What's new

India starts building 850MW Ratle Dam on Chenab

The best possible solution is make a joint investment on the rivers and share the electricity between the two nations...In this way, benfit will be shared by people from both nations...

@Hyperion Any of you got details on the said project? Any big diversions planned. Kishanganga case we got the nod to go ahead with the construction and the diversion subject to not using the draw down flushing method for sediment management and their verification of the flow data on the diversion. How much money do you want to bet that our flow data will get the nod too this October? The original plan to get the project cancelled and rendered null and void didn't stand up in court. A stark reminder that every time someone screams violation it doesn't naturally qualify as one just the same.

Whats up at your end, what happened to the DB dam?

After end of the day if we build enough dams then we will have the capacity to control their water flow. As a lower riparian, Pakistan will always have apprehensions and will cry foul. It is not easy and cheap go to arbitration court every time we start a project. We should work to reduce the trust deficit and their apprehensions. According to my understanding diversions are allowed in IWT as long as it does not effect the water flow down stream inside Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good development for Kashmir. This is the third Indian dam on Chenab.

Senior Pakistani lawyer Ms Shumaila Mehmood, in the case of Kishenganga Hydropower project, said though she was aware of the development but it was the PCIW which dealt with the projects constructed by India on Pakistani rivers at earlier stages.

India has already carved out a plan to generate 32,000MWs of electricity on Pakistani rivers
India building dams on Pakistani rivers???? :woot: :omghaha:

Stupid Yindoos! First they steal water from Pakistani rivers surreptitiously, and now they're building dams ON Pakistan rivers blatantly!!! Building dams on another country's territory is a gross violation of their territorial integrity. India should withdraw from Pakistani territory forthwith and build dams in their own territory instead! :cheesy: :lol:

Epic! :cuckoo:

Well India need power... Lets make it..... Pakistan need water and lets give them that...... Whats big deal????????

Btw i am amused with my friends who has the standard solution for every problem of pakistan ..."NUKE INDIA" .... How simple??????
I would blame it on "chemical locha" nothing else

Well India need power... Lets make it..... Pakistan need water and lets give them that...... Whats big deal????????

Btw i am amused with my friends who has the standard solution for every problem of pakistan ..."NUKE INDIA" .... How simple??????
I would blame it on "chemical locha" nothing else

Brain Damage. Such comments make me :omghaha: :omghaha:

@Xracer another dam thread.. :lol:

btw,kya haal hai yaar??

LOL :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: This is gonna go for ever Yaaaaaaar. dam=Nuke=Water=Learn Swimming :laughcry:

I am alright My dear Friend By grace of ALLAH and your prayers Ap sunao How about You hows your life going what are you doing these days dost i was busy in the exams of ICS last practical ended Yesterday:victory:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more or less a pacifist, however, if our waters are cut-off, let's have a final war. That's it. No more jokes, no more skirmishes. I support any and all means necessary if India ever crosses this particular threshold. Let's all die together. :pakistan:

Buhut tamashay ho gaye.... :D

That would be illogical. Maybe 200 million of us will die worst case and 200 million of you guys. Still more than a billion of us remain. A better idea would be to just build desalination plants. There's unlimited water in the sea. It would be several times cheaper than a nuclear war :undecided:

LOL :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: This is gonna go for ever Yaaaaaaar. dam=Nuke=Water=Learn Swimming :laughcry:

I am alright My dear Friend By grace of ALLAH and your prayers Ap sunao How about You hows your life going what are you doing these days dost i was busy in the exams of ICS last practical ended Yesterday:victory:
I am fine too yaar..having vacations..
Btw, what abt ur Australia plan?? Aur swimming seekha ya nahi?? And ramadan mubarak..:P

Nothing is going to change unless there is War.

We must build our own Dams as soon as possible (before them) so water can be stored

Bunji Dam 7,100 MW
Basha Dam 4,500 MW
Kalabgh Dam 3600 MW
Neelum Jehlum Dam 1000 MW

Wars will not happen & if it does it will only change things for the worse.

Pak needs to build dams to store water and not let it run off into the sea.

I am curious however how building dams before ' them " - India I presume will help store water. The water flows down from India into Pakistan.

Please educate .

Its about time we should include waters in to our nuclear red line.

If they build Dams on our waters then simply nuke them.

211106_145025905569198_7696338_n.jpg

The above translate to " you should use your brain " ;)

Wars will not happen & if it does it will only change things for the worse.

Pak needs to build dams to store water and not let it run off into the sea.

I am curious however how building dams before ' them " - India I presume will help store water. The water flows down from India into Pakistan.

Please educate .

This logic basically," Once Pakistan develops its water uses, then it can argue at any international court that India cannot build its project by injuring committed flows of Pakistan.".

I don't see it happening though, lack of funds.

This logic basically," Once Pakistan develops its water uses, then it can argue at any international court that India cannot build its project by injuring committed flows of Pakistan.".

I don't see it happening though, lack of funds.

I dont think so.

China is constructing upstream on the Brahmaputra..

Back
Top Bottom