What's new

India successfully tests anti satellite weapon. Low earth orbit satellite destroyed.

If there is a low orbit military spy sat at 300km its camera resolution will only detect 5 cm per pixel and a 100 pixel camera will detect only 5m so what idiot will put a spy sat at 300 km above earth which will spend all it fuel in under 1 year to keep adjusting it orbit due to gravity?

Last edited by a moderator:
The orbit of any geostationary weather sat is 35,786km Military use orbit above that for decaying. if a military sat is at 300km orbit it will only last for 1 year at max before it expends all its fuel in adjusting it orbit due to gravity. India really needs education. Modi ko acha phudu deash mila hai lol :lol:
:)I told you not to comment on things you don't know. Military satellites can use any Orbit as required. There are remote sensing satellites that fly at 500KM in LEO running for 5 years.

lol...... do you even know where ISRO ground control system is located ? :cheesy:

Or that it has no back up ?

Our guys can map out and target all your sensitive and strategic locations but it will not be neccessary as we are not threatened nor intimidated by this.

We have demonstrated that we donot think about retaliation, we just do it.

If there is a low orbit military spy sat at 300km its camera resolution will only detect 5 cm per pixel and a 100 pixel camera will detect only 5m so what idiot will put a spy sat at 300 km above earth which will spend all it fuel in under 1 year to keep adjusting it orbit due to gravity?

Acha phudu Deash mila hai Modi ko.

First step...

:)I told you not to comment on things you don't know. Military satellites can use any Orbit as required. There are remote sensing satellites that fly at 500KM in LEO running for 5 years.

I think you were not listening to Modi. 300km is not = to 500 km this will help you relax.

earthsmagnet.jpg

As a Pakistani the only thing that should concern you is that India has ASAT capabilities. Ohh wait, in fact, it shouldn't concern you at all. :)

Don't thinks so, China is more at the center stage here, meant for China and for the elections/winning electorates.

It's just a political gimmick. We already knew we had this capability after we launched Agni 5 few years ago. It's just confirmed now.

I am afraid such political gimmickry and stop gap measures for winning electorates is actually resulting in Modi loosing the trick and the popular mandate...and we here want a Modi win, a Modi second term in the office, nothing suits Pakistan more if looked with a better perspective.

Yes agreed to that but this in no way makes you even think about intercepting a sat?

Nobody claimed that by this military satellite can be downed...

Satellites in LEO... YES... Irrespective of its use...

Don't thinks so, China is more at the center stage here, meant for China and for the elections/winning electorates.

I am afraid such political gimmickry and stop gap measures for winning electorates is actually resulting in Modi loosing the trick and the popular mandate...and we here want a Modi win, a Modi second term in the office, nothing suits Pakistan more if looked with a better perspective.

Don't you worry about that. Modi will still win this election. Opposition is too weak :tup:

If true this is a significant milestone for India to have achieved the capability. But that is all there is. No space weapons or agression will be tolerated by anyone, specially the west. The test might even backfire on India if the west decides to criticise it for taking the weapon race to the space.

Pakistan needs not to be worried, this weapon is aimed at China. In worse scenario if India tried to take out our commsats, we have the capability to destroy ISRO's ground control system.
None is asking west to tolerate. We don't need their permission. We will do what we want. USA is not Indian ally and India does not trust west or its policies.

Also, taking our ground station is not easy. The ground station does not have a board saying that it is ground station. These are highly secure and can even be underground with several backups. Secondly, ASAT weapons can't take out GEO commsats but only LEO military satellites

Acha phudu Deash mila hai Modi ko.
Lower the orbit, more clarity the picture will be. It is funny that you say that picture will not be good! Yes, 300km is too low and not used by most military satellites. India wanted to avoid space debris and hence used this orbit. It was just about demonstration of ability to hit and kill fast moving orbits. The satellite at 600km orbit will be 70% as fast as 300km orbit and hence will be easier to kill.

Even USA ASAT test in 2008 was against a 250km orbit. That does not make it as useless

Lower the orbit, more clarity the picture will be. It is funny that you say that picture will not be good! Yes, 300km is too low and not used by most military satellites. India wanted to avoid space debris and hence used this orbit. It was just about demonstration of ability to hit and kill fast moving orbits. The satellite at 600km orbit will be 70% as fast as 300km orbit and hence will be easier to kill.

Even USA ASAT test in 2008 was against a 250km orbit. That does not make it as useless

lol you want to avoid debris any blast will sent debris in all directions and to all altitudes. At 300 km sat will give am image of just 50m with resolution of 1 pixel per 10m so plz forgive me. It is not me but Modi has humiliated you people and made a fool of a nation of 1.2 billion people I have my sympathies for India.

Funny comments here with rocket scientists on both sides quipping on a subject they hardly know.
Though the real take is that the capability (technical questions aside) is geared more towards belligerent countries with active military satellites; in India's case it would be meant for China.

The real question should be discussing the fallout in the aftermath of India taking out Chinese military satellites and how would India shield itself after destroying said satellites.

Back
Top Bottom