What's new

India test fires nuclear-capable Prithvi missile

America has been our ally for decades. Including our main military supplier (Which is slowly being changed). So what's your point? We're not known for sleeping around with Russia when the need arises. How can you compare two entirely different scenario's? :lol:

Well.. i dont think majority of your country men support america.. but are helped by the money that have been recieved from america.. If i put it in your words.. you guys are being literally r***d in fata.. and you are recieving money for it..!!!!! ;) So lets keep these cheap comments out of this thread.

Well congragulations indian scientists.. we need more of emm comming..!!! :tup:

its one more step towards self-reliance. Its better not to depend on US as every one know why, its better for indai to rely on Russia instead of USA, Bcoz who knows which the back stabing will happen.

Simply because North Korea isn't known for sleeping with Uncle Sam when need arises.

India on the other hand ..... :whistle:

Hey world knows who is sleeping with America for money (or aid in elite language.):enjoy: he.. he.. he... Sleeping for money is not elite business. he.. he.. he... This is gonna hurt to the elite member. he.. he... he......

Nuclear-capable Prithvi-II clears user trial test :enjoy:
16 Apr 2009, 0317 hrs IST, Rajat Pandit, TNN

NEW DELHI: India tested an advanced version of the nuclear-capable Prithvi-II ballistic missile, with a strike range of 350 km, from the Chandipur
integrated test range off the Orissa coast on Wednesday.

"The launch of the surface-to-surface missile from a mobile launcher was successful but it will take some time to analyse the entire telemetry data before it can be called a complete success or not," said a senior defence ministry official.

The significant aspect about this test was that it was conducted as "a user or training trial" by the tri-service Strategic Forces Command (SFC), created in January 2003 to manage the country's nuclear arsenal.

The Nuclear Command Authority (NCA) and the SFC were established to ensure proper command and control structures after the 10-month troop mobilisation along the Indo-Pak border under 'Operation Parakram'. The NCA's political council led by the PM is the "sole body which can authorise the use of nuclear weapons", with the SFC tasked with executing such a directive.

Prithvi was initially supposed to be a 150-km "tactical" battlefield missile with conventional warheads but later its role was expanded to include the "strategic" one as well with nuclear payloads.

With the 700-km Agni-I and 2,000-km-plus Agni-II ballistic missiles still to be inducted into the armed forces in adequate numbers, the advanced version of Prithvi is currently the mainstay of the SFC.

Wednesday's test of the 8.56 metre-long Prithvi-II missile was conducted from a Tatra transporter launcher around 10.15 am. The missile's entire trajectory was tracked by electro-optic telemetry stations, a battery of sophisticated radars and a warship anchored. "Training trials" are held to give armed forces personnel the requisite capability and confidence to fire the missiles on their own, without the help of defence scientists.

The Agni-I and Agni-II, incidentally, are also undergoing training trials, with the first missile — designed exclusively for Pakistan — having already undergone such trials in October 2007 and March 2008.

The 3,500-km Agni-III, which will give India the strategic capability to hit targets deep inside China, will be tested for the fourth time in the coming months. But it will ready for induction only by 2011-2012.

Then, of course, design work on India's most ambitious strategic missile with near ICBM (intercontinental ballistic missile) capabilities, the 5,000-km range Agni-V, which incorporates a third composite stage in the two-stage Agni-III, is also in progress. Its first test is planned by 2010-2011.

Nuclear-capable Prithvi-II clears user trial test - India - The Times of India

Hey world knows who is sleeping with America for money (or aid in elite language.):enjoy: he.. he.. he... Sleeping for money is not elite business. he.. he.. he... This is gonna hurt to the elite member. he.. he... he......

Pakistan is being compensated for it's dedicated service as America's ally in the WOT since 2001. Which is a completely different thing. Something which your petty little existence can't comprehend. Better luck next time my friend. :tup:

The 3,500-km Agni-III, which will give India the strategic capability to hit targets deep inside China, will be tested for the fourth time in the coming months. But it will ready for induction only by 2011-2012.

so in coming months more missile test :flame:may be after election

Amazing that there were no "alarms" raised over this like when North Korea did the same not long ago. One must wonder why does India need ballistic missiles? And needs to continue to "improve" on such things.
Anyway some details:

The Prithvi-2 is a short-range, road-mobile, liquid-propellant ballistic missile. Similar to the Prithvi-1 in many ways, the Prithvi-2 trades a smaller warhead for a longer range.

Alternate Name: P-2, SS-250
Class: SRBM
Basing: Road mobile
Length: 9.00 m
Diameter: 1.10 m
Launch Weight: 4000-4600 kg
Payload: Single warhead, 500-1000 kg
Warhead: nuclear, HE, submunitions
Propulsion: Single-stage liquid
Range: 350 km

I am happy that you asked the question (Bold) and showed concerns.
India ever been involved in these acts to create threat in Asia and forced Pakistan to take necessary steps for its security and defense.

Now Pakistan would also have to do some ballistic missiles test in response.

Remember it was India who first tested the nuclear bombs, they were so pumped that I remember (in May 1998) they were planning to attack on Pakistan with the help of Israel. No one was there at International level to put sanctions on India, But when Pakistan tested their nuclear technology (Which is of course considerd one of the world’s best and most secure project) they were shocked and their energy level got down.

Time for some shopping....:whistle:
---

On a serious note, not a right time to test a Missile for Pakistan.

Congragulations to indian scientists, atleast they are struggling to come closer to Pakistani Nuclear missle technology. But still they are far behind.

Pakistan Nuclear Missile equal to Indian Prithvi 2 missile
Ghaznavi Max Range 290KG Payload 500KG.

Congragulations to indian scientists, atleast they are struggling to come closer to Pakistani Nuclear missle technology. But still they are far behind.

What i agree on paper - till now pakistani missile are better - they say pakistan got it from china or korea ( which doesnt make a dime of diffrence) but in the end its in pakistani arsenal.
But only thing which pakistan is Ignoring is - test - missile test. Why they never have enough missile test - In recent past india conducted a few test why pakistan is not conducting any test????
This puts a big question mark over pakistani missinle ability - Means there is not enough development going. ( its a question not a attack ).
-- As for this test - it was a regular missile test with new developments.

I am happy that you asked the question (Bold) and showed concerns.
India ever been involved in these acts to create threat in Asia and forced Pakistan to take necessary steps for its security and defense.

Now Pakistan would also have to do some ballistic missiles test in response.

Remember it was India who first tested the nuclear bombs, they were so pumped that I remember (in May 1998) they were planning to attack on Pakistan with the help of Israel. No one was there at International level to put sanctions on India, But when Pakistan tested their nuclear technology (Which is of course considerd one of the world’s best and most secure project) they were shocked and their energy level got down.

MZUBAIR, No one is stoping pakistan from doing any thing to protect its country, India is doing what it wants to do to protact itself and its intrest. And even pakistan is very free to do so. So best of Luck to pakistan :enjoy:

It was routine check up of missile does not create any thread. Any of our Pakistani dhost tell me that any of your missile test has never fail why. coze you does not made it you just buy it from china and some other country for your knowledge frailer is a part of success does it happened with pak. Why every your test goes to successful and you think your scientist is that much of superior.

America has been our ally for decades. Including our main military supplier (Which is slowly being changed). So what's your point? We're not known for sleeping around with Russia when the need arises. How can you compare two entirely different scenario's? :lol:

dude...your Fraaandship with china is 'mutual-admiration-and-respect-for-the-two-brotherly-nations-with-common-intrests-which-have-nothing-to-do-with-india' and we...sleep around like a pyaasi slut in having good ties with the Ruskies and now the yanks??

dude...your Fraaandship with china is 'mutual-admiration-and-respect-for-the-two-brotherly-nations-with-common-intrests-which-have-nothing-to-do-with-india' and we...sleep around like a pyaasi slut in having good ties with the Ruskies and now the yanks??

Lol nice one. BUT I never said anything about the ruskies. Only the states. I think you missed that part :P

Lol nice one. BUT I never said anything about the ruskies. Only the states. I think you missed that part :P

i thought i read russia...but look closely at the indo-us 'relationship'....they help in the containment of taliban..al-qeda...etc etc...all of which view us, the americans and the jews as enemies...now these organizations were so keen to put us on the same boat...that the most logical thing for india to do was to jump in the same battleship as the us and israel..if the coalation+GOP fails in keping the talibs andLeT at bay....we'd have to be in the line of fire...not a comfortable thought always...
come on we are sworn enemies now aren't we? :yahoo:

Thank you...

A small correction.....Paksitani Assorted Nuclear Missile Tecnology ( Copied & stolen from N.Korea & half of the world).

Admit we are not very good at it so taking time to catch up.

First develop a good two wheeler then talk about your technology.May be you are having a top down approach .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom