What's new

India Supporting Taliban-US Intel Official

You're missing the point. The objective of this thread is the ascertain the facts in a sober manner, not to stick to ideological positions or engage in one-upmanship.

I see none of that here -all your posts are simply meant to distract rather than build some credible arguments.

Come again? The 'fact' here is that a US intelligence official has indicated that India is involved in supporting the Taliban against Pakistan. What do you want to 'ascertain' about that?

If you read through the entire article, the official is equally critical of both India and Pakistan, and even tows the Indian view on Mumbai, that Pakistan is incapable of quickly acting against the terrorists.

This balanced view enhances his credibility quite a bit.

Last edited:
Flint,

I also pointed this out earlier about that "South Asia expert' who was responsible for that 'update' defending India.

He said this:

"The Indians have - by many accounts - had a longstanding connection with Baluch nationalists/separatists in Pakistan,.."

Other respectable Western analysts have alluded to this Indian involvement as well, albeit obliquely.

For whatever reason, there has been a reluctance to openly and strongly articulate these concerns, perhaps becasue doing so might have given Pakistan a leveraging point in the WoT, and justification for its regional concerns.

The South Asian "experts" are probably working for New Delhi.

I trust U.S intelligence over biased Indian-loving South Asian "experts".
The more plausible explanation is that there was no Indian involvement. Rather than accepting that along with Indian assets among 'experts' et all theories.
Btw it said South Asia expert, not South Asian expert.

Neither US nor indian are truthworthy friends ,we should not believe on their intelligence agencies or agent statements, both india and US have intrest in central asia .

India and Israel have joint venture and always planning to target our nukes,Indians are supporting few terrorist organisation inside pakistan from the day of independence.

Peace deal in SWAT will be a great blow for their plans , in FATA also we should make our ties more stronger with local pushtoon tribes to counter US and Indian plans.

India wanted to squeeze pakistan from both boarders eastern and western as per new US strategy

Come again? The 'fact' here is that a US intelligence official has indicted that India is involved in supporting the Taliban against Pakistan. What do you want to 'ascertain' about that?

If you read through the entire article, the official is equally critical of both India and Pakistan, and even tows the Indian view on Mumbai, that Pakistan is incapable of quickly acting against the terrorists.

This balanced view enhances his credibility quite a bit.
Actually no it doesn't. For one it doesn't address the primary logical concern I raised in my earlier post...
Energon said:
If this were true, Richard Holbrooke and his entire entourage would be raising hell in India right now; and it would be the NATO forces bombing Indian embassies in Afghanistan. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Do you honestly think US and NATO would let India get away with supporting the Taliban when we've have been taking such high casualties of late? This matter would be plastered over every major news media network in the West and would be the focal point of all discussions with India; furthermore all defense deals with India would be threatened and/or severed instantaneously. Every American policy group and think tank worth its salt would be investigating this topic in earnest and publishing their results; but none of this seems to be the case either; all we have is a post on a glorified blog with irritating graphics and pop up ads claiming to expose the "myth of Israel."
What you are trying to pass off as fact is nothing more than conjecture. While it is true that intelligence sources by their very definition tend to remain occult, their validity can generally be gauged by how that piece of information is perceived, proliferated, debated and acted upon by various parties.

You either do not realize the gravity of such a finding and most importantly the reaction it would elicit from the US and NATO, or you are ignoring it because it doesn't support what you're trying to sell.

Actually no it doesn't. For one it doesn't address the primary logical concern I raised in my earlier post...
What you are trying to pass off as fact is nothing more than conjecture. While it is true that intelligence sources by their very definition tend to remain occult, their validity can generally be gauged by how that piece of information is perceived, proliferated, debated and acted upon by various parties.

You either do not realize the gravity of such a finding and most importantly the reaction it would elicit from the US and NATO, or you are ignoring it because it doesn't support what you're trying to sell.

I addressed your argument, similar to ones raised by others, in previous posts.

It all makes sense.

Which Muslim would take other Muslim bodies out of the grave and hang them in the tree?

Which Muslim would bomb a Mosque, every Muslim knows that there is the Holy Quran in every Mosque.

Taliban in Afghanistan were not doing these things in Afghanistan (pre-9/11).

The people behind all these terrible acts are Hindu Indians not Muslims.

It all makes sense.

Which Muslim would take other Muslim bodies out of the grave and hang them in the tree?

Which Muslim would bomb a Mosque, every Muslim knows that there is the Holy Quran in every Mosque.

Taliban in Afghanistan were not doing these things in Afghanistan (pre-9/11).

The people behind all these terrible acts are Hindu Indians not Muslims.

Bhai - they are Muslims. Rapists, murderers and drug dealers in pakistan are not all illegal Hindu immigrants from India - they are Pakistani Muslims.

These militants are Pakistani and they are Muslim. What this intelligence official is suggesting is that India is supporting these groups.

Bhai - they are Muslims. Rapists, murderers and drug dealers in pakistan are not all illegal Hindu immigrants from India - they are Pakistani Muslims.

These militants are Pakistani and they are Muslim. What this intelligence official is suggesting is that India is supporting these groups.

I dont think so,muslim cant do these crimes , they are indian agents present in our sensitive defence areas for example one agent captured in Terbela Dam ,he was appointed as lecturer in college SSG captured him.Similarly many urdu speaking indian spies are in pakistan and pushto speaking Afghan spies in FATA funded by Afghan Government active in FATA.

I dont think so,muslim cant do these crimes , they are indian agents present in our sensitive defence areas for example one agent captured in Terbela Dam ,he was appointed as lecturer in college SSG captured him.Similarly many urdu speaking indian spies are in pakistan and pushto speaking Afghan spies in FATA funded by Afghan Government active in FATA.

Are you saying that all criminals in Pakistan are non-Muslims?

Lets not be so naive. There is no way the TTP coudl survive unless it had support from locals and was largely composed of locals. The Indians may have spies who have infiltrated the organization, and act as trainers etc. but the majority of these people are Pakistani and Muslims.

Its not hard at all to learn Pashto.

Are you saying that all criminals in Pakistan are non-Muslims?

Lets not be so naive. There is no way the TTP coudl survive unless it had support from locals and was largely composed of locals. The Indians may have spies who have infiltrated the organization, and act as trainers etc. but the majority of these people are Pakistani and Muslims.

TTP is active in few areas of FATA only provide cover or logistic support to Afghan talaban not wanted to engage with PA, but Indian and Afghan spies you can find any where in pakistan they are in thausands well trained and highly funded.

Indian and Afghan spies are more active in areas where there is already disturbance and WAR is continued.

Back
Top Bottom