What's new

India Successfully Test Fires Supersonic Cruise Mi

Owais

Reaction score
India Successfully Test Fires Supersonic Cruise Missile

Bhubaneswar: India on Wednesday successfully test-fired an army version of its supersonic BrahMos cruise missile that was jointly developed with Russia, a defence officer said.

The missile was tested from Indias Chandipur-on-sea site, 200 kilometres (125 miles) northeast of Bhubaneswar, the capital of the southeastern state of Orissa, the officer, who declined to be named, said.

"The flight trial met all the mission objectives, officer said. The missile has a range of 290 kilometers (181 miles) and can carry a 300-kilogram (660 pounds) conventional warhead and can be launched from land, ships, submarines and aircraft, the officer said.

The eight-metre (26-foot) missile weighs about three metric tonnes.

The missile, first tested in June 2001, is named after India's Brahmaputra River and Russia's Moskva River

DefTalk.

This is not a short range missile you can call it battlefield range missile it can only hit in the area where battle is taking place so this missile should be placed in the area where there are chances for battle to take place and if not then you will surely have to displace this missile to the loaction from where you want to shoot.But the A2G version which would be fired from an AC could be deadly there is no other A2G missile which can hit a target at that much distance,this cruise missile can do the Job.
The main difference between the Pakistani and Indian cruise missile is the range and the speed.Indian cruise missile has lesser range and can hit the target in shorter time because it is supersonic and on the other hand the Pakistani missile has greater range but has lesser speed but one thing is sure that both of the missiles would hit the targets because both of them cant be deceted by the radar.But i am optimistic about the deployment of Pakistani cruise missile on an AC but it can well do its job on the ground.

although babur is smaller than Indian Brahmos(8 meters).length of babur cruise missile is about 7 meters(aprox), that missile is too big to be fitted in aircraft like F16s or JF17s!

Originally posted by Owais@Dec 1 2005, 03:18 PM
although babur is smaller than Indian Brahmos(8 meters).length of babur cruise missile is about 7 meters(aprox), that missile is too big to be fitted in aircraft like F16s or JF17s!
[post=4156]Quoted post[/post]​

I didnt know that the Babur was smaller then the Brahmos but the Indians really want to mount their Brahmos on the Flanker Su30s :glare:

Su-30 should be able to carry brahmose, in the above article it already mentions that, that brahmose now can be fired from the aircrafts, subs, frigates, and land. Su-30 has a payload of 8000 kg; 17600 lbs while F-16 has a payload of 12000 lbs. I dont see any problem with F-16 no be able to carrying babur.

However, i think the reason of Pakistan not to be able to fire the cruise missile via aircraft is that the platform of the aircraft hasn't yet been developed. If that happens it would give Pakistan a pretty good advantage in the battlefield.

As for the size, i dont know, but they say that F-16 is a nuclear capable aircraft so i dont see why it can't carry the nuclear capable cruise missile.

Originally posted by kashifshahzad@Dec 1 2005, 03:31 PM
I didnt know that the Babur was smaller then the Brahmos but the Indians really want to mount their Brahmos on the Flanker Su30s :glare:
[post=4157]Quoted post[/post]​

Trust me we have already mounted it.

Su-30 should be able to carry brahmose, in the above article it already mentions that, that brahmose now can be fired from the aircrafts, subs, frigates, and land. Su-30 has a payload of 8000 kg; 17600 lbs while F-16 has a payload of 12000 lbs. I dont see any problem with F-16 no be able to carrying babur.

However, i think the reason of Pakistan not to be able to fire the cruise missile via aircraft is that the platform of the aircraft hasn't yet been developed. If that happens it would give Pakistan a pretty good advantage in the battlefield.

As for the size, i dont know, but they say that F-16 is a nuclear capable aircraft so i dont see why it can't carry the nuclear capable cruise missile.

Apart from Su-30; Tu-142 of Indian Navy also carries BrahMos.

Regarding F-16 carrying Babur.

Don't forget that carrying a cruise missile and a Nuclear device (bomb) is a whole different game. Payload make a lot of difference.

I am yet to hear from any Pakistani source yet that F-16 and/or Mirage-III/V can carry Babur.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Dec 1 2005, 09:06 PM
Trust me we have already mounted it.
Apart from Su-30; Tu-142 of Indian Navy also carries BrahMos.

Regarding F-16 carrying Babur.

Don't forget that carrying a cruise missile and a Nuclear device (bomb) is a whole different game. Payload make a lot of difference.

I am yet to hear from any Pakistani source yet that F-16 and/or Mirage-III/V can carry Babur.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=4164]Quoted post[/post]​

How should i trust you give me any like for this information,i do not belive on rumors.
If Indian Tu142 can carry Brahmos then what is the problem with the Pakistan's Navy P-3C orions.

Lockheed P-3 Orion
Origin: USA
Type: 10-crew anti-submarine warfare and maritime patrol aircraft
Max Speed: 411 kt / 473 mph
Max Range: 3,835 km / 2,383 miles
Dimensions: span 30.38 m / 99 ft 8 in
length 35.61 m / 116 ft 10 in
height 10.27 m / 33 ft 8.5 in
Weight: empty 27,892 kg / 61,491 lb
maximum take-off 61,235 kg / 135,000 lb
Powerplant: four 3661-ekW (4,910-eshp)Allison T56-A-14turboprops
Armament: one 907-kg (2,000-lb) or three 454-kg (1,000-lb) mines, or eight depth bombs, or torpedoes, or combinations of these weapons in the lower-fuselage weapons bay, plus up to 7257 kg (16,000 Ib) of mines, torpedoes, rockets orAGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missiles on the 10 underwing stations, and 87 sonobuoys launched from tubes in the lower fuselage

Originally posted by kashifshahzad@Dec 1 2005, 09:46 PM
How should i trust you give me any like for this information,i do not belive on rumors.
If Indian Tu142 can carry Brahmos then what is the problem with the Pakistan's Navy P-3C orions.

[post=4173]Quoted post[/post]​

You don't have to trut me.

Afterall why to trust an Indian????

I can straight away show you the pictures of the above said planes carrying the BrahMos.

Also are you aware of the Payload of Tu-142?

P3C is an ant comparing to size in front of the giant Tu-142.

Thanks,

Miro

But P-3C is enough big to carry it doesn't it? :eyebrow: Comparing P-3C with Tu-142 in size for carrying a cruise missile is a pretty stupid idea.

Regards,
Ahsan F.

Originally posted by WebMaster@Dec 2 2005, 09:54 AM
But P-3C is enough big to carry it doesn't it? :eyebrow: Comparing P-3C with Tu-142 in size for carrying a cruise missile is a pretty stupid idea.

Regards,
Ahsan F.
[post=4186]Quoted post[/post]​

True, I would not discard the possibility of P-3c carrying barbur, though I am bit vary of JF-17 maily due to its size and F-16 could be developed a one of the platform but again it has a small payload, missile could be in limited number, maybe one under fuselarge.
That will also probably shorten the range as it will not carry any drop tanks. I am only gussing.

Highlight me on this Miro, you would know better.

Originally posted by miroslav@Dec 1 2005, 09:51 PM
You don't have to trut me.

Afterall why to trust an Indian????

I can straight away show you the pictures of the above said planes carrying the BrahMos.

Also are you aware of the Payload of Tu-142?

Thanks,

Miro
[post=4174]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah its silly that you are comparing Tu-142 with the P-3C orion i just wanted that it has enough payload to carry the Babur.

Back
Top Bottom