What's new

India successfully tests Nirbhay cruise missile

Did you miss what i was replying to .
And you still have the mind to tell others about abusive language but then what can one expect from a wanna be.

My bad....he called you by your dad's name. Sorry mate. I was sincerely going to apologize...until I read the last few words.

Great! so now one-liner protests (for which GHQ is the place) will also score positive ratings. Positive ratings were never that cheap previously. I have always maintained that Indians are first Indians and anything else (if something is left) after that. Awarding them TT status together with powers of giving rating was never a good idea. Instead of countering @Munir, @SpArK balanced the post by giving a positive rating. The PDF is becoming an interesting place day after day, thanks largely to Indian trolls.

I can show you hundreds of example where positive rating given for even starting a thread or for one liner. Just visit Pakistani section you will find the answer.

Rating system already lost its credibility, I got 6 negative rating because I questioned credibility of a thread which used source as a BLOG and that includes mod.

Do you really believe that post deserve a negative rating that was given by munir a totally biased decision.

Congratulations - Though I don't understand why are you guyz making these things when you know it never worked for the super powers to use cruise missiles in their recent wars. waste of effort and time and gives nothing but a false sense of power. You want to raise an objection, please provide examples from recent history of successful employment of such missiles in actual wars.

I think someone molested your little arse. You got rash apply a cotton swab soked in oil.

get back to your hole. And bomb it

bhai you must not jam so much hot air. Its light and gets to your head . Release it
More like your dad was little close to you, telling you all these stories.
We can understand your pain, but this is an open forum, no need to take out your frustration on others.

It is interesting to note that it carried a dummy weight of 350 Kgs. Why 350 Kg ? :devil:

It travelled 1050 km in 1hr 10 mins that give it a speed of mach 0.74

Another important point is that it does not appear to have terrain avoidance so it it unlikely it will or can fly at tree top level.

India successfully test-fires cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’ - The Hindu

Proving a host of technologies and bridging the critical gap in the country's arsenal, India's first long range subsonic cruise missile, Nirbhay, was successfully test fired from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur, in Orissa, for a distance of about 1,000 km on Friday.

This was the second flight trial of the missile as the maiden test had to be aborted mid way in March last year when the missile deviated from its path. The 6m tall, low altitude flying missile which can evade detection by radars was fired from a mobile launcher at 10.05 am.

After blasting off like a rocket to a height of 100m, the booster got separated as the missile turned horizontal and the wings got deployed making it fly like an aircraft. At the same time, the Turbo Prop engine kicked off and provided thrust to the missile which began cruising at 0.7 Mach at an altitude of 4.8 km.

The tree-top flying missile, which can carry conventional and nuclear war heads then made a series of manoeuvres and navigated `5 way points during a flight lasting one hour and 10 minutes. Carrying a dummy payload of n350 kg, the4 missile also demonstrated the critical ability to zero in on its target by diving towards a pre-designated impact point in the Bay of Bengal.

'Great moment'

The block holes at Chandipur erupted with celebrations and clapping by scientists after the success of the mission. Scientific Advisor to Defence Minister and DRDO director General Avinash Chander described it as a great moment and said Nirbhay performed better than expected.

He said it perfectly followed the path upto 15 way points and reached the required range in four digits. He said four versions of Nirbhay - land, ship, air and submarine - would be developed and the first land attack cruise missile would be delivered in three years.

The missile was developed by the DRDO's aeronautical development establishment, Bangalore, and the avionics was provided by the Research Centre Imarat, Hyderabad. The DRDL has also contributed to the development of the missile.

well i dont get it how come some pakistanies are saying that nibhay is a tomahawk rppoff when there own "so called strategik analysts" have on national TV/media themselfs have boasted that babur cruise missile was developed after they studied/reverse ingineared a tomahawk that had failed dropped in some remote north westren area ?

I have seen tons of ridiculous claims on this forum. But I do not think these are called trolls. BTW, I have been around for decades and I say it is a copy of Tomahawk design. Does that make me a troll or do I have the right of an opinion and it is probably a copy... Let us be fair. Nothing the Indians planned worled. Now USA wants India to be counter of China. Suddenly you have a working Tomahawk copy? That is not trolling my friend. That is an opinion. And if you ask me that is more realistic knowing Indian background.

So mean USA sold us the tech of Tomohawk?
Man that is one hell of joke. :D .
Whatever the reasonsUS wont sell their tech even to its closest friend like UK.Period.Then you can an independent nation like India.
About this project.You are right we are much late in this project .Because R&D effort might be that much.But then again we had a partial success in its first test and we also acknowledged that.
According to latest report it travelled around 1100km.
This is just a second trial version.Now we can imagine its capability once it is operational.

It is interesting to note that it carried a dummy weight of 350 Kgs. Why 350 Kg ? :devil:

It travelled 1050 km in 1hr 10 mins that give it a speed of mach 0.74

Another important point is that it does not appear to have terrain avoidance so it it unlikely it will or can fly at tree top level.

India successfully test-fires cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’ - The Hindu

Proving a host of technologies and bridging the critical gap in the country's arsenal, India's first long range subsonic cruise missile, Nirbhay, was successfully test fired from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur, in Orissa, for a distance of about 1,000 km on Friday.

This was the second flight trial of the missile as the maiden test had to be aborted mid way in March last year when the missile deviated from its path. The 6m tall, low altitude flying missile which can evade detection by radars was fired from a mobile launcher at 10.05 am.

After blasting off like a rocket to a height of 100m, the booster got separated as the missile turned horizontal and the wings got deployed making it fly like an aircraft. At the same time, the Turbo Prop engine kicked off and provided thrust to the missile which began cruising at 0.7 Mach at an altitude of 4.8 km.

The tree-top flying missile, which can carry conventional and nuclear war heads then made a series of manoeuvres and navigated `5 way points during a flight lasting one hour and 10 minutes. Carrying a dummy payload of n350 kg, the4 missile also demonstrated the critical ability to zero in on its target by diving towards a pre-designated impact point in the Bay of Bengal.

'Great moment'

The block holes at Chandipur erupted with celebrations and clapping by scientists after the success of the mission. Scientific Advisor to Defence Minister and DRDO director General Avinash Chander described it as a great moment and said Nirbhay performed better than expected.

He said it perfectly followed the path upto 15 way points and reached the required range in four digits. He said four versions of Nirbhay - land, ship, air and submarine - would be developed and the first land attack cruise missile would be delivered in three years.

The missile was developed by the DRDO's aeronautical development establishment, Bangalore, and the avionics was provided by the Research Centre Imarat, Hyderabad. The DRDL has also contributed to the development of the missile.
so in short the test is sucsessful but deployment is another 3 years waya and if before then pakistan attacks india with its devine babur & raad cruise missiles what's gonna happen to short dark evil chankya idiologists baniya like me :cray:

haters,,,,,cry,,,cry,,,cry,,muhahahahahahahhahah:lol::lol:
x7.gif

DRDO Chief Avinash Chander confirmed that Nirbhay covered a range in 4 digits( 1000 km+).

More like your dad was little close to you, telling you all these stories.
We can understand your pain, but this is an open forum, no need to take out your frustration on others.
Tells us where you come from. Lump of shyt.
. You re not worth it. FARTJAM.

-''''

The range is much better than expected but its going to be around 1500 kms by the time its handed over.

PAK is burring like hell... Can you any of so called senior member can prove with credible links :-

A) different between Babur and US Tomahawk ?
B) Similarity between Indian Nirbhay and Tomahawk ?

If not please keep your fantasies story to yourself then and don't troll.....including sr members...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom