SLCM.though there is delay in India's P-75I project,we can always go for Indigenous subs(SSGN) and equip them with these missiles.so,please don't jump before understanding the matter.and another thing,It is not like a single test would clear it for Induction.we'll see many more tests before inducting into service.so,whats wrong to build a weapon in advance??and Brahmos-II will be tested within few years.so if needed,we can built a SLCM vrsion of that missiles to.this test is only preparing grounds for it.and even Russia can choose BRAHMOS for their Amur class subs as their launch platform for BRAHMOS..too hard to understand??though I can understand your frustration..

Brahmos is an "export" version of their missile. Indians here are all hyped up about Brahmos and brag about this is the world's first and that. But do you see Russia even wanting to use this world beater missile? Is it Russia not advance enough for this technology? Or Is this a down graded version of something so they won't need to use it? You tell me.

P75I is a reality , so is Brahmos SLCM .Just because a chinese troller think it is bragging doesnot make it so .As a matter of fact you are the only one bragging here because of your @ss burning.

Its a reality as a shopping list only. If your mom put down the shopping list on a piece of paper that you are going to the store and buy some groceries. But you still park your buns in the chair chugging beer and watch TV, would you mom be ok with you comes dinner time and you still have not moved?

For goodness sake, India is just buying P75I subs, not even building them. So at least go out and do some diligent shopping.

where is their nuclear powered submarine?

See, the reporters don't know how to frame facts. Our two nuke submarines INS Arihant and INS Chakra are right here, but the problem is, the BraMos can't be used on those. It is believed they'll be used on the upcoming P75I subs.

Indian Navy still has Brahmos in its arsenal and what is the purpose of publishing such a news report. India wants more submarines even if there was no Brahmos. Why are the two linked together is beyond me.

Read through the comments on the article and you'll see. People want an excuse to criticise, and giving them this excuse will get ToI more readers. I've tried going there and sharing some common-sense related stuff like the things you mentioned, but my comments are swallowed up by about a 100 naïve naysayers.

Brahmos is an "export" version of their missile. Indians here are all hyped up about Brahmos and brag about this is the world's first and that. But do you see Russia even wanting to use this world beater missile? Is it Russia not advance enough for this technology? Or Is this a down graded version of something so they won't need to use it? You tell me.

Russia dont have that money to buy expensive missile, ONly few on world can buy Royals Roy and sell only a few thousands wold wide , it dosent mean it is a failed car ? or dose it?

PLAFF also didnt use JF-17 , but PAF boast about it , So as per China this plane is downgraded version then MIG-21 which still used by China in large numbers?

Russia only provided Engine , while other things developed by India, Especially its electronics and guidance system. B-2 is More of an indian kind.

Its a reality as a shopping list only. If your mom put down the shopping list on a piece of paper that you are going to the store and buy some groceries. But you still park your buns in the chair chugging beer and watch TV, would you mom be ok with you comes dinner time and you still have not moved?

For goodness sake, India is just buying subs, not even building it. So at least go out and do some diligent shopping.

Indian Shipyards running full capacity and India needs more ships what we order to other shipyard.

If you dont know Nuclear Sub is made in Indian shipyard. and current French Sub also being build in Indian shipyards.

For goodness sake, India is just buying subs, not even building it. So at least go out and do some diligent shopping.

RFI has been issued and RFP will be issued in a short while which will give enough idea to people with some brain that we are going to buy it but not you.

We already built the U209 in India , we are building the scorpenes in India and the Arihant class nuclear sub designed and built in India is already in sea trials.

And no more replies to chinese trolls like you...........:wave:

We will have static under water launchers in Indus and Brahmaputra , at least they will be stealth from enemy's perspective .:devil:

We will have static under water launchers in Indus and Brahmaputra , at least they will be stealth from enemy's perspective .:devil:

That Pontoon type underwear launchers you are talking about are always flanked by two ships, one has a fire control system connected with cables, the other holds a telemetry work load - both give away such signature anyway.

That Pontoon type underwear launchers you are talking about are always flanked by two ships, one has a fire control system connected with cables, the other holds a telemetry work load - both give away such signature anyway.
I agree with you but It will be still difficult to neutralize such launcher when you compare to other Road based Launchers .

I agree with you but It will be still difficult to neutralize such launcher when you compare to other Road based Launchers .

Once the location is known, this stationary (non moving) Pon-toon becomes a sitting duck against this:

images

Or we can think about something like this.

2cy33on.jpg

What a stupid thread,

@500, @gambit, @Oscar, @ANTIBODY what's your view on it?

Imagine India get a submarine, but SLBM/SLCM was not ready, then what could be topic.

"India tests underwater submarine , but has no BrahMos missile to fire it"..

Sir Zarvan , great attempt to ....................................... (fill what ever you want)

Back
Top Bottom