What's new

India Supporting Taliban-US Intel Official

"Taliban in Afghanistan were not doing these things in Afghanistan (pre-9/11)."

Paragons of virtue they were. Hell, they even had the "Virtue Police".

One of the most cruel, heinous regimes wrought upon man by man in modern time.

Get a grip.

TTP is active in few areas of FATA only provide cover or logistic support to Afghan talaban not wanted to engage with PA, but Indian and Afghan spies you can find any where in pakistan they are in thausands well trained and highly funded.

Indian and Afghan spies are more active in areas where there is already disturbance and WAR is continued.

Aray bhai, what world are you living in?

TTP leaders, including Mehsud, Mullah FM, Faqir Mohammed, have gleefully accepted responsibility for suicide bombings targeting PA troops.

Remember the lesson of Mir Jaffar - the longer you stay blind to the fact that Pakistanis and Muslims are involved in terrorism in Pakistan, even with Indian support, the longer it will take to resolve the situation.

I addressed your argument, similar to ones raised by others, in previous posts.
No, you merely restated another conspiracy theory (albeit roadrunner was a lot more open about it) based on even more conjecture.

Like I said, you either do not realize what the outfall would be from such a finding if it were true, or are ignoring it to retrofit the said conspiracy theories and pass them on as facts.

Also, if this information was credible, you wouldn't have to scour obscure websites riddled with contradictory information to find it, and third parties involved in this conflict wouldn't be so indifferent to it... and coming to think of it neither would I.

Its stupid to consider that India would support Taliban. The idea is outrageous. I will not however deny that India has used Afghanistan to cause ..trouble.. in Pakistan, but that is not via using Taliban.

It is in India's supreme interest to see the last Talib dead and the network wiped out. You are blind if you think India is supporting Taliban in any manner possible.
It is not in India's interest to see SWAT type of areas come under Sharia or the Pakistani govt fold under their pressure at all.

Your trying to grasp at straws to implicate India and Taliban here.

I believe India does not have a lot of other venues to cause trouble in Pakistan other than the Talibs or Baloch. You said it is Indias interst to see the last Talib dead, well they'd like it much better if the Pakistan Army decayed before that. India I'm sure will pick and support the Talib as it can be called the lesser of the 2 evils.

I believe India does not have a lot of other venues to cause trouble in Pakistan other than the Talibs or Baloch. You said it is Indias interst to see the last Talib dead, well they'd like it much better if the Pakistan Army decayed before that. India I'm sure will pick and support the Talib as it can be called the lesser of the 2 evils.
It's the other way round; a Pakistan wrought with Taliban is far, far worse than even a military dictatorship, especially for nations sharing a large porous contiguous border.

No, you merely restated another conspiracy theory (albeit roadrunner was a lot more open about it) based on even more conjecture.

Like I said, you either do not realize what the outfall would be from such a finding if it were true, or are ignoring it to retrofit the said conspiracy theories and pass them on as facts.

Also, if this information was credible, you wouldn't have to scour obscure websites riddled with contradictory information to find it, and third parties involved in this conflict wouldn't be so indifferent to it... and coming to think of it neither would I.

Please be as indifferent to it as you wish.

'Denial' after all is not limited to Pakistanis. Until this statement by the US intelligence official is retracted or discredited I see no reason to not believe it, just as you and others have argued in favor of Pakistani complicity on the basis of similar 'anonymous sources'.

US pursuit of India for a strategic partnership is not a 'conspiracy', neither is the fact that Indian support for the TTP does not have a direct fallout for US operations in Afghanistan since the TTP is primarily active in Pakistan.

Foreign Policy is fine. Tom Ricks blogs there.

This accusation is utterly new to me. I've never read anything comparable, particularly about Indian assistance to the taliban.

The article qualifies this comment with a countervailing argument from somebody else.

The weight of unattributed intelligence official comments is overwhelmingly, still, against Pakistan.

