What's new

India sues the Queen for return of 'stolen' £100m Koh-i-Noor diamond.

i bet modi is going to bring this up when he comes to the uk and he will get a "no". and it will be embarrassing for him for the duration of this stay. nicely timed, most people need to recognize that the uk has much more influence and power than india, regardless of india's size in population or economy.

Why will Modi ask ? That is just some random group who are "suing", not like it is government of India doing it.

i bet modi is going to bring this up when he comes to the uk and he will get a "no". and it will be embarrassing for him for the duration of this stay. nicely timed, most people need to recognize that the uk has much more influence and power than india, regardless of india's size in population or economy.
Why?

Did this case filed by Indian Govt. in ICJ in Geneva?

how can you ask for the diamond while still illegally occupying Kashmir for 60 years

"It was once the world's largest-known diamond, is worth a reported £100m and is currently part of Britain's crown jewels.

But India wants it back.

Bollywood stars and businessmen have united to instruct lawyers to begin legal proceedings in London’s High Court to return the Koh-i-Noor diamond.

The diamond was in the crown worn by the Queen Mother at the coronation of her husband King George VI in 1937 and again at Queen Elizabeth's coronation in 1953.

The group, which has called itself the “Mountain of Light” after the translation of the stone’s name, say that the 105-carat diamond was stolen from its true home in India and are demanding that the UK Government returns it.

The stone is “one of the many artefacts taken from India under dubious circumstances”, according to David de Souza from the Indian leisure group Tito’s."

India sues the Queen for return of 'stolen' £100m Koh-i-Noor diamond
Incorrect title- it is not the Union of India initiating this legal action but a few Indians in the UK.

"It was once the world's largest-known diamond, is worth a reported £100m and is currently part of Britain's crown jewels.

But India wants it back.

Bollywood stars and businessmen have united to instruct lawyers to begin legal proceedings in London’s High Court to return the Koh-i-Noor diamond.

The diamond was in the crown worn by the Queen Mother at the coronation of her husband King George VI in 1937 and again at Queen Elizabeth's coronation in 1953.

The group, which has called itself the “Mountain of Light” after the translation of the stone’s name, say that the 105-carat diamond was stolen from its true home in India and are demanding that the UK Government returns it.

The stone is “one of the many artefacts taken from India under dubious circumstances”, according to David de Souza from the Indian leisure group Tito’s."

India sues the Queen for return of 'stolen' £100m Koh-i-Noor diamond

There is a difference between 'India' suing and some Indians doing the same. When one says 'India', it usually means Government of India, particularly in this case.

Stop referring the British queen as simply 'the queen' as if she is some type of default queen of the world lol, at most she is the queen of white people.

But back on topic, India should hang the British queen for the theft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom