What's new

India still far behind in the Global Hunger Index

You are allowing water to pass because of fear of danda which Pakistan can put in your a**, this isnt 1948 anymore. Modern industries is invention of British empire, parsis didnt build anything without help of british.

We were just helping Kashmiris, hindus were on full geneocide mode in Punjab and Kashmir.

Yeah sure . I know how biased and nonsensical pakistani history is. While Indian history books also spin facts,reading Pakistan's history books is like reading the North Korean school text books on History.

You are allowing water to pass because of fear of danda which Pakistan can put in your a**, this isnt 1948 anymore.

This sounds funny. :wacko:

Modern industries is invention of British empire, parsis didnt build anything without help of british.

Parsis put their own money in setting the Industrial infrastructure in India. Eastern India was very rich in coal and iron ore, so Jamshedji Tata decided to setup those Industries in Eastern India. J R D Tata started the first airlines of India in 1940s. BTW Karachi Port was developed by British.

90c of Pakistanis are poor but still less hungry then Indians. 90c of Pakistanis are poor but at least only 20% defecate open while 60% of Indians does.

See there is thing called standard of poverty which for Indians is very low. Ofcourse 90% Pakistanis are poor but not when compared to Indians

Punjab has been fertile for thousands of years. What Pakistan needed was industries which were only build in hindu majority areas, it was gift of British to hindus for being loyal dogs.

How much less hungry ??? Pakistan ranks 58 on that hunger Index only 5 ranks below India , so if you can bash India on that then you should do same to your country too.

How much less hungry ??? Pakistan ranks 58 on that hunger Index only 5 ranks below India , so if you can bash India on that then you should do same to your country too.

Way less hungry then India for sure, India si comparable to African countries when it comes to hunger.

"That puts it in the category where the hunger index is between 20 and 29.9. Others in this category are Ethiopia, Sudan, Congo, Chad, Niger, and other African countries."

Way less hungry then India for sure, India si comparable to African countries when it comes to hunger.

"That puts it in the category where the hunger index is between 20 and 29.9. Others in this category are Ethiopia, Sudan, Congo, Chad, Niger, and other African countries."

It is always better to be compared to Africa than pakistan .

But only India is comparable to African countries.

You should do something to alleviate the hunger of your Muslim brothers in India, for whom you show so much concern and love.

Millions of rich Muslims from India regularly support Pakistan's economy by giving gold to their Pakistani relatives, either while on visit to Pakistan or third countries like Dubai or when Pakistanis come to India.

Sanya Mirza is one such example who feeds many Pakistani mouths.

Pakistan's score is 19.7 very close to 20.

You should do something to alleviate the hunger of your Muslim brothers in India, for whom you show so much concern and love.

Millions of rich Muslims from India regularly support Pakistan's economy by giving gold to their Pakistani relatives, either while on visit to Pakistan or third countries like Dubai or when Pakistanis come to India.

Sanya Mirza is one such example who feeds many Pakistani mouths.

lol :omghaha:

Your thread is good... An article from Indian media... India still far behind in the Global Hunger Index... . This type of article is helpful for India emphasising now also 42% of the world’s undernourished children live in India alone.... Thus became a discussion in Indian social medias and Indian forums...

For a healthy discussion in Pakistan Forum for Pakistan....

year 1990 1995 2000 2005 2013

India 32.6 27.1 24.8 24.0 21.3

Bangladesh 36.7 35.1 24.0 20.2 19.4

Pakistan 25.9 22.8 21.6 21.2 19.3

Sri Lanka 22.3 20.7 17.8 16.9 15.6

India reduce 11% in last 23 years.... Bangladesh 17%.... Pakistan 6.5%........ srilanka 7%.... Bangladesh done well... Pakistan worst....

Last 8 years India done well... Srilanka ,Bangladesh worst...

Here in Pakistan forum also Indian problems are more discussed bcos your medias are not much worthwhile......

Pakistan has a higher PERCENTAGE populaton living in hunger than India. this is according to the latest report from the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).

2441ezt.jpg

2ni6v7o.jpg

2i6knl5.jpg

http://www.fao.org/hunger/en/

This is the latest position in 2013. I don't know where the GHI is getting its information from but it is certainly out dated. I would trust the FAO report certainly over any Hunger index from a random organisation.

FAO is a part of the UNO.

Yet, I wont't laugh on hungry Pakistanis. I have a heart. :)
@SpArK @Ayush @guruDUTT @banggalore @INDIC @indianrabbit @JanjaWeed @kurup @truthteller @sovcomflot @Echo_419 @Karan1970 @PlanetWarrior @IBRIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Bangladesh, Pakistan,, Sri Lanka

Well done and keep it all up!

Do not believe a thing about hunger in India. There is enough food, vegetables, pulses and fruits & milk produced in India to feed everybody. Except the appetite of western journalists to project India as Hungary never misses a beat. They would keep manufacturing statistics to show India hungary. With 250 million tons of grains 400 million tons of vegetables, fruits and produce (I do not have milk production data with me) there is enough for everybody. With the latest legislation to distribute surplus grain to poor people all over India, anybody who could not afford to pay market price can now have it at cut rate.

Then who is this fool producing statistics to show India is hungry. A person may not eat meat and poultry but there is enough food.

Now let us turn our attention to hunger in America. It is published statistics that 40% of kids arrive in school hungry. Their parents either did not give them breakfast or ran away to school hungry. That does not mean America is hungry.

In America 16% of people are either on food stamps (a method to distribute excess food at government expense) or strait on welfare or both. If they misuse these subsidies they would go hungry or join the church soup lines.

Does that mean America is hungry?

No. No. No.

So stop producing funny self serving statistics.

Just thinking about the hundreds of millions of people around the world who are worried about food security on daily basis just breaks my heart. I would not wish any people to suffer such hardship.

When will world finally have millions of gigawatts of surplus power?

Back
Top Bottom