We also have at least one attributed account by a knowledgable, credible source of P.A. aid to taliban forces WITHIN Afghanistan. 20 kms inside Nangahar, to be exact and attributed to Lt. Col. Chris Nash U.S.M.C.

Baitullah Mehsud: Stop it here. The last two attacks which have caused severe casualties among militants appear aimed at minions of Mehsud. That would be, by my count, at least the third and fourth attacks since June of last year-maybe more, with at least seventy dead by my count. The notion that America is protecting Mehsud is stupid. We can't target him as you can't find him. He's an enemy of YOUR state and stays on the lam. No photos, remember.

It's the other way round; a Pakistan wrought with Taliban is far, far worse than even a military dictatorship, especially for nations sharing a large porous contiguous border.

I don't believe large sections of the Indian leadership believe that. Analysis from former defence and government officials is full of arguments that a broken or destabilized Pakistan serves India's interests.

Indira Gandhi after all pursued this very policy in 1971 - that was not so long ago, and not everyone form her generation, or those influenced by her generation and policies, have died out.

Last edited:
Baitullah Mehsud: Stop it here. The last two attacks which have caused severe casualties among militants appear aimed at minions of Mehsud. That would be, by my count, at least the third and fourth attacks since June of last year-maybe more, with at least seventy dead by my count. The notion that America is protecting Mehsud is stupid. We can't target him as you can't find him. He's an enemy of YOUR state and stays on the lam. No photos, remember.

S-2:
Agreed that the last few attacks have started diversifying.

What would you say about the argument that the current diversification of targets to encompass both TTP and ACF is a result of regime change in the US?

Of course the diversification of targets could merely be a function of greater assets being deployed as they come online or are redirected from Iraq.

The notion that America is protecting Mehsud is stupid. We can't target him as you can't find him. He's an enemy of YOUR state and stays on the lam. No photos, remember.

Thats why when he had a news conference with the media and the US was told by the pak army where he would be....... you did nothing?

"The US is letting all this anti pak activity take place for a few reasons ,one being that they will make baitullah the no1 target for the pak army and then kill him with a predator drone........as a goodwill gesture or payback they will want the locations of senior taliban in pakistan,which we will give as a thankyou to the US for making a problem for pakistan and then getting rid off it."

Last edited:
"And created by the US/Saudi and puppet dictator Zia too."

No. We were gone. Pakistan's weight was behind Hekmatyar, IIRC. Taliban don't seem to have gained favor with Pakistan until late in the civil war- around 1996. OBL was a huge resource for them. He brought money that they weren't seeing from Pakistan yet.

America had little direct contact with mujahideen groups in Afghanistan and our offices in Peshawar were closed down by 1990.

"And created by the US/Saudi and puppet dictator Zia too."

No. We were gone. Pakistan's weight was behind Hekmatyar, IIRC. Taliban don't seem to have gained favor with Pakistan until late in the civil war- around 1996. OBL was a huge resource for them. He brought money that they weren't seeing from Pakistan yet.

America had little direct contact with mujahideen groups in Afghanistan and our offices in Peshawar were closed down by 1990.

Yes,you were gone after creating the Mullah Mujahideen,which then transformed into the Taliban using the same ideology "you" pumped into the area.

But this thread is on the accusation by the US that India is supporting the Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan. Stick to the topic.

"What would you say about the argument that the current diversification of targets to encompass both TTP and ACF is a result of regime change in the US?"

We call ours an inauguration. You can set your watch to it short of assassination.

I don't believe we held a policy of protecting Mehsud. It's my belief that he's a difficult man to find in your nation. One of the most difficult, in fact. Your government has been looking for him for some time and he hasn't been found so...

As to additional intel collection resources, I suppose that there should be some tangible improvements over time, though my suspicion is that Iraq will retain some 30,000 or so troops well into the next decade. I believe a good portion of that may be military intelligence (army and air force primarily) depending upon the evolving state of affairs with Iran.

Who's ACF?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom